Status: Active

Seeing the Truth

Six.

I soon found that Kaden only lived 2 blocks away from my house. As we pulled into the driveway after he directed me, a girl around 18 came stomping out, shouting back at the house aggressively.

'Ugh, MOM! Shut up already! I"M GOING!' she screamed. Her choppily cut black hair sticking up at the back, making it look as though she just woke up.
She turned around sharply and took a quick step back, noticing my car for the first time. Kaden sighed, 'My sister,' he said tiredly.

'It's okay,' he said, as his sister stood with her arms crossed, one foot jutting out. 'I can make it into the house from here, thank you for the ride,' he smiled.

'No problem, I'll see you tomorrow, then?' I asked.

'Yeah,' he replied before finding the handle to the car door and stepping out carefully. He using the walking stick to make his way straight past his sister and into the door, waving in my general direction before stepping in.

I started my car and prepared to reverse, but Kaden's sister made her way to my car before I could move. She tapped on the window for me to open it and leaned on it with her hands when I did. 'Hi,' she greeted in a much calmer voice than when I first heard her. 'Hey, so you're Kaden's sister?' I asked.

She pursed her lips and nodded, 'Thanks for bringing him back. I was actually just about to leave to get him, but I got kinda caught up...' she trailed off, glancing back at the house. I nodded in reply.

'Um, could I ask you a favor?' she asked, leaning in further, 'Could you bring him back tomorrow, too? I'm just going to be a bit busy, you see?'

'Yeah, it's not a problem. I live nearby in any case. I'm Ade, by the way,' I held out my hand. She smiled back, 'Kelly,' she stated before leaning back. 'I'll see you soon, yeah?' she asked.

I nodded, smiling with a wave and reversed, making my way back home.

I sighed as I pulled into my street, glad that I can just get home and take a rest. Just my luck, I thought when I noticed a few cars parked in front of my house, blocking my driveway. Most likely visitors of Colin. But seeing as it was nearing nighttime, I wasn't surprised to see that Colin was having another party and his guests were already arriving.

I parked on the opposite side of the street and got out of the car in a huff, having had enough of Colin's crap. I made my way to his and just as I had suspected, the door was unlocked. Allowing whoever wanted to party free entry.

'Where's Colin?' I demanded from the first person I saw, someone who looked strangely like Brandon's friend from the blind center. 'Dunno... Last time I saw him...' he didn't finish and instead pointed upstairs. I began making my up the staircase, only to be called back.

'Hey!,' the guy I'd just spoken to called out, 'Don't I know you from somewhere?' he questioned, a slur already appearing in his voice.

'I sure hope not,' I told him, before making my way upstairs once more and bursting in on the first door I assumed to be Colin's.

The sight within caused me to burst out in laughter.