Without a Doubt You're All I Dream About

You Are My Hero

I still get a little scared at the thought of what happened today. I never though Austin would beat me up like that. The four of us went back to Josh’s hotel room that night and I sat in a chair that was next to Josh’s chair. Todd and Kylee were sitting across from us while he fumed.

“If anyone is beating him down, it’s me,” Todd grumbled.

“Aw, Toddie wants to protect Kirstie,” Kylee cooed at her Toddie Bear as she crawled onto his lap and pinched his scruffy cheek.

“That’s just not right. He’s real manly when he beats on a woman,” Todd went on to grumble and mumble.

“You’re so cute,” she smiled before kissing him.

I looked over at Josh and put my hands on my neck as I made gagging noises and stuck my tongue out.

“Kirstie, just go be with your little hero and leave me and my man alone,” Ky said, overdramatically.

“Hero?” Josh asked as a smile crept across his face.

“You saved her life!” She shouted through a laugh. “You’re not good looking like a hero though,” Kylee added.

“Hey!” Josh battled.

“You’re just saying that because Todd’s here! I mean… Josh is better looking than Todd. Anyone with eyes can see that!” I piped in.

We all talked a little more before Todd and Kylee left. Josh and I sat in a comfortable silence for a few minutes until I spoke up.

“You know Kylee’s right,” I said.

“She’s right about what?” Josh questioned to me.

“That you’re my hero,” I told him through an almost shy smile.

“Kirstie, I’m not a hero,” He chuckled.

“Yes you are!” I replied. “I really don’t know what would have happened to me if you didn’t come. I never would have been able to get away from him on my own. You’re my hero Josh.”

“Well I couldn’t let him hurt you anymore,” He sweetly said. “I can’t believe he beat you up like that. What kind of a guy hits a girl? That’s really low,” He grumbled angrily.

“Austin was kind of low. I’m glad you guys convinced me to break up with him,” I sighed.

“Yeah, you don’t need that in your life. You’re such a sweet person and you need someone who’ll care about you and he obviously didn’t,” Josh said to me.

“Thanks Josh….for everything,” I smiled over at him.

“Of course Kirstie, I’d do anything for you,” He grinned back at me. “How are you feeling? Does it still hurt?”

“Um, my cheek and wrist hurt a little but not too bad. I hate to say it but…. I’m still a little scared. I don’t know why but I’m just afraid that he’s going to come back or something,” I confided in him as I bit my lower lip.

“Hey, come sit by me,” He softly said while getting up and sitting on the bed while patting the spot next to him. I sat down and he put an arm around me while I laid my head on his shoulder. “Don’t worry about Austin, I’m going to keep you safe. If he ever shows up again call me right away and I’ll take care of it, alright?”

“Alright,” I agreed. “Thanks.”

“Do you wanna stay in my hotel room tonight? There’s two beds in here and one is open if you want,” Josh kindly said.

“I think I will. I don’t want to be by myself tonight,” I said while burying my face in his chest and hugging onto him.

“I totally understand,” He sweetly replied while rubbing my back.

Later that night I was lying in one of the two beds while I could hear Josh breathing from the bed next to me.

“Josh, are you still awake?” I whispered.

“Yep,” He replied through the darkness. “Are you alright?” Josh asked while turning to his side and turning on the light that was on the nightstand in between our beds.

“Yeah, I just can’t fall asleep. Remember when we were kids and one day when we were playing soccer and the lady next door came out and yelled at us that we were being too loud.”

“I remember that, she was not happy,” He chuckled. “Or the time that you fell out of the tree because you wanted to see if you could fly!”

“That was sad because I broke my arm and found out I couldn’t fly!” I giggled while Josh let out a loud laugh. “Or the time we tapped your skateboard to the bottom of a cardboard box, piled in and tried to go down the gravel driveway.”

For the next two hours Josh and I reminisced and shared a lot of laughs. I forgot about some of this stuff. Josh and I sure did have a lot of good times together. As kids we really were inseparable, you couldn’t find one of us without the other. We did everything together, and I mean everything! Just the thought of him makes me smile, he so cute too. I think I might….have a little crush on him, I remember I did have a little crush on him as a kid but….no, I don’t like him. I can’t like him, he’s one of my best friends! I bet it’s just because of what happened today, it’ll ware off….right?
♠ ♠ ♠
oh you and your Tanny *rolls eyes* i'm sure glad i'm not obsessed with someone like you are with Tanner hahaha

sorry no set because it happens the same day so she'd be wearing the same clothes and yeah...

comments please please please please!!!!!!!!