Without a Doubt You're All I Dream About

She's Kind Of Right

Just to clear the air, I did tell Todd about being invited to the truck race. I didn’t tell him Tanner invited me, but I still told him! He seemed excited though. He told me about wanting to get into truck racing. The thought made me smile. What is it with guys and their motors?

On the way there, I was so excited though. Todd kept talking about all the truck stuff that I had absolutely no idea about. It was cute though. It let me know that he actually does have a brain under all of that thick hair.

But then we started walking to the Rockstar/Mulisha tent/pit thing. I never put two and two together and thought Tanner would be with them! I suddenly wanted to go home!

Once I actually saw Tanner, I tightened my grip on Todd’s hand. I’m starting to think this wasn’t the smartest thing to do. He looked down at me with a quizzical look. But I just smiled and reached up to kiss his lips quickly.

Thankfully, Josh and Kirstie we already there flirting giggling with each other. As Todd walked into the pit to talk to his fellow Mulisha buddies, I went and stood next to Kirstie, far away from Tanner.

“What is this that I see in your eyes? Are you… nervous?” Kirstie had to tease.

“I’m not nervous,” I muttered, watching the spiky haired guy walk about the pit.

“You’re just eyeing the old guy for no reason,” she giggled.

“He’s not old!” I snapped, but I still laughed.

“What is he? Forty?” Kirstie taunted.

“Thirty-seven!” I corrected her.

“Wait… whoa… you two…” Josh trailed off.

“We just dated. It wasn’t anything serious,” I groaned.

“Well, if this isn’t awkward. Your boyfriend’s here and then your ex boyfriend is talking to him,” Josh had to keep going.

But then I had to snap my gaze around… and see Tanner talking to Todd. Oh dear lord, save me! What could those possibly be talking about? I have no idea! I actually wanted to go over and listen. Tanner’s been to college for a few years. Todd… hasn’t.

“Wait, does Todd know?” Josh had to ask again. I’m starting to not like this guy anymore. I liked him better when he didn’t talk.

“He knows that I have an ex boyfriend,” I told them through an innocent smile. “But I was thinking about telling him. I can’t handle this,” I groaned.

“If you guys didn’t have anything too serious, then why is it so hard?” Josh kept going.

“Josh… shut up” I shot at me, making Kirsite laugh.

He just made a face at me. I think he wanted to say something, but Todd walked over. Thankfully, Tanner went back to his truck that was way over on the other side.

“Hey, baby,” I smiled as he hooked an arm around me.

“I want in one of these,” he pouted cutely.

“You know, maybe if you got into racing trucks, you would actually have some smarts. You wouldn’t have hit your head so much,” Kirstie teased.

“No one asked you, Kirstie,” Todd shot at her.

“You talk loud enough. I’m sure you want everyone to hear what you have to say,” she shot back.

“Todd, she’s kind of right,” I giggled.

“Look what you did now! You turned my own girlfriend against me,” Todd teased.

“Hey, you turned her against yourself. Don’t blame this on me,” Kirstie countered.

“No one turned me against Todders,” I butted in, looking up into Todd’s gorgeous eyes.

He just smiled at me before he bent down and left the sweetest kiss on my lips. When we parted, all I could do was smile at him. But then my eyes traveled around and met… Tanner’s.

Thankfully, the race got started. I followed Todd and we sat and watched along with Josh and Kirstie. I didn’t want to admit it, but… I was kind of curious how Tanner did. The man can drive anything… and these trucks weren’t any different. He had me cheering for him. But he got black flagged on a lap for nearly spinning another racer out. He’s in drifting mode still.

Brian and Twitch ended up winning their classes though. Of course it was exciting! But as all of us were in the Mulisha pit celebrating, I kept an eye for Tanner. I just sensed he was watching me… as creepy as that sounds. But every time I looked around, he wasn’t there. This was good.

About an hour later, Todd was driving me home. I thought about bringing up the whole Tanner thing to him. But I didn’t want to start anything by it. I love what Todd and I have right now. I wouldn’t want to mess it up from just saying that I dated a guy. So for now, I’m going to keep it quiet… and hope nothing comes from it
♠ ♠ ♠
:D

Ky

comment pleeease :D