Crash World

Maybe Things Could Change

Kendra sat for some time in the newly done nursery that night looking through the box of memories of her and Jon. It was crazy how much times had changed. She thought back to a conversation they had when they had just bought their home almost 3 years ago.

--Flashback--
“I’m guessing we’re going to have a lot of storage space around here”, Kendra said as she put a box on the floor in front of her.
“Well for the time being”, smirked Jon as he wrapped his arms around her.
“Already planning ahead I see”, she said as she leaned back into him.
“Of course, you know I’ve always wanted kids”.
“I do too; I just didn’t think you thought of it. Most guys usually don’t”.
“A lot of times I do, 2 kids. Boy first, of course so he can play hockey and then protect his little since once she comes along”, Jonathan said as he kissed Kendra on the top of her head.
“Well, aren’t you cute?” Kendra said as she turned facing him, “I can’t wait for the day we have little pitter patter of feet running around, in due time.”
Laughing as she gave him a kiss.

--Present day--
Kendra came back from her flashback, “that seems like so long ago”. And it was, so much had changed since then. She never thought in a million years she’d be pregnant and alone. Her dreams of the future and of kids had always involved Jonathan. And with that she put the pictures back in the box and placed it on a shelf. She stood at the door, looking around the room before she turned the lights off. Looking down at her now 7 month tummy, while she closed the door said “don’t you worry one day you’ll have a box like that with memories with both mommy and daddy, I promise. And with that closed the door.

--5 WEEKS LATER--
Life with a 5 week old, especially when you’re in the middle of trying to stay in the chase for the playoffs was difficult. The Blackhawks were hanging on to 7th place in the west and Jonathan was flabbergasted with how the season had gone. So up and down, never having a chance to just sit back and enjoy a win. Always worrying about what the next game would bring. They had a 2 week road-trip coming up tomorrow afternoon and these 6 games were important in them staying in the playoffs. It also didn’t help when Jen wouldn’t get up most nights when he was home to feed the baby. He was more than happy to help most nights but not when you have an 8:30 practice the next day.

Jen was getting all her bags in her, since her and Hannah were staying at her parents place outside of Chicago for a couple of days while I was on the road. I said goodbye to them as they drove off. I walked back into the house. To be honest as much as I loved Hannah, these two weeks with just the team was something I really needed. Something just didn’t feel right. Seeing Kendra pregnant alone without me, just made me hate myself more for that I did to her. I ruined everything we had and were working towards. We should have been decorating a room for the baby in this house together. I hit myself in the head with my hand, “Jon you are such an idiot”. I decided to call Kendra and see if I could take her out for dinner. I didn’t know if she’d say yes or not but I just wanted to try and see what would happen.

--Kendra and Sasha’s House--
Clothes were being thrown from the closet as Sasha sat on the bed.
“Why can’t I find anything clothes that don’t make me look a thousand pounds”, came from the closet.
“Maybe cause your 8 months pregnant, dude”, Sasha answered back. “Can you please explain to me why you even agreed to go out with Jon to dinner again?”

Kendra’s head popped out of the closet, “Seriously Sasha, I already told you.” She said as she threw a scarf at Sasha’s head.
“Hey! No you didn’t, you just mumbled something about how long you were together blah blah, he’s the father of my baby, blah blah…”
“Well, those are the reasons why.”
“Alright, I’m not going to sit here and list all the reasons as to why I think this is a bad idea, cause you know those already. Just be careful, because I don’t want to see you get hurt again.”
Kendra came out of her closet, wearing a blouse, with leggings, cardigan and boots. Since it was still March, and it hadn’t warmed up enough quite yet. “Yeah I Sash, don’t you worry I know exactly what I’m getting into with this.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So finally a new chapter! Sorry it took so long, my senior year last year was crazy busy and had no time to update so hopefully ill be able to get chapters out for you guys! Enjoy!