You Can Tell Me Anything

Ch. 48

*Kats POV*

It’s really hard being back. I guess the boys had a hard time with Tre while I was away. I don’t even know why I left. I should have just told my mother to shove it when I had the chance. What in my right mind possessed me to go with them? I guess I thought that blood runs deeper than water. But it’s not like my family’s ever accepted me. Tre, Billie and Mike have always been better to me then my family has. I don’t think I’ve talked to my sister in about 5 months, and I don’t remember that last time I had a decent conversation with my father. Come to think of it I don’t really remember ever liking my father. I could have gone to Ollie. I could have gone to any of the boys or any of our friends. I didn’t have to keep quite. I didn’t have to put up with my father’s rage. But I did. My mother knew. She knew the way my father was to me, she knew what he did when he was drunk and while everyone else was away. I don’t want to think about this anymore. What about Billie and Mike. I’m very aware that I’ve been gone for a while but I have a serious feeling that there’s something…different going on. Maybe I’m just crazy. I think I’m the only one out of our group who’s ever seen Billie with a guy he’s really liked. I’ve seen the way he looks at Mike and I know that’s the look he used with the last guy he dated. That break up was bad. I really think that Billie might have let himself love that last one…whoa, wow, wait, what’s going on in the kitchen!!