Status: Complete

I Solemnly Swear That I Love You

More Apologies

"George, what are you doing here?" I asked, running up the steps to him.

"I came to apologize," he said, looking up at me.

"Covered in water?"

"I was dry when I got here."

"Paulie." I sighed and shook my head. Paulie was only looking out for me, but sometimes he took things too far. "What did he do?"

"When I knocked on the door he dumped a bucket of ice water on me, then slammed the door in my face."

"Well, you did deserve it."

"I know." He looked down at the ground.

"So....about that apology?"

He stood up and walked over to me. Water was dripping from his hair and clothes. "Kira, I'm a jerk, and if you hate me forever, that's fine. I deserve it. But, I need you. I can't loose you and Fred."

"Oh George..."

"I'm not finished. Kira, I'm sorry about what I said, I'll never say those things again. I didn't mean it when I called you a half-breed, and I didn't mean what I said about your family..." he rambled on, apologizing for everything.

"Give him a chance Kira," I heard Fred's voice.

"Just one more," I replied in my mind.

"That's all he needs."

"George, of course I forgive you. You're my best friend." He smiled and leaned down to kiss me. I pulled away, not wanting my clothes to get wet.

"I love you Kira. You mean the world to me."

"I love you too George, more than anything."
♠ ♠ ♠
It's shorter than it was on paper. The next one is much longer.....I think.