Beauty and the Beast

eleven

“Merry Christmas.” Elle whispered looking up at her roommate as they were cuddled in his comfortable bed. This was the first Christmas that she didn’t spend with her parents which was a weird feeling because she had done so for her whole life. But Elle didn’t mind since she got to spend it with Milan.

“Go get dressed, I have a surprise waiting for you.” Milan said as he slowly let go his roommate and watched her leave his room. As soon as she did he regretted telling her to get ready, he just wanted her back in bed with him. It took forever for Milan to decide what to get Elle but with much thinking, he figured it out.

“Where are we going?” Elle asked Milan as she was dressed warmly for the hard winter weather outside of the apartment. Milan didn’t say a word but tied his tie over her eyes so she couldn’t peak.

It snowed so much over night that the roads were closed and this had ruined Milan’s plan for Elle. Now they would have to walk to where Elle’s surprise was waiting which was a good couple blocks away. Elle had clung onto Milan since she couldn’t see she didn’t want to fall or get hurt but she knew that Milan would never let that happen. Milan loved the fact that Elle was holding onto him so close, it made him happy.

Elle soon could hear dogs barking but she figured they passed a dog walker. But the barking never stopped, it just got louder and louder as Elle walked forward. Soon it seemed as if the barking had consumed Elle since it was all around her. Then Milan took off the tie and to Elle’s surprise she was standing in front of brown husky who quietly looked up at her.

“Merry Christmas.” Milan whispered at a shocked Elle. Here was the cutest brown husky Elle has ever seen in her life. Elle was playing with the dog as Milan was talking to the handler about important things. Milan figured that when he was on away trips that Elle must get kind of lonely in the apartment by herself so this new puppy would be able to keep her company.

“What should we name her?” Elle asked Milan as they were walking their new puppy to the apartment. It was perfect weather for a husky to go on her walk since they love the cold weather. The puppy had been already trained by the handler because Milan was going to be away from December 27 to January 3rd so he wanted Elle to feel safe without him there.

“Well she’s sort of named already by the handler. Her name is Aurora.” Milan slowly said to Elle hoping that she wasn’t pissed off. Elle thought that it was a beautiful name for her brand new puppy. Apparently the handler named her Aurora because she could sleep for days and days at a time.

As soon as they got home Aurora made a beeline for the couch as Milan and Elle took off their heavy coats and boots. She silently watched her two new owners make their way over a tree with lights and ornaments on them. There were only a limited amount of gifts under the tree because their families weren’t in Boston. The presents were from the fellow players and their other halves.

All the presents have been opened but one and it was Elle’s gift to Milan. The puppy had fun playing with the wrapping paper, she even wore one of the stick on bows on her head. Elle thought that it was the cutest thing as Aurora walked around the apartment with a red bow stuck on her head. She just had to take a picture of her new puppy and show it off to everyone.

“Here’s your gift, I hope you like it.” Elle sheepishly said to Milan handing the perfectly wrapped gift. It was a little heavy which made Milan that much curious, he wanted to know what his beautiful roommate had gotten him for Christmas.

After tearing off the wrapping paper like mad man, Milan realized that Elle had framed the column that she had written on December 23rd since it was a weekly column. The strange thing was that Milan didn’t recognize this column, he reads every single one but this one was different. Then Milan remembered that for some reason he couldn’t get a hold of the newspaper that day. It was either thrown away, spilled on or it mysteriously disappeared.

“I had your teammates help me keep this column a secret because it’s your Christmas gift.” Elle explained to Milan as he started to read the column.

Merry Christmas Boston,

Since I first started to write my column back in October I wrote about all of my various problems with my roommate named ‘Robby’. In fact his name is mentioned in my columns more than Boston. So my boss has decided that instead of writing about being a tourist, I should write about relationships since it seemed as if I fell in love with my roommate.

“10” A group of teenage girls would say then giggle to each other as they watched men walk across the starbucks window. It was the famous ‘rate the guy on his looks’ game that almost every teenage girl would play.

“What would you rate me?” Robby the roommate asked me as we waited inline for our starbucks coffee. He looked so eager for me to give him his number.

That was when I realized everyone seemed so caught up on looks. It seemed as if personality didn’t mean anything and it was just on how they looked. As the famous Andy Warhal once said “People need to fall in love with their eyes close.” People should do that now days, fall in love with their personality instead of their looks because lets face it your gorgeous looks aren’t going to be there when you turn 80.

And for my poor roommate Robby who never found out his number, I would rate him a 10 but that’s only because I fell in love with his personality first.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm back! (: