Without a Doubt You're All I Dream About

Duh, I Said Bestie

”KYLEE!” I shouted once I walked into the Rockstar building where all the offices are.

”Kirsten,” Ky said sternly but in a playful way while pulling me into her office. “Do you want everyone in greater L.A. to hear you?”

“Well everyone in here knows I’m crazy so that doesn’t matter but…. I guess you don’t want your present,” I sang the last part.

“Should I be afraid?” She giggled while trying to look at what I was holding behind my back.

“No,” I shook my head while holding a can of Rockstar out to her.

“Kirstie, no offense but I have a whole case over there. We work for Rockstar, we get them free,” Kylee said.

“But I brought you one because I love you,” I cheesily grinned.

“Well I love you too, but I need to go back to work,” She smiled.

“Alright, fine, just kick me out. Whatever, I don’t care,” I playfully mumbled while walking out of the office, I could hear Kylee laughing as I left.

I strolled through the office since my private office was at the very end of the hall. As I did so, everyone was working away and didn’t even look up.

“Well fine, no one says; hi Kirstie! Good morning, how are you. Oh I’m pretty good except a dog tried to attack me but it was comical but nope, no one cares,” I rambled on with a laugh in my voice.

“Hi Kirstie,” Katie, the secretary mumbled out with a laugh.

I shot everyone a smile before going into my office and plopping down in my turquoise office chair and spinning around a few times.

I guess I should tell you a little about myself, huh? Well my name’s Kirsten but everyone just calls me Kirstie or Kirst. I’m 22 years old and my best friend in the whole world is Kylee. We both work as graphic designers for Rockstar. It seems like I’ve known her forever and we’re so close, maybe it’s because I don’t have any siblings.

Ever since I was a baby I’ve lived with my Uncle Toby who’s a musician but is a motocross nut. I don’t know what happened to my parents. My uncle has never told me and I’ve never really asked. I’ve wanted to because I’m an insanely curious person but I have just always felt….odd almost, about them. But I love my uncle, he’s so cool and we’re close so it’s all good.

I met Kylee right before the beginning of ninth grade. I used to live in Riverside, up until the ninth grade when we moved to Anaheim and right next to a family with a daughter the same age and the rest is history.

”Oh Kirstie!” and obnoxious voice yelled. No one could have a voice as annoying as that, his voice is unmistakable…. Todd Potter.

“Todder!” I smiled while he came into my office and we shared a hug.

Todd and I have an…interesting relationship. We’re really good friends but sometimes we’re too much alike for our own good in the talkative aspect. We tease each other like crazy but I love that unattractive looking bear-like man.

“Did you just come to bug me?” I asked once I sat back down and started to design a poster.

“Always!” He said. “Naw, not exactly. I had to pick up some stuff and so I stopped over here to tell you that we got a new guy on the mulisha.”

“Oh really?”

“Yeah, you need to come meet him after work. He’s cool but he is the new kid,” Todd chuckled.

“Well I was actually going to have dinner with my bestie,” I told him.

“Kylee?” He asked.

“Duh, I said bestie,” I giggled.

“I still haven’t ever met this chick, is she hot?” Todd questioned.

“She’s very pretty, but I don’t want you hassling her, got it Potter?” I shot at him, adding a finger point.

“Fine, spoil all my fun,” He groaned. “We’re having a barbeque tonight though, you should just bring Kylee.”

“No, she won’t have fun,” I whined.

“How could she not have fun? I’ll be there!” Todd grinned.

“My point exactly!” I laughed. “She won’t know anyone though.”

“She knows you,” He said in a ‘duh’ tone. I worry about this boys intelligence quite often.

“But no one else,” I countered.

“Well I’ll go introduce myself now, then she’ll know two people,” He smirked while getting up and walking out of the office.

I rolled my dark brown eyes before following him. As I caught up to him I shot Todd a look. He just gave me a cheeky smile before ruffling up my chocolate brown hair. I gave him a light shove but I didn’t hardly move his big frame that seemed to tower over my 5’5 stature.

As he strolled into Kylee’s office with so much confidence I saw her look up and give him a strange look. Todd then looked over at me.

“Don’t be rude Kirst, introduce us,” Todd demanded.

I stuck my tongue out at him before saying, “Todd this is Kylee, Kylee this is Todd Potter. Don’t be scared away by his scruffy and unattractive face though.”

“Well you aren’t anything to take a second glance at either, shorty,” He rolled his eyes.

“It’s nice to meet you,” Kylee smiled while putting her hand out Todd.

“Wanna come to a barbeque?” Todd asked. I literally slapped my hand to my forehead, if he isn’t scary enough I’m sure that weirded Kylee out. Although, her and Todd were somewhat alike in the confident/slightly cocky aspect.

“Well you’re forward aren’t you?” she smirked.

“Yep,” He smirked right back.

“There’s a new guy on the Mulisha and they want me to meet him but I told Todd I was having dinner with you tonight so then he invited you to come,” I explained.

“Alright, I’ll come if Kirstie’s going to be there,” she replied.

I’m actually really excited for tonight. I love hanging with the Mulisha, but with all of them together tonight and a new guy joining….something is definitely going to get broken!
♠ ♠ ♠
WOO HOO NEW STORY! you guys should comment! haha

Kirstie