Status: Active

Seeing the Truth

Un.

I woke up on Monday morning at 7.30 exactly, not wanting to be late for my first day at the Blind Center for the Youth. I had submitted a CV one month earlier applying for the job, wanting to help those less fortunate, amongst other things.

I made sure that I had exactly enough time to get ready and make it for the 20 minute drive through early traffic. I began my average morning routine by taking a shower and getting dressed. I stopped putting make-up on a while ago after I realized that it wasn't helping me attract any less attention from the guys.

I slipped on a black skinny, a white tank top and my worn out sky blue All Stars. I didn't want to make a big issue about clothing, seeing as I wasn't aiming to impress anyone.

I quickly made my way downstairs where I hastily chowed down on a bowl of Lucky Charms, grabbed my messenger bag and made a speedy exit out my front door, thankful that my parents were on a short 3-day anniversary vacation, meaning that my mother wasn't home to scold me for not cleaning my room or the kitchen.

Fumbling inside my bag for my car keys, groaning at how this seemed to be taking forever. Just then, somebody who I really wasn't in the mood to see came out his front door in his pajama pants, shirtless.

My neighbor, Colin. One of the people who were partially responsible for my new found resentment towards the male race. He had not necessarily been part of the group of people who caused the whole affair to occur, but was a bystander, who chose not to impose on something that was, so clearly, unjust.

He looked up at my groan and smirked, one thing I didn't expect him to do. You would think that he would feel at least a twinge of guilt for what had happened. But no, he smirks.

'Having a tough morning, hey, Davies?' he called across his lawn as he walked towards his post box. 'You shouldn't be up this early, that's what the problem is.'

'I don't think you're in a position to give me advice, Colin,' I called back in an irritable voice, having finally managed to locate my keys.

'Well, then, what do you say we get into a better position... in my room?' I could pick up the smirk in his voice again. I shot him a disgusted look, making it clear that nothing like that would ever happen.

I jumped into my car and set my bag next to me, shutting the door loudly, before he was able to say anything more that would make me want to kick him somewhere where the sun just doesn't shine.

As I pulled out of the drive way, I caught a glance of myself in the mirror, noticing that my cheeks had turned a bright red. Something, I knew, that was not caused by embarrassment or shyness, but from pure anger and hatred, aimed directly at Colin Wilson.

I took a calming breath and proceeded in taking the exit on to the main road that would lead me right to the Blind Youth Center. I wouldn't let anything get in the way of a good mood today, not even a jerk like Colin.