Status: Getting Worked On.

Off Ice Love

one

Today was the day. It was the day of my first NHL game ever. I couldn't believe this was actually happening to me. My emotions were hard to follow, they were nervous yet excited at the same time, and the butterflies weren't exactly helping either. I have been waiting all my life for today, and right now, I don't even think I want to make this happen just yet. All I got to do was close my eyes, breath normally, step on the ice, and play a hell of a game.

My name is Savannah Sim. I'm 21 years old from Petawawa, Ontario. I play for my dream team which is the Washington Capitals and I get to play with one of the greatest players in the NHL, Alex Ovechkin. I currently play right wing, and I shoot left. I'm number 11, and I am 5'10 and a half. I have brown hair with naturally loose curls and I have light blue eyes. That's pretty much me, and that's pretty much what the state on the website.

I was so thankful that we won our game today! We beat the Chicago Blackhawks 5-2, and I had gotten 2 assists. I was proud of myself, but I am still waiting for my first goal. After the game, Bruce Boudreau gave us a talk to congradulate us on our win of our first game of the season as we started taking off out equipment and and getting all showered up. Since I am a female I get my own locker room and my own shower, which I am pretty greatful of. I put all of my stuff in the bag and I headed out the hall. Then I was stopped by Ovi.

"Hey, Simmers. A couple of guys are going to come over to the house tonight. Is that alright with you?" He asked in his broken english.

"Yeah, of course it is. You don't have to ask me you know. It really is your house, and you are kind enough to let me live there for free."

"No, no. I need to ask you. I rude for not asking." I laughed at his accent. It was so cute. "Come on, I'll drive back since you drove on the way here."

"Okay, but I am serious Ovechkin! Don't get a ticket like you almost did last time!" I patted his shoulder.

"Ah, I won't. Just relax!" He pulled me by the waist and we walked into the parking lot.

We got home about 45 minutes later. The traffic was terrible and I was sure that we were going to get into an accident thanks to Ovi. I walked into my room to get ready since company was coming over tonight. I was really thankful for this room. It was painted blue, had nice hardwood floors, and a beautiful bedspread. Ovi really didn't have to do all this, but I really was glad that he did. I heard the door open downstairs as I was putting mousse in my hair. I quickly washed my hands and headed downstairs. The usual people were here, Backstrom, Greeny, Laich, Semin, Schultz, Varly, you know.. the usual. Although, as I made my way into the living room, I noticed some new faces. I recognzied most of the players from the game tonight but others I wasn't so sure of. I instantly knew who Patrick Sharp, Duncan Keith, Patrick Kane, and Jonathan Toews were. They didn't really noticed me because they were too interested in the game that was being played on the xbox so i went and sat beside Nicklas Backstrom.

"You up for a game?" Backstrom asked.

"No, I think I am just going to hang tonight. Plus I really don't wanna hear Ovi start being a sore loser again." I smirked.

"Yeah, that was funny that you beat him." We both laughed, and I shoved his shoulder. I saw Ovi give us a glare and he rolled his eyes. I decided to get up and start talking to him, Greeny, and another person who looked like Brent Seabrook to me. As I got up and walked towards them I accidently ran into someone on the way, and them being bigger than me, knocked me down to the ground.

"Oh god. I'm sorry. I wasn't looking where I was going! Here, let me help you up." He grabbed my hands and helped me up. I felt instant sparks as he touched my hands but I shook it off. "Hey.. you're the girl who played us tonight. Good job on you're first game, you did really good. Oh, and I am sorry about my shot you blocked. How's your knee?" I blushed for some odd reason, but I was really glad that there wasn't many lights on because this was really embarassing for me, cause I hardly ever blushed around guys. Although, I was sure he saw me blushing because he gave me a smirk.

"Oh, um... it's good thanks. Yeah.. good. thanks." I stuttered, which made me blush even more. He laughed.

"Well that's good then. I'm Jonathan, but people just call me Jon." He stuck his hand out, and I gladly accepted feeling those sparks again as I touched it.

"I know I'm a fan. I'm Savannah, but people do call me Savannah, or Simmers so you can pretty much call me whatever."

"Savannah, cool name."

"Thanks." I blushed yet again.

"So.. um.. do you want a drink or something?" He asked me. I decided whether I wanted one or not, but I decided that It would be an alright thing to do, since tomorrow was Sunday and we didn't have a game or practise the next day.

"Sure, sounds good." He nodded and walked towards the bar that Ovi had. I don't really know what's going on with me. Normally I was loud, talkative, annoying, and such, which is really what I heard from a lot of people including Ovi, but really Ovi is the same. Right now I was actually all shy and such, which is completly the opposite. Do I have feelings for this guy or something? I can't be cause I just met the guy, but really, why am I acting like this?

~Jon's POV~

I started walking towards Alex's bar as I thought about Savannah. She was really quite beautiful with her brown hair and her eyes as blue as the sky. Talking to her made me act quite different. Normally I acted "serious", hence the reason of my name "Captain Serious". This girl was making me act out-going, and such. I had seen the Washington Capitals' new videos and Savannah wasn't all this quiet like she was today. She was all loud, and outgoing. She was even doing pranks on the other players. She was like a mini Sharp or Burish. Maybe she was acting? I really don't know, but I like her. She seems nice. As I got closer to the bar Kaner approched me.

"Nice catch, Tazer. She's hot." Patrick said with his goofy smile as he did a thumbs up.

"Shut up Kaner." I rolled my eyes.

"Aw, come on dude! Are you not gunna fuck her tonight?" That stupid grin appeared on his face again. Oh, how I hate that grin.

"No. Get out of here Kaner!" I blushed as he said that.

"Aww.. is that a blush Captain Serious?! Cute. Do you like her? I bet you do! Since you're captain serious you won't even do anything." He patted my back and I rolled my eyes yet again. I got the drinks and I headed towards Savannah. She was sitting on the couch and she was talking to some of the capitals and the blackhawks as they were playing Call of Duty or something. She wasn't as shy as she was before. Knowing I was the person who made her like that made me smile a bit.

I handed her the drink and she said thanks. I sat beside her on the couch and we started talking. We talked about everything and anything. I knew everything there was pretty much to know about her, and she knew quite a bit about me. She was actually like a mini Burish or Sharp, and I loved that about her. She even kissed me. Like, SHE had KISSED ME. As in me, me! I was going crazy about her, she was amazing. I shouldn't be thinking like this though already, I just met her like 3 hours ago and we like just played a game against each other the first time like 6 or 7 hours ago. Imagine what my mother would think. She might not even feel the same way about me. She could just be using me. She could be like Kaner, trying to get anything in their pants. Oh that is so not me! She looked at me, and I noticed her blue eyes again. I then decided that she is probably not like that because she probably would have tried to get me into her bed by now.

"So Captain Serious." She spoke up to break the silence, "We have 2 more games together here in Washington. You don't leave until next Thursday or Friday right?"

"Friday."

"Oh, so that's good. Since nothing is going on tomorrow, other than your 5:00 practise in the afternoon, how about we go out for lunch together like a date or something." She smiled at me. I couldn't say no to those beautiful eyes.

"Sure sounds good." I got all shy again and started blushing.

"Aww.. you blusing Toes? Haha, i just called you Toes! That's so cute." She was clearly drunk. She must of had like 5 or 6 beer or something, and I only had like 3, so I was a bit buzzed but not too bad.

"Savannah, you're drunk. Go to bed. I don't want you to have a bad hangover in the morning. Plus its 3. You might want to get up in the morning if you want to go to lunch with me tomorrow." I had said to her.

"Nah, I'm good. Toes. I love the name Toes. Haha, I'm going to call you Toes now!" She smiled and laughed. Her smile was amazing and so was her laugh. I know she has been drinking now but imagine how amazing they'd be when she was sober.

"Fuck, Toews. How much did she drink? I'm putting her in her bed. Let's go Simmers, bed time for you." Ovechkin picked Savannah up on her shoulder and she hiccuped.

"Put me down Ovi!" She started kicking him and punching him. Not very hard though.

"No way Simmers." He managed to tame her.

"Alrighty then. Nighty night Toes!" She winked and blew me a kiss which caused me to blush some of the guys around started to hoot and hauler. Sure, I may only know Savannah when she was drinking and when she was on the ice, but I am actually quite excited for tomorrow. It shall be a day to remember.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry, it's quite short and awful. I'm not really a good writter at all, but I always find it hard to start the story. Anyways.. Chapter 2 might be out soon since it is the Winter Holidays! xx