Status: Complete

I Solemnly Swear That I Love You

Reopening

I got to Diagon Alley the next morning for the reopening of George's shop and seen the "Closed" sign flipped to "Open" and there was a banner hung over the door that read "Grand Reopening" I walked inside and seen that it was busier than ever. I'm pretty sure there was more customers than there had been the day Fred and George had opened the shop. I walked in and seen George standing behind the cash register tending to customers. He smiled at me when he seen me and I smiled back. I walked over to him and asked, "Is there anything you need me to do?"

He nodded his head, "We're almost out of Dragonbombs. Could you go down to the cellar and get some more?"

"Of course." I walked downstairs and grabbed a box marked "Dragonbombs" and brought them upstairs. I walked over to the shelf that I had stocked with them the day before and began unloading them onto the shelf before getting rid of the box.

George and I were kept so busy all day that we barely had time to even glance at each other. People were continuously coming up to us needing help finding something, or just wanting to tell us how happy they were that the store had finally been reopened. "My son just loves this place," one witch told George, "Before the battle against you-know-who," she whispered the words 'you-know-who' out of habit, "my son would beg me to come in here every time we came to Diagon Alley; even if it was just to look around."

George smiled politely and thanked her for her kind words, and we continued our very busy day. When it was all finally over with I sat down at the desk and pulled out the ledger to update it with our sales and see how much of a profit we made.

"You don't have to do that," George told me as he leaned on the counter top.

"I'd rather go ahead and get it done now before we get behind. Tomorrow will probably be a busy day just like today."

"Are you sure?" he asked, arching his eyebrows.

I nodded.

"Well, is there anything I can get you? Some thing to drink or eat?"

I smiled, "No."

"Alright, I'm going to head to bed then. If you need anything, don't be afraid to come up and get it."

"Okay."

He walked over to the door to the shop and flipped the sign over before locking the door. Then he walked back over to me and hugged me. "Thank you. I couldn't do this if it wasn't for you."

I hugged him back, "You're welcome, George."

He then walked upstairs and I heard the door gently close behind him. I then started my work taking inventory and counting our profit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up the next morning a couple of hours before I needed to be up and couldn't fall back to sleep so I got up and made some breakfast. After I ate I decided to go downstairs and see what all Kira had gotten done last night before she went home. When I opened the door to my flat I instantly became alert by the lights being on down stairs.

I went back and grabbed my wand before slowly descending the steps. When I got to the bottom I could hear light breathing. Quietly, I tiptoed around the corner and seen Kira asleep at the desk. Her head was down with her dark red curls fanned out around her and covering her face. She was asleep.

I walked over to her and whispered her name, "Kira, wake up."

She didn't budge. I knew being slumped over in the chair like she was had to be uncomfortable so I scooped her up and carried her upstairs. I gently laid her down in my bed and then went back downstairs.
♠ ♠ ♠
I think it might be a little short, but I'll try to update it again in the next couple of days.