Status: Complete

I Solemnly Swear That I Love You

Mental Communication

I stayed in Dublin for a week. Aunt Lissy died three days after I had arrived....I guess doctors aren't that great at predicting when an illness really was going to take someone's life. I stayed to help Simone make the funeral arrangements, and then returned home the day after the funeral. "Come see me again soon," she said, hugging me at the airport.

"As soon as I get a chance, I will."

"Good."

"I'm going to miss you," I told her as I squeezed her tight.

"I'll miss you too." Just then a woman's voice came through the speakers telling all the passengers of the flight to London that they needed to board the plane. "I guess you should get going now."

I nodded, "Yeah. Bye Simone."

"Bye Kira!" I boarded the plane, and went home. It was late when I arrived so I unpacked, showered, and then went to bed.

I got up early the next morning so I could see George before we opened the shop. I got dressed and left for Weasley's Wizard Wheezes. I walked up the stairs to George's flat and knocked on the door. "Come in!" His voice was muffled through the door. I opened it and walked inside. The place was a mess. There were empty beer bottles littering the table and counters. George was slouched on the couch wearing wrinkled clothes.

"George, what happened?"

He said something unintelligible, I couldn't make out what it was because the words were slurred together and mumbled.

"This place is a mess," I said, ignoring him as I started gathering empty bottles to throw away.

"Why do you care?"

"Because I don't like seeing you like this. If I had of known that going to see my aunt before she died would cause this, I wouldn't of went."

"You don't care about me. If you did you wouldn't of been gone for so long."

As soon as the words left his mouth I felt like someone had just stomped the air out of my lungs. I turned to face him as tears welled up in my eyes. "George, you know that's not true. I love you. You're just drunk. You don't mean what you're saying. Let's get you into bed."

I touched his arm and he jerked it away, "Don't touch me!"

"Why are you acting like this?"

"Why did you leave me alone?"

"My aunt was dying, and if you didn't want me to leave, why didn't you just say so?"

He didn't answer me.

"Don't try to act like I don't know what you're going through. My mum died when I was five, and now my aunt is dead. I know that dealing with the death of a loved one is tough, but you have to be strong. You can't drink yourself to death while you wallow in self-pity."

"Aww, poor little Kira. The half-breed's muggle mum is dead, and her daddy is locked up in St. Mungo's."

"Don't you dare say those things to me ever again," I said as the tears spilled from my eyes.

"Why? You don't want to be reminded that your dad went insane and tried to burn the house down. I'm surprised your not as crazy as him!"

I slapped him across the face, "I never want to see you again. I hate you George Weasley!" I apparated back home and collapsed to the floor, sobbing. Paulie tried to soothe me, but I ignored him as I fell asleep crying.

I was laying in the middle of the garden. The sun was shining brightly making everything glow. I took in a deep breath, inhaling the wonderful mixture of different flower scents. I could hear my mum singing, and I smiled. The world was perfect. "You know he didn't mean it," I heard next to me.

I turned my head to see Fred laying beside me. I started cry, "I want to believe it, but you didn't hear the venom in his voice."

"Kira, he was drunk. As soon as he sobers up he'll regret what he said."

"I want to believe that, but-"

"No buts! He loves you, you know that. You have to be patient with him."

"It's true though. My dad is insane, and it's a miracle I'm not just as insane."

Fred reached over and touched my face, "Your dad was lonely. He just couldn't cope with losing his wife while you were at Hogwarts. He's not crazy, and neither are you."

"Fred, I can't do this."

"Yes you can. You have to be strong Kira." The sobs started and he wrapped his arm around me, pulling me close to him. "Don't cry. Everything will be okay, I promise. You and George will make it work."

"How can you be so sure?"

"Because I know how much the two of you really love each other."

"I can't do it alone."

"That's why I'm here to help you." I closed my eyes and he kissed the top of my forehead.

When I opened my eyes again the garden, Fred, and my mum's voice were all gone. I was awake, and lying in the middle of the floor. I took a deep breath to calm my nerves and got up to get something to eat. "Don't give up on him," I heard Fred's voice.

"Fred?"

"I'm with you Kira, whenever you need me, I'm here to help." I looked all around the room hoping to see him appear, but he didn't.

"Why are you in my head?"

"Because it's the only other way I can communicate with you. And being in your dreams does no good when George is being an ass."

"What do you want me to do?"

"Just wait, like always George will realize what he's done, and he'll come to apologize."

"I hope you're right."