You Can Tell Me Anything

Ch. 51

*Authors POV*

There’s nothing worse in the world then feeling unwanted and unneeded. It’s hard enough to grow up keeping a secret from your best and only friends. Especially a secret that’s tearing you up inside. Questions pop into Kats head as she slowly gets up from the couch. Questions like, why isn’t Tre on the couch with her? Why didn’t Mike and Billie ever come back? Where is her dad and most importantly, what is that noise coming from the kitchen? Now on her feet Kat slowly moves into the door way of the kitchen being extremely careful not to make noise. The first thing she saw was broken glass. The second was Mike’s scared face opening the front door. When Kat made a move to get to him, she was stopped both by the glass but more by the droplets of blood now covering the cream floor tiles.

“Don’t move.” Mike mouthed to her

Kat nodded her understanding and moved back onto the carpet.

Now all new questions raced through Kats mind. Whose blood was that? What do they want? Is it her fathers’ blood? Or maybe an animals? Kats mind was going so fast she didn’t hear Tre open the back door and softly fall to his hands and knees. Actually it was only when she saw all the color draining out my Mikes face that she thought to look behind her. Suddenly nothing mattered. Kat let out an ear splitting scream and ran to Tres side. He was breathing but his whole face was covered in blood. You could already see bruises forming on both eyes from a punch in the nose, which appears to be broken or at least really badly swollen. The more Kat looked at him the more cuts and bruises she could see. As much as it hurt, she recognized her fathers’ handy work on the face of the only man she’s ever let herself love. Kat ripped off the cloth belt tried around her waist and started wiping blood out of Tres eyes as Mike ran around the house locking doors and checking for whoever hurt Tre.

“All clear.” Mike breathed dropping on the other side of Tre with an armful of towels from upstairs.

“Are you sure?” Kat asked with her voice shaking uncontrollably

“Yeah I’m positive.” Mike said trying to reassure her

“We h-have to w-wake him up-p...” Kat stuttered through tears

Mike propped Tres head up with a towel and started to help Kat mop him up. Mike got up and wet one of the smaller towels in the sink and tried to clean some on the blood from Tres eyes. He glanced up long enough to see the utter terror in Kats eyes.

“Awe Kitty Kat he’ll be fine.” Mike said leaning over to pat her hand

“It was my d-dad I k-know it.” She whispered.

“What?” Mike barely muttered

Suddenly everything made sense, the bruises; the way Kat didn’t really like to be touched by anyone, the days and weeks Kat would just seem to drop off the face of the Earth with no explanations. Slowly and brokenly Kat began to tell Mike everything. Halfway through her story Billie Joe walked in with his mouth hanging open but didn’t ask any questions. He just sat down, listening and helping with Tre. When Kat was finished neither of them could say anything.

“We should, uh, move Tre off the floor.” Billie finally suggested

“Yes, great idea!” Mike said

Kat ran to the couch moving pillows and getting blankets. The boys gently picked Tre up and set him as lightly as possible on the couch.

“If you’re okay with being alone at the house, Billie really needed to check the neighborhood for your dad, if that’s who did this, and I need to run to the store to get band-aides and shit to fix Tre.” Mike asked

“I guess I have to be.” Kat said reaching for Tres hand and moving a piece of his hair out of his eyes.

“Okay, we’ll be right back. I promise you.” Billie said getting onto his knees and pulling Kat into a hug.

“Take your phones!” Kat screamed as the headed for the door

Just as the door shut Tre began to stir. His eyes opened and shut tightly.

“Owwww!!” He moaned

“Oh Tre, are you okay? Where does it hurt? Who did it? Do you need water or something?” Kat rambled

“I’m alive, yes, you’re dad and come here” He muttered sitting up in visible pain and reached for Kats hands.

Kat carefully climbed into Tres arms and rested her head on his shoulder as he put his head back against the back on the couch.

“I’m fine now baby...shh everything’s fine. I’m not leaving you. I’m here.” Tre whispered rubbing Kats back as she began to cry silently.