Beauty and the Beast

three

After hearing her cry herself to sleep last night Milan felt a little bad for her. He knew that he caused her to cry but he didn’t know how much of it was from actually him. Not knowing what to do he picked up his phone and called Patrice Bergeron. He figured that Patrice was French and would know what to do.

“Just offer her breakfast, kindly.” Patrice said stressing the word kindly.

“Breakfast is ready.” Milan said knocking on Elle’s door, he knew that she was up from her shower running earlier.

“I’m not hungry.” Elle shouted back at him, here he was trying to be nice and she didn’t want to eat!

“Well I made this so you have to eat it!” He shouted back at her, she was pushing his buttons.

“You need to ask her kindly. Dude, she just moved from a whole other country be kind.” Patrice said stressing the kind part again. He knew that when Milan got mad, things wasn’t pretty.

“You will join me for breakfast or you will not eat!” Milan shouted again ignoring Patrice’s word of advice.

“Fine, I just won’t eat!” She exclaimed. Milan was so fed up with her that he threw away the breakfast and stormed out of the apartment.

Elle heard the apartment door slam shut and the walls rattle a bit. She didn’t understand the reason of Milan being so mean to her. She just simply didn’t want breakfast and he made a whole commotion about it. And it would have helped if he went about being nice instead of a big ole jerk. Knock. Knock. Wondering who it was Elle walked over to the door and saw that it was Katy.

“Hey Katy.” Elle said opening the door wondering why Katy was here.

“Hello Elle, Patrice told me of how mean Looch was being, so I came here to cheer you up.” Katy said holding up a box of dunkin donuts and coffee.

“Thanks.” She said grabbing the coffee adding sugar to it and milk to it.

“So what happened?” Katy asked as the two girls sat on the couch. Katy pulled out her phone from behind her so Milan could hear what Elle was going to say. After he stormed out he felt instantly bad.

“He was going to force me to eat breakfast, and he’s just so ugh. I don’t know how to explain it but I can’t wait until I can move out of here. Because after I move out I don’t want anything to do with him.” Elle said running her hands through her hair. She was just so confused on what to do.

“Don’t say that he’s a nice guy.” Katy said trying to stick up for Milan. She felt bad that he could hear all of this.

“A nice guy with a stick up his ass.” Elle retorted grabbing a little donut from the box.
Soon after that all topic of Milan was dropped and Katy hung up her phone. If her and Elle were going to do any more talk about the guy he was going to just have to figure it out himself. So the girls started to talk more about their lives and jobs. Katy learned that Elle was going as a copyeditor for an author in Boston. That meant she had to read every single book looking for grammar errors.

“How exactly did you get the job if you lived in Vancouver?” Katy asked Elle as the donuts disappeared.

“I applied to work for Little, Brown and Company and I was assigned to work for Dennis Lehane, he suggested I live in Boston so it would be easier for me to edit his work.” Elle said finishing my cup of coffee. Dennis Lehane was the author of the book Shutter Island which later turned into a movie. So being able to edit this guy’s work was something special to me. This job didn’t pay much so Elle had to get another job as a weekly columnist about the things she learns in Boston.

“That’s so much cooler than my job. I’m sales manager at Nordstrom, that’s how Patrice and I met. He needed a new suit which pissed me off because I was done for the day until he walked in.” Katy said explaining how her and Patrice met. Katy was pissed off when she heard that she had one more client left and he requested her for the suit. As she continued her rant in her head as she helped Patrice with his suit, he asked her out. Being a Bruins fan all her life she couldn’t decline the offer.

Gossip started to flow between the girls as Katy gave Elle insight go all of the players personal lives. She figured that as long as Elle was going to live with Milan that she was going to go to his games. The only personal life that she didn’t talk about was the one that Elle wanted to know the most about; Milan.

“She hung up!” Milan exclaimed as he sat with Patrice, Tyler, and David. If it was up to Milan he wouldn’t have invited Tyler to hang out but since he was staying with Patrice it would be rude.

“Well you were kinda eavesdropping on their conversation.” Tyler replied playing Grand Auto Theft with David. After a minute of listening to the girls conversation, David popped in the game and they started to play. Both were not interested in the drama that was going to happen.

“Katy agreed to help and listening to their conversation was going to help.” Milan said holding his phone almost to the point of breakage.

“Girls don’t like that kind of stuff though, they like it when we listen to their crap. It makes them feel special and appreciated. You need to ask her stuff and get to know her, not have Katy get to know her.” Tyler said pausing the video game to look at Milan and all of the guys shocked expression. He just mumbled that he has 2 sisters and he’s close to his mom before resuming the game with David.

“The kids right. If you really feel bad about being a jerk to Elle you need to figure out a way to make it up to her.” The french man said giving Milan advice. He was like the go-to guy for relationship advice even though he and Katy have only been dating for about 6 months.

“I can’t just ask her out, look at her Patrice. She’s way out of my league.” Milan explained just thinking about Elle. She was medium height, with light brown hair almost blonde in a way, and her eyes were a light blue almost the same color as the sky.

“Of course she’s out of league, she’s out of everyone's league, but you can’t let her think that. You need to ask her out with confidence, you need to believe.” Tyler said just as he lost the game to David. At first he could tell that when he agreed that she was out of his league Milan was a little pissed but go over it; hopefully.

“Where do you get this advice from? You’re like a yoda for relationships.” Patrice asked wondering if guys were going to start to seek out Tyler for advice instead of him.

Milan came to conclusion that he couldn’t ask out Elle for the fear of getting rejected. Here he was not the best looking guy out there while she looked like a goddess to him. After just meeting her as he feel asleep to her sobs he imagined kissing her. What a beast he thought to himself, he made this girl cry and now he wants to kiss her!

As Tyler sat and watched his teammate chicken out on asking his roommate he decided to take matters into his own hands. Sure he might get a beat down from Milan later but he needed to show Milan that it was all about being confident but not cocky. That he just needed to believe that he could. “Let’s go get some yogurt.” Tyler asked looking directly at Elle.

“Me?” Elle asked caught off guard at his statement. Never in her life has a guy stated that they were going to hang out, it was either asking nervously or demanding like Milan.

“Yea, come on.” Tyler said standing up feeling Milan’s glare on his back the entire time. Brushing it off he grabbed his jacket as he made his way to the front door.

“Um, sure. Let me just grab my jacket.” She replied scurrying down the hall into her room to find her jacket. She was still in sweats and long sleeve shirt so she figured by throwing on a jacket it would make her look a little better. Plus she had to put on her black converse and grab her wallet. As she made her way from her room to the front door she had to pass the living room where Milan was fuming. He couldn’t believe that his own teammate had asked her for some frozen yogurt.

The pair decided to take a stroll to the nearest Pinkberry which was a place a little to far to walk so they hailed down a taxi. Much to their surprise the conversation was able to flow easily but it was probably because both were talking about how they can’t wait to really get to look around Boston. Never been to a Pinkberry before or any frozen yogurt place Elle was really enjoying her time.

“I really shouldn’t go back up there tonight.” Tyler said as he and Elle got out of the taxi, she couldn’t help but giggle in agreement. They had a ton of fun until a creeper guy started to check out Elle causing the two to leave.

“Bye, Tyler. Thanks for showing the true magic of frozen yogurt.” Elle said waving before entering the lobby. She caught the elevator to the apartment as she walked closer she realized that she didn’t have a key, praying that the door would still be open and magically it was still open.

Elle took off her shoes and slowly glided on the hardwood floors to her room. But before she went to her room she noticed that Milan’s light was still on. As she made it closer to the room she felt an arm spin her around, and she came face to face with Milan. Sure he had a several inches over her but he bent down so their faces were almost touching.
“Don’t ever go in there.” Milan said holding back all restraint from kissing her.

“Wasn’t planning on it, I was going to let you know that I’m back.” Elle hissed removing her wrist from his grip, holding back restraint from slapping him.

Thank god for work tomorrow. Thank god for practice tomorrow. was the thoughts that floated in the head of the two just as they fell into a deep sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments/ideas/suggestions are all welcomed(:
*can i have 3 comments before i post another chapter?
& thanks to nickmisfit18 for the comment!