Status: Complete

I Solemnly Swear That I Love You

Devil Book

The day George would be back I got up a little bit earlier than usual and got ready so I could be at the shop a little earlier than usual. I had missed George while he was gone. I had gotten so used to spending every day with him. I got there and knocked on the door to his flat. He answered wearing just his pajama pants, "Hey Kira, you're here early."

"I know. Is that a prob-"

"George, want to go get breakfast before Kira gets here?" came Angelina's voice. I looked past George to see her step out of his bedroom. She wasn't wearing pants, and she had on one of George's shirts.

"I'm not feeling well," I lied. "I'll see you tomorrow." Before he could say or do anything I apparated home. I ran upstairs to my bedroom and collapsed on my bed, crying.

I felt a cold touch on my shoulder and looked up to see Paulie hovering over the bed next to me, one hand on my shoulder, and the other holding a box of tissues. I took one. "What did the weasel do to you?" he asked, anger in his voice.

"George isn't a weasel," I told him. "He just....he's stupid!"

Paulie sighed, "You can do better than him Kira. You can find someone who won't ignore your existence and will love you beyond death and treat you like a princess."

I gave Paulie a weak smile and said, "If you were human, you'd be the perfect boyfriend."

He chuckled and said, "That's only because I've known you since....well, since your mum got sick."

"If it wasn't for you, I don't know what I would've done."

"Don't worry Kira. Everything will work out right."

"I'm going to take a nap Paulie."

I laid down and he pulled the blanket over me. "Sleep tight," he said softly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kira apparated home, angry because of Angelina. It was obvious. I turned around to face her. "So...about breakfast?"

"Get dressed and get out!" I told her, walking to my room.

"But George..."

I cut her off by slamming my bedroom door shut. I laid down on the bed and started thinking. I had to explain things to Kira. I didn't understand why this kept happening. I kept making her so angry. I listened as Angelina left the flat and then I changed my clothes and went to Kira's house.

I knocked on the door and it opened. "Kira?" I stepped inside, the lights were out throughout the house. "Kira?" the door shut, startling me and causing me to jump slightly. I turned to look at the door, and then felt a book hit me across the back. "Ow!" I yelled out. The book hit me again and again. "What the hell? Damn devil book!"

I tried to grab the book, but I wasn't fast enough. As the assault continued, I could hear soft footsteps coming down the stairs. "George!" It was Kira's voice, she sounded shocked to see me. I wasn't sure if it was because I was there, or if it was because a book was attacking me. "Paulie, stop it right now!" she demanded, authority oozing from her voice.

The book stopped hitting me and the ghostly vision of a guy our age appeared. "You have a ghost!"

"I am no ghost you stupid boy!" it shouted at me.

"Paulie, go upstairs."

"But I don't want to."

"Paulie, go now! Let me talk to George."

He sighed and stuck his tongue out at me before disappearing. "You have a poltergeist?" I asked.

She nodded. "He's been my best friend for years."

"How come I never knew?"

"You never asked. What do you want?"

"I wanted to apologize for this morning."

"There's nothing to apologize about."

"Kira, I know what you thought when you seen Angelina standing there, but it was the opposite. Nothing happened between us, I swear. It was late when we got back, and she was tired, and I told her she could stay the night. I gave her a shirt to sleep in so she'd be more comfortable."

"How am I supposed to believe you?" she asked, crossing her arms in front of her chest.

"It's the truth, cross my heart." I made a crossing gesture over my chest and she knew that I'd never ever lie to her and do that.

She took a deep breath and said, "I'm sorry for not waiting for an explanation."

"It's okay." I walked over to her and wrapped my arms around her, hugging her tightly.