Without a Doubt You're All I Dream About

I Need... Ice

I was able to weasel my way out of work early on Friday so that I could spend time with my brother before his contest. I was so excited for him! I never mentioned anything to him about me coming early though. I wanted to surprise him. Tanner couldn’t come right away either. He had some… car thing to do. I can never keep his drifting, rally, TV show things straight anymore. He’s a busy, busy dude.

But I was Big Bear bound! When I got to my parents’ house, no one was around. Perfect! Just what I wanted. I had a box of decorations in my car, along with a big banner that I made for him. He’ll think it’s cheesy, but I’m a cheesy person, so it works out.

When I got into his room, it was a filthy mess! How does he live in this thing? I was so tempted to clean it, but that may put me back on the time thing. So, I just kicked a few things around so that I had a path to his back wall. I hung the banner up that had one of my favorite quotes on it. Keegan’s always said that he loved it too. It reminds me of him.

‘Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.’

I smiled as I took a step back and looked at it. I went around the office and had everyone sign it, along with Josh and Tanner, wishing him good luck. I couldn’t wait for him to see it!

Before he could though, I had a little decorating to do. I hurried through all of this, wanting to finish before anyone got home… and I did! I had just plopped down on the couch and attempted to act normal just as the door opened… It was Keegan!

“Hey, Keegs,” I smiled at him.

“What are you doing here?” he asked with his face wrinkled up.

“I have to cheer on my little bro at his contest,” I said excitedly as I got up to pull him in for a tight hug.

“It’s not until tomorrow,” he groaned, trying to wiggle his way out of his arms.

“I figured I’d help you get motivated,” I told him.

“I need to chill out… and listen to Lil’ Wayne,” he shot at me as he started up the stairs…

Well, someone’s grouchy. But I made a mental note of his Lil’ Wayne reference. Looks like him and Joshie boy have something in common. They both think they’re little gangsters. The thought made me smile as I went and sat back down on the couch, waiting for my little brother’s reaction.

“Kylee!” he shouted, making my smile grow.

“Yes, little bro?” I asked as I started up the stairs.

“I love youuu,” he said in a dorky way as he came out of his room and hugged me.

“Aw, you really do care,” I pretended to cry as we shared an embrace.

“Shut up,” he shot back.

“But I’m being honest, Keegs. No matter what happens tomorrow, I still think you’re an awesome snowboarder and will eventually get to be where you want to be some day. I haven’t met someone who’s determined like you and is so focused on what he wants. You’re going to do amazing tomorrow,” I smiled at him.

“Well, gee, get all mushy with me. Save it for Tanner,” he teased while rolling his bright blue eyes that we unfortunately share among other traits.

“He’s not here yet!” I groaned.

“Ha ha, you’re boyfriends not here,” he poked.

“Shut up, Keegan,” I threw at him while chasing him into his room. Well, if this didn’t bring back memories.

I tackled him onto his bed and then tickled his sides, making him squirm around in giggles. I kept this up for a few seconds before I let him go. Him peeing on me was something I really didn’t want to experience.

“Should I be calling Tanner your fiancée?” he asked randomly once I pushed myself off of his bed.

“No… why?” I asked, looking at him oddly.

“You have a huge frickin’ ring on your finger!” he said through a chuckle.

“Long story. We went to Vegas and…”

You got married? In Vegas?” he questioned quickly.

“No… we were pulling a prank on Josh and Kirstie to make them think we did. He got me a real ring though and put it on my left ring finger… I just kept it there,” I shrugged.

“Aw, my big sissy’s in love,” he teased.

“Shut up. You love my best friend,” I threw back.

“So…” he trailed off, making us both laugh.

“Have you came around to Josh yet?” I asked.

“Nope,” he said bluntly.

“Why not?” I kept going.

“He just rubs me the wrong way. I don’t like him,” he put it out there.

“He’s a nice guy,” I told him, trying to help Josh out.

“He can eat snow for all I care,” he mumbled.

“Wow, Keegs, real mature,” I giggled.

“Well, then dirt. Whatever he’s been pro at since he was sixteen,” he said in an annoyed tone.

“What do you think about Tanner then?” I asked since I’ve never really asked and he’s never really put it out there.

He seriously does remind me of Josh. He either likes someone or he just doesn’t want anything to do with them and he’ll slowly… slowly come around them. It takes forever.

“You know what I think of Tanner,” he said through a grin.

“You just like him because he teaches you how to drift,” I teased.

“What else do I need in a future brother-in-law?” he chuckled.

“I wonder about you sometimes, Keegs,” I said while shaking my head before I got up.

“Could you… do me a favor though?” he asked softly before I stepped outside his room.

“Yeah, sure” I told him once I turned around.

“I need… ice,” he said quietly while dropping his eyes to the floor.

“What’d you do now?” I shot at him. He’s always getting hurt. Another thing that links him and Josh!

“I landed on my ankle wrong,” he sighed.

“Are you ok for… tomorrow?” I asked.

“I hope so… Just don’t tell anyone. I don’t want them to know,” he groaned.

I agreed and went on to get him his ice. Poor thing. I hope it gets better by tomorrow. I couldn’t imagine snowboarding with a bummed ankle. This is his big break too. I’ve been lucky enough to get the job I want in life… I’ve always wanted that for my brother too. I hope it doesn’t fall through just because he landed wrong on his ankle while practicing.
♠ ♠ ♠
That doesn't make it much better! lol

Ky & Keegan

comment?