Status: Complete

I Solemnly Swear That I Love You

Congratulations

I was in the garden again. It wasn't the same though. It had changed. Instead of being the way my mother always had it, it was now filled with the flowers George and I had planted. My mother was standing there, her eyes closed, she was counting. "Mom," I called out.

She opened her eyes, "Kira, darling, you're supposed to be hiding."

"Mom, I don't want to play hide and seek."

"Why not? It's your favorite."

"Mom. I'm not a child anymore."

She sighed and her shoulders dropped as she looked me over. "No, I guess you aren't. Where has all the time gone?"

I shrugged and blinked as the tears started to well up in my eyes.

"Kira, darling, don't cry." She walked over to me and hugged me. "Look," she pointed behind me and I turned to see what she was pointing at. "Your friend is here." Fred was standing there, leaning against the wall of the house.

"Fred!" I smiled, "Where have you been?"

"You don't need me anymore."

"Yes I do. George needs you too."

He shook his head, "No he doesn't. Neither of you do. You have each other."

"Fred," I started to plead with him, but he shook his head again.

He walked over to me and put his hands on my shoulders. "No. The two of you will be perfectly fine."

"Then why are you here?"

"To tell you congratulations. You're getting married tomorrow after all."

"And you?" I asked, turning my head slightly to look at my mom.

"Same reason. Congratulations darling, you'll make a beautiful bride."

Fred nodded in agreement and a tear slipped down my face. "Don't cry," he said. They both hugged me tightly.


I woke up to the sun shining through the window. It was morning already. In just a few short hours I would be getting married to the man I loved more than anything in the world. And my dad would be here to walk me down the aisle and give me away. I took a deep breath and smiled.