Without a Doubt You're All I Dream About

What Happened?

So today was the morning of the first day of X Games. Nothing really happens in the mornings so I was just chilling at the Metal Mulisha hauler with all the guys and Kylee.

“Is Austin coming today?” Josh asked.

“Yeah,” I playfully cringed but deep down it wasn’t so playfully, I was dreading this.

“You’re going to break up with him right?” Todd asked.

“Yes…. He actually just texted me and said he’s here. I better go get this over with,” I heavily sighed while standing up and walking around.

I took a deep breath when I saw Austin walking through the empty parking lot toward me. He flashed me a smile and I sent a weak one back. I’ve never broken up with someone before and I’m really nervous. I hope this goes smoothly.

“Hey baby,” He said as we neared each other.

“Hi…um… can I talk to you for a sec?” I nervously stuttered.

“Sure,” He replied curiously.

“Austin…. I don’t think it’s working out between us too well,” I softly said.

”You’re breaking up with me?” His voice boomed.

“um, well… yes I am,” I whispered.

”NO, YOU’RE MY GIRLFRIEND. YOU’RE NOT BREAKING UP WITH ME!” Austin growled harshly.

The next thing he did was something I didn’t think he would ever do. He hit me. His hand slapped me right in the face. The force was so strong I fell to the ground.

Austin grabbed my wrist and yanked me up to my feet again. His big hands grasped my shoulders and shook me back and forth while I sobbed violently. I tried to get away from him but Austin was just too strong.

“Please let me go,” I cried as he stopped shaking me momentarily. “Please let me go, Austin.”

“No, you’re my girlfriend,” He barked while he slapped me across the face again.

”DON’T LAY ANOTHER HAND ON HER!” Another voice shouted.

“Oh if it isn’t her friend here to save the day. Is that why you broke up with me, for him, is that it?” Austin growled while shoving me to the ground.

As I fell down with a thud, Josh took a diving leap and tackled Austin to the ground. I was nervous for Josh. Austin is 6’2 and about 200 pounds and Josh’s frame tops off at 5’9 and he weighs 150 pounds. But that didn’t matter, because in only moments Josh punched Austin and knocked him out.

“Kirstie,” He sighed while dropping to his knees next to me.

Tears were streaming down my face and I was still shaking from adrenaline, fear and my sobbing. I’m sure by now I had a big red mark on my cheek from where he slapped me twice and I might have a bruise, I’m not sure. I was so scared, I never thought I’d have an abusive boyfriend…or ex-boyfriend actually.

Josh picked me up bridal style and carried me away from the unconscious Austin. I hugged onto him and buried my face in his chest as I cried. I didn’t want to leave his arms, I felt comfortable and safe there.

I heard a few voices and the drew neared. I could also feel Josh sit down but he still held me tightly. I looked and saw we were at the Metal Mulisha set up that was next to the hauler and a bunch of the guys and their wives or girlfriends, including Kylee were the voices I heard.

“What happened?” Brian Deegan asked.

“She went to break up with Austin and he beat her up,” Josh told them.

“I’ll kill him,” Todd growled angrily. “Where is he?”

“I already knocked him out,” Josh went on.

“Kirstie, are you okay?” Kylee asked in a worried tone as she came over and took one of my hands in her.

“Yeah, I’m alright,” I choked out through my unceasing tears.

“What did he do to you?” She questioned.

“He hit me twice and shook me. I don’t know what he would have done if Josh didn’t come.”

“Well don’t worry about him anymore, we won’t let him get within 500 feet of you,” Brian scoffed and all the Mulisha guys said a yeah in agreement.

“Thanks,” I tried to smile at them, still from the comfort of Josh’s arms.

“Don’t worry, I’ll protect you Kirstie. He won’t ever hurt you again,” Josh softly said to me and those simple words that had so much meaning, immediately calmed me.

I seriously don’t know what would have happened if he didn’t show up. Josh has always been my comfort, a person I could go to with anything. He’d always look out for me and he’d always protect me. I couldn’t ask for a better friend.
♠ ♠ ♠
wow Ky, shocking!

Kirstie, Josh, and Austin