Crash World

Things Dont Go As Planned

Jon pulled up outside Kendra’s house. He got out of his Range Rover and walked up to the door. After he rang the doorbell, he was surprised when Sasha’s face appeared when the door opened.

“Listen here Jon, I don’t like that she’s going to dinner with you. But I’m not going to sit here and tell her not to. I swear if you do anything at dinner to upset her, ill punch you so hard.”
After Sasha finished what she was saying, Kendra came down the stairs. Saved by the bell; thank god Jon thought. Just seeing Kendra, I still got that feeling the day I met her. Even though she was 8 months pregnant with my child, she looked beautiful.

We ended up going to this Mexican restaurant. We made small talk for a bite until our food arrived. Other than that not much was said. Until Kendra, blurted out a question out of nowhere. “Jonathan, you promise you’ll be there for this baby right?”
“Of course I will be.” I said as I reached over the table and grabbed her hand. She pulled away, “Jonathan, you can’t do that anymore.”
“I know, sorry Kendra. It’s just a force of habit.”

The dinner went on like normal, small chit chat. Kendra asked how the team was doing and what our plans were for the long road trip. I dropped her off a couple of hours later. As I opened the door for her, and helped her out. I gave her a kiss on the forehead and waited till she got in. As I drove away, it finally hit me that things werent going to go back to the way they were. I had ruined everything, and there was no way Kendra would ever take me back. I should just be there for my child whenever they are born, and just leave Kendra's feelings alone.