I Will Win, Watch Me

Three: The Meeting

I wasn’t really expecting this guy to be here. I was expecting someone else, perhaps someone I don’t know, or that I’ve only met once. Instead, I’m meeting with the guy they pair me up with, a partner. I walked over to the table and he looked up at me and smiled.

I sat down and picked up the small menu and stared at it.

It was Everett.

Everett is my partner when it comes to certain jobs that require it. He is very attractive. His hair is blonde, but it look’s white. So I just define his hair by saying its white, teased in the back with hair spray holding it up, and the front almost completely covers his right eye. His eyes are silver, and gray. Although most of the time I’ll call it silverish gray. He has really beautiful eyes. I haven’t met a lot of people with silverish gray eyes. He has lip piercings on each side of his lip, although he does take them out sometimes, but he keeps his eyebrow piercing that’s on the left side of his eye brow on at all times.

He’s a charmer; he looks like a gorgeous and sweet guy. Do you want to know the truth though? It’s his job to make females fall in love with him, that way they trust him, and he can gather information. It makes him very useful; it’s all an act though, at work. If it isn’t his job, or if it’s outside of his job, he’s actually an asshole. Well, it really depends on the person he’s talking too.

Looks can be decieving, and is do so very well.

I’m not exactly the best cupcake out of the dozen, but I think I’m at least a little better than he is.

When I first met Everett, it was snowing. He thought I was his next job, so he used his charm and was trying to make me want to kiss him. I never told him that I was his partner, till a week of him trying to get me to fall for him. I knew it was an act, I knew it was his job. He was way to perfect, to actually be real. I just played along with it the entire time, and I think in the process, I got him rather interested in me. Until I dropped the bomb on him that is, telling him I was actually his partner, not his job. He didn’t believe me till I handed him the disc. He wasn’t very happy about it, at all. He held his cool though; he acted like nothing was wrong. When we finished our job, taking out the arrival company, he let me know just how much he disliked me. I know he wouldn’t have done that if he knew that we were going to be partners for a long time.

Now we either throw insults at each other, or shove the other into the wall and…

“I guess there is a need for the both of us in this job.” said Everett.

“It appears so, what is the location to where we are going?” I asked.

He slid over a paper, I stared down at it.

“His house is huge.” I said.

“Big time, check out his garage.” said Everett sliding another paper to me.

“Wow.” I said.

“He also has a basement, and it’s not a regular basement.” said Everett.

“What do you mean?” I asked.

“It’s more like an underground base.” said Everett.

“Maybe this guy isn’t as stupid as I thought.” I said.

“Well, still stupid, but maybe a little smart.” I said.

“Yeah, and he has acquired a lot of help.” said Everett.

“He knows we’re coming.” I said

.
“Exactly.” said Everett.

“And our job is to do what exactly?” I asked.

“To kill him, and to send a copy of everything he has on his computer, send it to the company, and then delete everything he has, and to destroy It.” said Everett.

I frowned, “And this is seriously requires two people?” I said.

“The boss wants to make sure we check everywhere thoroughly.” said Everett.

“If that serious is all there is to this job, then it won’t take that long.” I said.

“The preparation will, but then after that, it’ll be easy.” said Everett.

“Unless this guy knows some kun fu moves.” I said.

He laughed, “Yeah if he does, I’ll handle him.” said Everett.

“You don’t think I can take him?” I said.

“Nope.” said Everett.

“Sweetie, I could kick your ass and his at the same time.” I said.

“Oh shut up Lottica, I’d take your ass down in seconds if we were enemies.” said Everett.

“You’re a sad man if you seriously think you can defeat me in a fight.” I said.

He smirked, “We’ll just have to see who wins someday.” He said.

“I guess so.” I said smirking right back.

“When do you want to begin preparations?” asked Everett.

“I would like to start them right away.” I said.

“I’ll prepare the gear.” said Everett.

“I’ll map out our route.” I said.

“I’ll call his daughter.” said Everett.

I looked at him, “Why his daughter?” I said.

“I took the liberty of going ahead and asking her out on a date.” said Everett.

“What will you asking his stupid daughter out on a date going to help us with?” I asked.

“You don’t have to get jealous.” He said smirking.

I glared at him, “I’m not fucking jealous, I just don’t see the reason as to why you need to go on a date with his daughter.” I said.

“Oh, you didn’t know?” he asked.

“Know what Everett?” I asked.

“We’ve been ordered to capture her.” said Everett.

“Why capture the daughter?” I asked.

“She has certain skills that can be of use for the company.” said Everett.

“And the company intends to use the murder of her father to get the girl to work for them willingly?” I asked.

“You are a true prodigy.” said Everett.

“Shut up.” I said smiling and I got up and walked out.

He walked up right next to me.

“We’ll meet in front of the hotel.” said Everett.

“Got it.” I said.

He pulled my chin towards him and kissed me.

“Dick.” I said.

“You loved it, don’t deny It.” said Everett and he walked the other way.

I rolled my eyes.

It looks like he’s leaving parts of this job a secret. Well it seemed like it. Perhaps he was assigned to do more on this job then I was.

“Great.” I said.

I closed my eyes, and took a deep breath.

I need to get back to the hotel.

I’m worried about Lacey, I hate when I have to leave her all alone like this. I’m not a very good Mom for doing that. I can’t help it though, I don’t trust anyone, and I can’t leave her in anyone’s hands when I’m not with her. I work for a company that loves to play dirty, they could do the same the ones working under them.

It sucks too, today’s my birthday.

I’m officially seventeen.

I don’t care enough to celebrate my birthday, all that really matter is…

Is my precious daughter Lacey.

When the light flashed white, I ran across the street. I ran all the way to the hotel, I have to do preparations for the job, but Lacey comes first…
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for reading.
Chapter 3 will be out soon.
To short?
Comment