Status: Complete

I Solemnly Swear That I Love You

Christmas

Months passed and my love for George grew stronger every day, as did his for me. Eventually we moved in together, and Fred helped me help George cope, secretly of course. As time passed I quit hearing Fred in my head, and not long after that he quit visiting me in my dreams. However, I'm not sure George ever really got completely over Fred's death.

I sat on the edge of the bed upstairs tucking my red jeans into my brown boots that had fur trim across the top. As I laced up the first boot Fred called, "Kira, hurry up! We're going to be late."

"I'm almost finished," I called back. I tied the boot and then started lacing the second one. "Where's my jacket?"

"Which one?"

"The brown one with the fur around the collar."

"The leather one?"

"It's the only brown, furry jacket I have."

"It's down here."

"What about the presents?"

"They're already in the car. Hurry up! Ron and Hermione are waiting for us." I finished tying the shoe and quickly brushed my hair out before dashing downstairs. Fred was standing by the door holding my jacket and dressed in one of his usual outfits.

I smiled, "Look at you, the epitome of male fashion," I chuckled.

"You don't look so bad yourself," he said, holding the jacket as I slid my arms into it.

"Well, thank you Mr. Weasley."

"After you Ms. Galloway," he said, opening the door. We stepped outside and George locked the door before we trodded through the snow to the running car were Ron and Hermione sat inside.

"It's about time," Ron muttered as he pulled out of the drive way.

We arrived at the Burrow and were quickly ushered inside by Mrs. Weasley. The rest of the family, and Harry, were already there. "Kira, you look lovely," she said, hugging me.

"Thank you," I smiled.

"How are you George?" she asked, looking up at her son.

"I'm good."

"Are you really?"

"Yes mom, and I owe it all to her," he said as he put his arm around me. We joined the others in the living room and caught up with one another while Mrs. Weasley finished preparing the Christmas dinner. After we ate we opened presents from each other. Like usual, Mrs. Weasley had knitted everyone sweaters. They might be over-sized and bulky, but they were soft and comfy, and I always enjoyed getting one.

George pulled his dark blue one on to appease his mother and looked down at it. He touched the front, where last year, and the years before there was a large 'G', this one didn't have one. He took a deep ragged breath as he stared down at it.

"I thought since Fred's not here...it just didn't make sense..." Mrs. Weasley's words trailed off as she thought about her dead son. Fleur put her arm around her shoulders and said something in a voice too low for me to hear, but obviously trying to comfort her.

"George, have you given Kira a Christmas present yet?" Mr. Weasley asked, trying to lighten the glum mood that had fallen on all of us.

"No, I almost forgot," he said, turning to me. I glanced at George, then Mr. Weasley, then back to George. He smiled, "Kira, I don't know what would have happened to me this past year if it weren't for you. I love you more than anything in the world, and I never want to be without you." Mrs. Weasley squealed in excitement and anticipation as George reached into his pocket and pulled out a small black box with a tiny red bow sitting on top of the lid. He handed it to me and smiled, "Open it."

I took the lid off and gasped. Sitting on a little black cushion was the most beautiful ring I had ever seen. It was white gold and had a large pink diamond in it shaped like a heart. The pink diamond was surrounded by smaller white diamonds. "George, it's beautiful."

"Will you marry me?"

"Of course!" I threw my arms around his neck and he kissed me. Mrs. Weasley, Fleur, Hermione, and Ginny all awed as George and I pulled away and he took the ring out of the box to slide onto my finger.

Mrs. Weasley squealed, "This is one of the happiest days of my life." George and I just sat there, staring into each others eyes, grinning.