Crash World

Ready Or Not

Chapter 17
May was a couple of days away, and I was enjoying the last few days of my pregnancy. I was due any day so I was trying to take it easy. Things between me and Jonathan had been going well ever since dinner 3 weeks ago; I really wanted to try being civil for when the baby came.

But of course Jen was always making sure she was getting attention and that Hannah was getting spoiled by Jonathan, what else is new. She had to realize she wasn’t pregnant any more so not everyone is worried about showering her with attention.

“Popcorn?” Sasha asked as I was reminded that I was in the Blackhawks Family box at the United Centre watching the guys battle the Stars in the 1st round of the playoffs. After their 2 week road trip, in which they won 5 out of 6 games, they continued on a hot streak and made it to the playoffs. I had decided to come watch the home playoff games, since I was still a fan at heart and I wanted to support the guys. Plus no matter what had happened between me and Jonathan these past 10 months, I would always support hiss hockey career. It was game 5 and if the guys could keep up the 2 goal lead they had then they’d be off to the 2nd round.
“Uh, no thanks. I’m good”

I looked around the box and accidently made eye contact with Jen, who just gave me a dirty look and went back to chatting with Kane’s flavor of the month and feeding Hannah. As much as I was here to cheer on the guys, I’ve had so many things racing through my mind, how I wished my baby could have complete family and not one where the parents were already spilt up. After coming home from dinner, things seemed like how they used to be, but sadly they probably never could be. Then there was the School board in Alberta that called me wanting me to teach at their school next year. I didn’t know what I was....OUCH!

I tried not to make it too obvious that I was in pain. It was another contraction, they all started this afternoon. I knew I was in labor but I didn’t want to take Jonathan out of the game right now since it was such a huge game. I just had to hang on for about 20 minutes. I could do it. I kept myself busy by talking to the other wives around me and watching the game.

But during the 2nd intermission, the contractions started to get stronger and closer together. I lied I couldn’t deal with this any longer. The next contraction came and I gripped my seat and my face said it all and Sasha noticed. She gave me the look of “Was that a contraction?” and I mouthed “yes”. Well at that moment Sasha yelled out, “HOLY CRAP YOU’RE IN LABOUR!”