Status: Complete

I Solemnly Swear That I Love You

Confessions.

When morning came I got up and started getting ready for work. My head ached and my eyes were sore. I never fell back asleep. Instead, I stayed up all night crying. Paulie tried talking me into staying home, but I didn't want to. I arrived at the shop and seen we already had a customer. It was a young boy, probably about to start his first year at Hogwarts.

George finished helping the kid and then he turned to me, "Good morning Kira."

"Good morning." I didn't sound like me. My voice was hoarse and the words were choked out. It made my throat hurt to speak from the sobbing I had done.

"Are you okay?" he asked, sitting down next to me.

I nodded.

"Are you sure? Your eyes are red, and you sound like you've been crying."

"I'm fine, really, it was just a dream I had last night."

"What was it about?"

I swallowed before saying one word, "Fred."

He wrapped his arms around me in an attempt to comfort me. I felt a tear escape and slide down my cheek. As much as I had cried in bed, I didn't think I had any tears left to cry. "It's okay," he whispered. "I know you loved him."

I nodded my head. I loved them both. I loved them differently though. The love I felt for Fred was the love a sister would feel for a brother. I loved George in a more romantic, he's the guy I want to marry kind of way. I shuddered as I remembered the way the sun shined against Fred's skin in my jeans. It was like he had been glowing.

George wrapped his arms tighter around me. I thought I heard him sniffle. "Sometimes I think it should've been me," he confessed.

I pulled away and looked him in the eye. There were unshed tears about to roll down his cheeks. "What do you mean?"

"You two loved each other. You should've been together, but you can't."

"George," I said, shaking my head slightly. "I didn't love him like that."

"Really?"

I nodded, "It's you that I've always loved...Ever since we met in Diagon Alley."