‹ Prequel: Sweet Dreams

I Will Remember You

I Will Remember You

“Jimmy, I love you so much.” I said as I hugged the man of my dreams. He had his normal crazy grin but his beautiful eyes held love in them as he responded.

“I love you too, Ronni. Always and forever.” I smiled and kissed his soft lips. Suddenly, he dropped to the ground and pulled out the most beautiful ring I had ever seen. I gasped and felt the tears start to come out of my eyes as he knelt down on one knee.

“Veronica Williams, would you do me the honor of becoming my wife?” He asked me seriously. I nodded and whispered,

“Yes, yes, yes, always yes.” He grinned and suddenly yelled,

“GUYS! SHE SAID YES!” I chuckled at my fiancée as he danced around the yard and the rest of the guys congratulated us.

It was impossible to be this in love. It just had to be.


I sat up in my bed as I started to cry. Memories that used to be the greatest things I had were now haunting me. I was withering away into nothing. I heard a knock on my door and I sighed. I got up and slipped my robe on.

I got to the door and looked through the peephole. I saw Matt and Val standing outside my door. I opened up the door and they both walked in. Val took me into her arms and hugged me tightly. I didn’t hug back; I just stood there waiting for her to release me again.

Matt smiled sadly at me and said,

“Hey baby sis. We just wanted to see how you were.” I stared at him with the blankest look one could possibly have.

“Dammit Ronni! You have stop doing this to yourself! None of us could have saved him. I know how harsh this sounds right now, but baby, your half dead. I know how much it hurts inside.” I closed my eyes and he sighed in exhaustion.

“Please don’t make me lose my sister a year after I lost my best friend. You know how scared Owen is? Your son needs you, sweetie.” I locked eyes with him as soon as he mentioned my son’s name. It made me think back to the day I had to tell him I was pregnant.

I looked at the doctor in shock. She had a warm smile on her face.

“Ms. Sanders, are you ok?” I nodded softly and said,

“Thank you, Dr. Greenwood.” She nodded and said,

“No problem, just schedule another appointment with the secretary at the front desk.” I nodded and walked out of the room. I walked back out into the waiting area and made another appointment with the lady.

I walked out to my car with my heart pounding in my chest. How was I going to tell Jimmy?

***

“Ronni! I’m home.” I heard Jimmy’s voice and I let out a soft sob. I was in our room on the bed. Jimmy walked in a few seconds later and saw me lying there.

“Baby girl, what’s wrong?” His blue eyes held pain in them at seeing me like this. He came over to me and took me into his arms as I cried.

“ J-Jimmy, I’m pregnant. I’m so sorry.” He looked at me with a frown.

“Why are you sorry? You didn’t cheat on me, did you?” He asked me. My eyes widened and I shook my head frantically.

“No! I know that you probably don’t want a baby, so I’ll just go.” He looked at me in shock.

“No! I want this baby. And more importantly, I want you, Ronni. I love you so much.” I smiled softy and kissed his waiting lips.

“I love you too, Jimmy.”


I wiped away my tears and asked,

“Where is Owen?” My voice sounded horrible, as I hadn’t talked in god knows how long. Matt gave a half smile and said,

“With Brian and Michelle.” I nodded and got up from the couch. I walked upstairs and got dressed so I could go see my five-year-old son. I washed my face and when I looked back up into the mirror, I gasped as I saw Jimmy’s face.

I turned around, but he wasn’t there. I suddenly felt a breeze and heard a whisper.

“I will remember you.”

I gave a sad smile and whispered,

“And I will remember you, Jimmy, my love.”

++++

I will remember you
Will you remember me?
Don't let your life pass you by
Weep not for the memories

Remember all the good times that we had
We let them slip away from us when things got bad
Clearly I first saw you, smiling in the sun
I want to feel your warmth upon me, I want to be the one

I will remember you
Will you remember me?
Don't let your life pass you by
Weep not for the memories

I'm so tired,I can't sleep
Standin' on the edge of something much too deep
It's funny how we feel so much but we cannot say a word
We are screaming inside, we can't be heard

I will remember you
Will you remember me?
Don't let your life pass you by
Weep not for the memories

I'm so afraid to love you, but more afraid to lose
Clinging to a past that doesn't let me choose
Once there was a darkness, deep and endless night
Gave me everything you had, oh you gave me life

And I will remember you
Will you remember me?
Don't let your life pass you by
Weep not for the memories

I will remember you
Will you remember me?
Don't let your life pass you by
Weep not for the memories
Weep not for the memories
♠ ♠ ♠
:( In 8 days, it'll be a year

What are your guys' thoughts? Let me know in a comment :/

LINKS:

Ronni:Here
Ring:Here
Owen:Here

Sarah McLachlan owns the song, I Will Remember You