Without a Doubt You're All I Dream About

Does Todd Know?

Work. Work. Work. Work. Work! That’s seems to be all I do anymore. I haven’t seen Todd much since after X Games. It kind of makes me sad. But I got a certain text from someone today… Tanner. He just asked if I had lunch plans. I never have lunch plans. Kirstie and I usually go out and get something together. But a few minutes before my lunch break, there was a soft knock on my door. I muttered for them to come in, thinking it was Kirstie. Once the door shut, I finally pealed my eyes away from my computer… and saw Tanner.

“Um… hi,” I said, obviously surprised of him being here.

“I brought lunch for you,” he grinned while holding up a bag.

“Aw, Tanner,” I cooed as I got up to give him a quick hug.

“Still like Chinese right?” he asked once we parted.

“It’s my favorite,” I countered with a smile as I got another chair and pulled it up to my desk.

He just sent me a smile as he started unloading the yumminess that he brought me. As he was doing so, Kirstie walked through the door. Like always, she wasn’t looking at me as she walked in… and started talking.

“So, I was thinking we’d go to this new place for lunch. I just heard about it, and it’s within walking distance. So…” she said, but then stopped once she brought her eyes up. “Tanner’s here,” he said, looking at me, trying to force a smile through.

“He brought lunch for me,” I told her.

“Oh well, I’ll just be… finding lunch for myself then,” she countered, getting ready to turn and walk away.

“Kirstie, I brought enough for you. I know how you and Ky eat lunch together everyday. I didn’t want to throw off your guys’ routine,” Tanner chimed in.

“Aw, that’s sweet,” I couldn’t hold in.

Kirstie sent him a small smile before she pulled up her own chair. This started off to be a silent lunch. I didn’t want this! I don’t know if it’s just awkwardness from Kirstie being here or… would Tanner and I be this quiet if she wasn’t here? URG! I don’t do quiet!

“So… how’s the double gold medal life treating you?” I asked Tanner, breaking this silence after a few painful minutes.

“Pretty good, I guess. It actually got me into a truck race,” he said, smiling at the mention of racing.

“Like… what Brian Deegan and Twitch do?” Kirsite asked.

“Yeah. Rockstar’s giving me a weekend in their celebrity truck. I’m kind of excited. You two should come,” Tanner suggested, bringing his bright eyes up to me.

“I don’t know…” I trailed off, wondering if Todd would be there too… that may not be too good of an idea.

“It’s sounds like fun! Ky, I could invite Josh!” Kirstie nearly squealed.

“Josh?” I questioned with a raised eyebrow. “Ever since he’s been your little hero, you two have been like inseparable,” I had to tease.

“Oooo,” Tanner piped in, making her stick her tongue out.

“We’re just friends,” she shrugged.

“You guys are kind of cute together though,” I had to poke.

“Shut up!” she shot at me playfully.

I didn’t tease her anymore. I was actually afraid she may run off her mouth with something about Todd. More awkwardness! But once the minutes ran down from our lunch break, Tanner left. I watched him leave, letting out a sigh once he was gone.

“Why was he here?” she snapped.

“He just showed up! What was I supposed to do? Tell him to leave?” I shot back.

“Tell him you have a boyfriend!” she shot right back.

“I did! We said we’d do the friends thing,” I sighed while running my hand through my hair.

“Does Todd know?” she questioned.

“He knows…” I tried to come up with something that he knew, but… I couldn’t.

“Kylee… he’s old!” she shouted. “You can’t be with him,” she went on.

From her tone, I wanted to laugh so hard. But I held it in. There was a little bit of seriousness to her.

“I’m not trying to get with him… I don’t want to lose him as a friend just because I have a boyfriend,” I sighed once again.

“Just remember how much Todd likes you. Don’t hurt him. He may be really cocky, but he still has a heart,” she went on, softening her tone.

“I know,” I told her as she started walking out of the room.

Once she shut the door, I sighed and slid back into my chair. The rest of my workday was hard. I couldn’t focus on anything. My thoughts were tore between Todd… and now Tanner. What did I just agree to by saying I still wanted to be friends with Tanner?
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey! Tanner's sexy :-P

Ky

comment?