Without a Doubt You're All I Dream About

How Was Your Day?

I haven’t heard from Todd in a few days. Well, I actually have. I just choose not to answer his calls. Who does that? Listen to their friends before they even get my side. I’ve just been going about my days without him… and I’m totally fine with it.

Today, Kirstie said her and Josh were having lunch together. She asked if I wanted to get with her. I just gave her that look as to say ‘are you kidding me?’ But ever since the whole Todd thing, Kirstie and I haven’t been hanging out as much. I’m not really ok with this one, but… I rather not bring my whole day down by seeing Josh’s stupid face. Jerk doesn’t know my life!

As I was leaving to get my own lunch though, I nearly ran into someone. I couldn’t really see who it was, but there were flowers. It brought a smile across my face. If it’s Todd, that’s fading fast though.

“Delivery for Miss Vaughn,” the guy said… trying to disguise his voice.

“Is it from a Mr. Tanner Foust?” I asked through a smile.

“Ok, you got me,” he grinned back, lowering the bouquet so I could see his face.

“Why the sudden floral arrangement?” I asked as he sat the pretty yellow roses on my desk.

“To congratulate you,” he simply replied.

I just looked at him confused. What is he talking about? But then he stuck his foot out. When I looked down, I nearly let out a squeal. He was wearing the shoe I designed! Ah!!! I started after him and jumped into his arms. He let out a few chuckles as he held me in a tight hug.

“I figured I would treat the most amazing designer at Rockstar to lunch. I got the ok from boss man that you can be back late,” he grinned once he gently placed me back down on the ground.

“Really?” I asked, looking at him sideways.

“Uh huh… lets go,” he smiled while grabbing my wrist and leading me out the door.

I smiled as he took me to his car and he drove away from the building. Lately, Tanner’s been… I hate to say filling in, but… I guess he has been… filling in as my friend. It’s weird to say. And I probably should be wanting to hang with Kirstie more, but… she’s always around Josh.

“Have you and the ex resolved anything?” he asked towards the end of our meal.

“Nope,” I simply replied.

“Do you… want to?” he asked, unsure if he really should.

“Not really,” I sighed. “It’s just that whole trust thing is broken now. I’m not that type of person to cause that much hurt to someone. Maybe I was wrong not to tell him that we hung out, but… I never told him every time I hung out with Kirstie. Why should I tell him every time I hung out with you?” I rattled off.

“I think some guys are just kind of put off by a woman that has their own career planned out and is as busy as you are. They think you’re doing other things behind their back, but you’re just working,” he explained.

“Men are stupid,” I mumbled.

“I said some men… I wasn’t really including me in that category,” he said with this adorable little smile.

“Trying to tell me something, Tanner?” I asked through a smirk.

“I find it rather sexy that you’re a driven woman that is flat out gorgeous,” he smiled. “Among other great qualities that you have,” he went on quickly.

“Tanner,” I sighed playfully through a grin.

“Too soon?” he asked through a chuckle.

“Well, it depends if you were complimenting me as a friend or trying to impress me for other reason,” I teased.

“You’re going to make me come flat out and say it, aren’t you?” he countered through his a smile as he sat up straight.

“I have no idea what you’re talking about,” I couldn’t help but smile.

“I would like to give us a try. But I don’t want you to feel pressured or that I’m trying to take advantage of your emotional state,” he said sweetly.

“Ever since X Games, I always wondered what could have came of our relationship if we kept with what we were doing,” I told him softly.

He sent me another smile before he got to his feet and walked over to me. He looked at me with the cutest smile on his face. He took my hand… and then got on one knee. Oh, Tanner.

“Kylee, will you be my girlfriend?” he asked with the brightest hopeful look in his eyes.

I couldn’t keep my giggles to myself. He’s so cute.

“I’d love to be your girlfriend, Tanner,” I smiled down at him.

“She said yes!” he grinned as he got to his feet and did a little fist pump. Oh this, man.

Before I could comment on his adorableness, he lifted me up bridal style and carried me out to his car. Words cannot describe how cute I think this man is right now. Once we got to his car, he gently placed me down and brought his hands up to my hips. Neither of us said anything. We knew that we were gong to share a beautiful kiss… and we did.

When we parted, we both had huge smiles on our faces. I suddenly didn’t want to go back to work. But I was already late but Tanner said he got my boss to extend my lunch break. But I should really get back.

The rest of the day, I was on cloud nine. Nothing could bring me down right now. Even when I passed Josh going back to my office. I even smiled at him before I shut the door to my cubical.

I had a fantastic day. I got more done than I actually thought I would since I came back late. I was planning on working over just to make up the time, but I didn’t need to now.

Just as I was locking up my office for the night, Kirstie walked down the hall. I sent her smile as we started walking to our vehicles together.

“How was your day?” she asked.

“Fantastic,” I sighed happily.

“Really?” she asked, raising her eyebrow at me. See, we haven’t hung out in that long. She thinks I’m still moping over Todd!

“Uh huh… how was your day?” I asked, not really sure if I should tell her about Tanner just yet.

“Good,” she said before we parted to get to our cars.

With our distance increasing, we said our goodbyes and then were off on our separate ways. But even when I got home to an empty house, I was still so happy. Just that one little kiss from Tanner, made my whole day. I could only imagine what he could do every day once our relationship starts to develop more.
♠ ♠ ♠
I really really really really really wish you guys could read these chapters Kirstie and I have been working on... I love them! lol and I'll put money on it that you guys will too :) haha

Ky

comment?