Crash World

Never Mind Blue and Pink

Today was my baby shower. Sasha and my mom were downstairs putting out the food. And myself, well I was getting ready. My dad was at the hotel and would be coming by later after the party. After many tries I finally got my dress on. Having a large belly is sometimes difficult. I had been told not to come down till everyone had arrived which meant I had to wait for Sasha to come get me. So I had some time for myself before the party started, I pulled out my floor plans/sketches of what the baby’s room was going to look like. I was hoping we would be starting soon. She also had something she had to tell her mom and Sasha before she forgot.

About 15 minutes later, Sasha knocked on my door and came in.
“Lets go baby mama!” she said with a grin. She knew I hated when she called me that.
“Seriously, Sasha do you have to call me that”, I said while laughing.
“Of course I do, since I love the look on your face when I say it”
“Jeez, fine let’s go then”
“Good you’ll love your shower”

We walked down the stairs, once we got to the main floor we walked into the living room. There was everyone I knew. I saw one familiar face that I hadn’t seem in a couple of months and was not really expecting to see. That person was Andrée, Jonathan’s mom.

The rest of the party went well there were games, I talked some people. During lunch, I excused myself to go grab a glass of juice from the fridge. As I poured the juice into the glass, I heard someone walk into the kitchen. Before I looked up I heard, “Kendra, could we talk?”

I looked up to see Andrée standing in front of me on the other side of the counter.
“Andrée, if you’re trying to talk me into getting back with Jonathan because of this baby, I’m not.”
“Oh, honey it’s not about that; I would never try to talk you into something... But this is about Jonathan somewhat”, she said as she sat on the stool.

“I just wanted to let you know that Bryan and I are so disipointed about everything Jonathan has done and what he did to you. And also even though the two of you are not together we want to help you and our future grandchild anyway we can. We both love you and you will always be apart of our family no matter what happens between you and Jonathan. The two of you were together for so long, and you are very much apart of this family, and you will never be replaced ever. I’ve wanted to talk to you for so very long but, I didn’t know how you were doing. I hope you know you can always call us if you ever need someone to talk to, we’re always here if you need us...remember that”

As Andrée said this my head fell into my hands and tears started to fall. I felt Andrée come over and pull me into a hug. “I will always love you as my daughter-in-law”. I started to cry even more. I had missed this woman so much; she was practically a second mother to me. I looked up through my teary eyes, “thank you so much Andrée, you have no idea how much those words mean to me. All of this had been so hard and confusing and I’m just trying to take it one day at a time but sometimes it’s just too much.

And with that the two of us walked back into the living room. No one asked why my eyes were still a little red; I could tell that my mom and Sasha knew though. The rest of the baby shower was pretty uneventful; it consisted of me opening a lot of presents. I got a rather interesting gift from Sasha of course, I still can’t tell if it was a joke or not. She got me this rather very form fitting tight blue skating dress that was all lace. She said that this was what id be wearing when I made my “post baby return” to the ice.

After everyone left, Andrée, Sasha, my mom and I sat in the living room organizing the gifts into piles and bags to make them easier to take upstairs later. As we sat on the chairs my mom asked me “So Kendra, what’s going on with your work situation?”
“Well, mom actually there is something”
“Really!” said Sasha.
“Hush, Sash. I’ve actually decided to put my skating career on hold for maybe a year or two I’m not 100% sure at this point. And I’m going to put my BeD (bachelor’s degree in education) to good use. An elementary school here in Chicago offered me a job for next year and I accepted it.”
“That is wonderful Kendra!” my mom smiled.
“Great to hear” Andrée said.
“Atta girl”, Sasha said shooting me a thumbs up.

We all talked for a while, my dad ended up coming over and got me the watermelon I had asked for. Since I had been craving it all day long. About 20 minutes after my dad came, the door bell rang. I got up to get the door, much to the dislike of everyone else. I’m guessing no one wants you to do anything once you’re almost 7 months pregnant.

I opened the door and there was Jonathan and his dad.
“Hi Jonathan”
“Hi Bryan how are you?”
“I’m good sweetheart, how you doing? How’s my future grandchild doing”
“I’m better, tired thought. He or She is doing great, been…” I stopped for a moment.
“Well actually it’s kicking like crazy right now” I said as I put my hand on my tummy where the baby was kicking. “Would you like to feel, I asked him”
“Of course” he said as he put his hand where mine had been. “That is so incredible”

After that moment, the two came into the living room. You could almost cut the tension between Jonathan and my parents and Sasha with a knife, as he said hi to them.
“Oh, I almost forgot to give you these”, Jonathan said as he hand me a bouquet of my favourite flowers, pink and yellow carnations.
“Aw, thank you. I’ll go put these into a vase after”
My parents didn’t really say much since, at this point they couldn’t stand Jonathan.
At about 5:30 Jonathan, Bryan and Andrée decided it was time to go.

Everyone got up and headed to the door. Just before Jonathan said goodbye to my parents he said “I just wanted to apologize for doing what I did to Kendra, you guys don’t have to forgive me and I don’t expect you to, but I just wanted to let you know that I know what I did was stupid and horrible of me.”
What came out of my dad’s mouth next really surprised me, he put a hand on Jonathan’s shoulder and said “As long as you step up and take responsibility for what you have done”. My mom gave a nod towards him. Jonathan gave both of them a hug and then came over to me.

He gave me a smile and hugged me while whispering “I’ll always love you”. One single tear rolled down my cheek. After he bent down and kissed my stomach and said “Bye baby, daddy will see you soon okay. I love you soon to be hockey player”
“Seriously Jonathan”, I said as I chuckled.
“Sorry, one can dream right”
“Yea, one can”
In which after that they left. And now it was time to clean up and take a nap after this long day.
♠ ♠ ♠
i am so sorry for everyone who has been waiting. i ended up being way busier then i thought i would be. so hopefully the story will start to get typed more. trust me its about to get really interesting. like always i hope you all enjoy this chapter and please comment. what do you think will happen next?