Status: Inactive

Wish Upon a Second Star

The Darlings

It was a cold December evening at the Darling household. The three children of the family, Wendy, John, and Michael; were sitting in their game room watching Christmas movies on the TV.

Their parents, Mr. and Mrs. Darling, were getting ready to go to a business dinner that night for Mr. Darling's company. However, they weren't the only ones getting ready.
Wendy had secretly planned to sneak out to her friend, Mary's house where the most "epic" party of the year. Now all Wendy had to was wait for her parents to pile into their car and drive away.

"When are you going to be home?" Michael asked abruptly. He was the youngest of the three children, but had a certain aura of maturity that his brother and sister never quite had.
Wendy continued to watch the television as she said, simply, "Don't worry about it."
Michael sighed sighed and shook his head. He might have only been ten years old, but he was smart enough to know that all the constant partying was no good for Wendy. Besides, he missed his sister, the one he used to know. Michael didn't know how many more times he could cover for her.

John, on the other hand, had already given up on Wendy. He refused to speak to her unless it involved arguing.

Wendy heard her parents' car rumble out of the driveway and she moved to the window and lifted it up. But for some reason, she hesitated. She glanced back at her brothers and saw a single tear roll down Michael's face.

Seeing that tear broke something in Wendy and suddenly the party no longer mattered.

Slowly, she closed the window and walked back to sit with her brothers.

"W-what about your party?" Michael stuttered.

Wendy sighed. "There'll be other ones." After that, nothing else was said on the topic.
♠ ♠ ♠
Really short chapter, but bear with me. It's my first story.