Beauty and the Beast

one

Moving is something that no one wants to do. It means going away from your family, your friends and most of all the place you love. Which is the exact reason of why I didn’t want to move from Vancouver. After finishing Langara University with a degree in English, I planned on working and living in Vancouver. But my parents had a different plan for me.

fashback
“Elle, dear me and your mother have been doing some talking for awhile. And we’ve decided that it would be best for you to move to Boston.” My dad said over the dinner table one night.

“But dad, I already turned down the job in Boston for the one here.” I said putting my fork down; my parent kept trying to bring this topic up even after it happened months ago.

“We know hunny, but we think it’s going to be for the best interest for you. You shouldn’t turn an opportunity away just because you don’t want to leave.” My mother said coming into the much dreaded conversation.

“But I can’t afford to live in Boston.” I said knowing this was going to shut them up about this topic.

“That’s why we asked our friends, they have a son who lives in Boston. And he is more than willing to let you stay there for free, until you get on your feet.” My dad said, this is when I knew I was in some deep shit.
end of flashback

Looking around my room, I couldn’t help but to let a few tears out. I was moving to a new country and moving in with a boy I don’t even know. My friends tried to be supportive about all of this telling me that it was going to be okay; they were going to keep in touch. My boyfriend, Derek was understanding the whole time.

fashback
“I don’t want to move, babe.” I said crying into his shoulder as he held me. Derek and I have been dating for about 2 years now. I first met him in my speech class, and from there we just clicked. In the beginning of our relationship I was a little nervous because he was the guy that everyone wanted to date; while I was the girl everyone knew of but didn’t personally know.

“It’s going to be okay, we’re going to make it work.” He said wiping the tears from my face and kissed me. I pulled away not being a fan of PDA in the park.

“Promise?” I asked him hoping he would say yes.

“You know I don’t do promises babe.” He said kissing my forehead and then pulled me into another hug. That was Derek’s thing, he never did promises.
end of flashback

Honk. Honk.
That meant everything was packed up and I was supposed to leave for Boston. I walked down the stairs and outside to find everyone was waiting. Well when I mean everyone I mean my mom, dad and Chip the family dog. My friends said they had things to do and Derek said had to help his ex-girlfriend move.

At the airport people where coming and leaving as they pleased. I stood in-front of the airport with my mom and dad. My mom was sobbing like crazy and my dad was tearing up.

“I guess, I’ll see you guys for Christmas.” I said playing with my plane ticket.

“We’ll miss you sweetie. Behave yourself, make some new friends, and have fun.” My dad said hugging me.

“Enjoy life.” My mom said hugging me as well.

I went through security, sat for an hour, and then boarded my plane. As the plane took off I could see Vancouver from the sky. That was when it had finally hit me, I was leaving Vancouver and moving to Boston. I opened up a book that I packed for the flight, finding comfort within the fairytale.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments please(: