Status: Inactive

Wish Upon a Second Star

Peter

It was half past eleven o'clock and Michael and John were already fast asleep. Wendy sat watching TV, it cast a light across her face. Her phone buzzed for the fifth time, but she didn't even open it. It was Mary wondering where she was. Wendy thought she would at least have felt a hint of regret for not going to the party, but she didn't. Those type of parties usually just involved people getting so drunk until they didn't even remember they were ever at a party.

Suddenly, there was a thud at the window. Wendy jumped, startled. 'What in the world...' she thought.

Hesitantly, she got up and headed towards the window, grabbing a tossed pillow from off the floor.

Wendy reached the window and peeked outside. There was nothing there. She breathed a sigh of relief. It was only her imagination. Then something darted past in the corner of her eye.

A gasp escaped from her lips. There was something in her room...but what? She did a 360 glancing frightned into the dark corners of the room.

Finally, she thought she saw something resting in the farthest corner of the room. With her pillow raised, Wendy crept closer and closer...

"Do you see it?" a boy's voice whispered.

Wendy whipped around and almost let out the biggest scream of her life when a hand came over her mouth.

"Shhh!" the person hissed. "You'll wake up your brothers!"

She bit the hand and began to beat the pillow over the stranger's head until he grabbed it with suprising strength.

"Stop that!" he whispered with a smile in his voice.

"W-who are you?!" Wendy stuttered.

The stranger laughed and backed up until he was under the light of the moon coming from the now open window. He had on a ripped t-shirt and his pants were made of leaves.

"The name's Peter."
♠ ♠ ♠
I haven't updated in forever, I know. It was writer's block, but I hope you enjoy this short chapter. I would love to get some comments!