Without a Doubt You're All I Dream About

From What I've Heard...

Bad days… they happen. Mine are usually very few and far between. But today… I had a bad day! All I wanted to do was go home, maybe soak in a hot bubble bath, and curl up on the couch… possibly with my boyfriend since I saw his truck at my house when I pulled into the driveway. As I walked in, I let out a much-needed sigh and stepped inside.

Even though my day was just flat out crappy, I still smiled when I saw Todd sitting on the couch. Usually, when I send him a smile, he flashes that gorgeous grin right back. Not today. Any other regular day, I would ask him what was wrong, but not today. I’m not in the mood, Toddie Bear. Instead of staying downstairs with his pouty butt, I walked right past him to the stairs.

While Todd was downstairs pouting, I did what I wanted to do: I soaked in my bubble bath. I was actually so relaxed. I didn’t want to get out at all. But once my water started to turn cold, I knew I had to or risk the chance of turning into an ice cube.

Once I was dried and clothed, I walked out of the bathroom with a towel ruffling through my wet hair. After I pulled it off, I saw Todd sitting on my bed with that same pouty look on his face. If he’s here to pout, then he can just leave. I’m not in the mood for it today.

“What?” I asked while crossing my arms as I looked at him.

“Nothing,” he muttered with a little shake to his head.

“Ok, fine,” I told him before flinging my towel back into the bathroom and walked downstairs… of course he followed.

I didn’t acknowledge him. I just went right on and plopped myself down on the couch. He stayed on his feet, as if he were drilling holes into me with those dark brown eyes.

“Todd, if you have a problem with me or anything else, you need to just tell me or leave. I’m not in mood for you cocky attitude today,” I shot at him.

“I talked to Josh today,” he started, sitting in the chair adjacent to the couch.

“He is your friend,” I mumbled out while crossing my arms.

“He let me know what kind of person you are,” he said with no change in his facial features at all.

“I’m glad. Because Josh and I go so far back that I’m sure he has a good of idea of what type of person I am,” I shot back at him.

“Well, maybe I should ask Tanner instead,” he shot back with just as much as I had in my voice.

“I don’t even want to know what he told you. But I’m sure you’ll enlighten me,” I countered.

“So, you and Tanner have been tight since X Games,” he asked with a sarcastic chuckle.

“Um… no. I went and gave Tanner his posters to hand out, like I told you had I too,” I replied.

“But what about that Sunday? When I was gone? What happened then?” he kept going.

“I don’t know, Todd. What’d did Josh Grant tell you since he knows every aspect of my life,” I sighed while putting my chin on my opened palm to look over at him.

“He said that when him and Kirstie left, you went to ‘congratulate’ him,” he told me, doing air quotes with his fingers.

“Yeah… he won two gold medals. I think he deserved a good job,” I threw back.

“A good job? What did that consist of?” he asked with his eyebrow raised.

“If you’re trying to get at that I cheated on you, then you can just come out and ask me. But to save you the time, I didn’t. Tanner and I never had anything while you and I were together. We hung out a few times, yes, but I never had any intentions of doing anything with him. I have feelings for you and only you,” I snapped… slightly.

“From what I’ve heard, I’m having a hard time believing that,” he said, looking me dead straight in the eyes.

That hurt! Not only from the tone and manner that he said it in, but from the way he worded it. From what I’ve heard… What he meant to say was from something that I’ve heard from the ignorant greaser known as Josh Grant… Gosh, it ticks me off.

“Well, from what I’ve heard, this chick doesn’t need an untrusting person in her life. If you want to accuse me of messing around on you behind your back, then you can leave,” I plainly told him.

He stared at me for a few seconds, before he got up and… walked right out the door. I didn’t want to be overly emotionally about this, but tears still welled up in my eyes. As his truck pealed out of the driveway, I picked up my phone and through blurry eyes, was able to get two words out in a text message.

‘need you’

I got a response quickly after, saying that they were on their way. As time passed, tears started to slowly fall from my eyes. I didn’t want to cry. I didn’t do anything wrong! Ok… maybe I should have been a little more open about telling him when I was hanging out with Tanner, but… he would have been ticked! But I’m more upset than sad. He didn’t trust me! And Josh Grant is to blame.

Before I could let it get to me anymore, the person I sent a text to came through the door quickly. I looked up into their eyes and immediately felt a huge wave of calm come over me. Those eyes always have that affect on me.

“You ok?” Tanner asked full of concern as he sat next to me, hooking an arm around my shoulder.

“He thought you and I were…” I trailed off as more angry tears filled my eyes.

“Aw, Ky,” he said softly while holding me tighter.

I didn’t sob uncontrollably on his shoulder. I did let a few tears fall, but it wasn’t a whole waterworks. Looking into his eyes helped a lot. He has those cool, blue, calming eyes.

“I feel like I had a part in this and I’m sorry,” he went on to say while brushing the hair out of my face.

“It’s not your fault, Tanner,” I told him.

“Well, I’ll be here for you as much as you need me to be,” he countered, actually bringing a smile to my face.

“Thanks, Tan,” I smiled up at him.

He just returned my grin while cradling me more. This is how I stayed for the rest of the night. Tanner would try and crack his little nerdy joke that were so… bad but in a good way, but they actually made me laugh and forget about Todd. I was with someone who trusted me now, and even though we weren’t together, I still had an awesome night with him. He turned my crappy day into a night full of giggles.
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't hate me... Don't hate me... Don't hate me!!!! lol
Just remember... good things come to those who wait :D haha

Kylee

comment?