Status: completed.

The Past Isn't Really In The Past

Alex.

Alex.

I was surprised Jack gave me his razor. As bad as this may sound, I was half way expecting him to chose his razor over me; if that had been what happened, I don't know what I would have done. Either gone completely mad or force him to give it to me. And I have my ways of getting things.

And this isn't going to be easy. It's going to be hell and I can only hope that I can make it through this. Getting Jack used to not needing it is going to be like getting a druggie off drugs. I have to make sure I keep his razor on me at all times and if he wants it, he'll have to go find a way to get it off me. That might not be a bad thing.

I was perpared for this... withdrawl if you want to call it that. I was ready to do everything in my power to get him done with it. I was going to step up to the plate and take charge. I'm his best friend and I honestly love him and I am not letting him go back down to that level. He's going to see that you don't need drugs or self-harm to deal with pain. I won't say drinking because we all do that.

I rapped my knuckles on the bathroom door lightly and I heard a squeak and something fall.

"Jacky, you ready?" I asked and waited for an answer. I didn't get one, all I got was a grunt and some shuffling around. Hell, this might be harder than I planned. I made sure to get anything sharp out of the bathroom and put it where he can't find it.

"Jack, come on man. We got to go. The others are waiting for us." I already had my shower and therefor, I was ready to get going.

"Yeah, hang on a minute. Trying to straighten my fucking hair," I heard him mumble through the door. I rolled my eyes; he's as bad as me when it comes to my hair.

"Babe, I'm sure it looks just fine. Now come on," I had my hand on the handle in case I needed to come in. He never thinks to lock a door. Silly, silly boy.

I heard a grumbled "fine" and more shuffling and moving around. What is he doing...

The door swung open and I looked up slightly at him. He wasn't much taller than me but I still had to look up sometimes. We were really close but I don't think he realized this. I did, however, and took a step back.

"Finally ready?" I asked with a light chuckle and he shrugged. There was something off about him. He wouldn't meet my eyes and that threw me off. I ignored the nagging voice in my head and shrugged whatever it was going on with my friend off and took his hand and pulled him along with me. I grabbed the hotel key card off the table so Jack wouldn't have too.

"Do you know where we're going?" He asked once we were in the elevator. He seemed tense in here and I didn't have to wonder why, seeing as what happened earlier on in this one. I squeezed his hand in a silent message that it'll be okay.

"I have no idea. Wherever the guys wanna go. I don't really care." I punched the lobby button and I felt Jack's arm twitch. The left one. The one I have my grip on. I glanced over to him and he was staring at the floor, his right hand stuffed down in his pocket.

I leaned over and placed a lingering peck to the side of his head and whispered, "It'll be okay," in his ear. One more squeez to his hand and one more peck to his head before I pulled him out of the elevator as quickly as I could.

We met the guys in the lobby, they complained we took forever, me and Jack shrugged, the guys laughed. It's a cylce we kinda have. Never letting go of Jack's hand, I pulled him along. He seemed better now that we were with the guys. He wasn't twitching and he smiled a little more.

God, let this night go good.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait guys! D:
I honestly have no excuse for being so late. Except babysitting.
I was gunan put this up yesterday but we had a natural distater happen and were left with no power all night and half this morning. It was bad. I'm so terribly sorry.

So we have over 100 reader, 26 or so subcribers and only 11 comments. Come on guys. I know ya'll can do better than that! Don't be a silent reader. Please? At least tell us what you liked or whatever. Something small will do. But oh well. Oh, and please excuse the errors in this. I was in a rush and I didn't get to go over it. I'll fix them soon!