Without a Doubt You're All I Dream About

Why Does Everyone Think That?

January already. And Tanner’s already busy. I haven’t mustered up the nerve to talk to him about anything. But he’s been decent. He’s been gone a lot, doing things for his up and coming racing season and constantly promoting his TV shows. I’ve honestly forgotten how many he’s on now. That’s how busy he’s getting.

But Kirstie asked me if I wanted to go with her to Josh’s first race of the season. Of course I have to go support a Rockstar athlete. I was kind of excited for this though. Granted, it’s not that far away, but it was nice to get out of town for a little bit.

“Party like a rock, party like a rockstar. Party like a rock, party like a rockstar,” Josh sang while stomping around with his huge Skullcandy headphones on, preparing himself for the race.

“Josh that song went off of the mainstream back in ’07,” I told him.

Shockingly, he heard me. He looked down at his mp3 player and hit a button a few times. Once something came over it that he liked, he started at it again.

“ Last name ever, first name greatest. Like a sprained ankle boy I ain’t nothing to play with,” he sang, making a smile come across my face.

“I love Drake!” I nearly squealed.

“Oh, dear lord, save me. My best friend and husband to be have corrupt music taste,” Kirstie groaned once I started singing along with Josh.

Josh and I just ignored her and finished off the song. People that passed looked at us oddly, but I didn’t care! I love Drake… almost as much as Kirstie loves the Beatles!

“I’ve never been so embarrassed by you two before… ever. I actually want Tanner here. He would probably agree with me. You two’s music taste sucks! S-U-C-K!” Kirstie shouted, but Josh and I just laughed.

“Come on, Kirstie. You know it’s catchy,” I grinned in a cheesy way.

“Nu uh,” she shot back while shaking her head.

“Whatever. Kylee and I know the truth… which is really weird to say. Why are we getting along so well?” he asked while shooting me a look.

“Because you’re all hyped up on Rockstar and I’m… just a nice person,” I threw back at him.

“Party like a rock, party like a rockstar. Party like a rock, party like a rockstar,” he started again, making me roll my eyes.

“Now that’s a horrible song,” I said while turning to Kirstie.

“AGREED!” Kirstie… agreed.

After this, Josh had to get serious and focus. While him and Kirstie were having their little couple moment, I started walking to our seats. On the way, I ran into someone… and I instantly felt scared. Todd started matching my steps.

“I feel really uncomfortable right now. I’d appreciate it if you left,” I said, keeping my eyes low.

“But I want that to go away,” he said softly.

“You can never make that go away,” I shot at him.

“But I… don’t remember anything from that night. But I just feel flat out horrible,” he countered.

“And you should,” I couldn’t hold in… even though I was scared out of my mind right now… and wanting Tanner more than ever.

“Kylee, I’m sorry. I know I can’t take anything back even though I wished I could. But I just want you to know that I’ve quit drinking. I know how much that bothered you when we were together,” he went on.

“Good,” I simply said.

“But I just wanted to come say sorry… and congratulations,” he went on.

“For what?” I asked, finally looking up at that scruffy face that still makes me uneasy.

“Your… engagement,” he replied, looking back at me with a strange look. “Tanner asked you to marry him… didn’t he?” he went on to question.

“No…”

“But your… ring,” he stated, pointing at my left hand.

“It’s not an engagement ring. Why does everyone think that?” I groaned.

“It is on your left hand… and is huge,” he chuckled.

“It’s not!” I shot at him while pulling it off of my finger and shoving it in my pocket.

“Ok, ok. I’m sorry. I just assumed,” he said while putting his hands in the hair.

“No, it’s ok… other people have,” I sighed.

“Well, I’m sorry for that now,” he grinned. “But I’ll see you around,” he went on, adding a wave before he walked off.

I waved back and continued to walk to my seat. Kirstie came a few minutes later. I told her about Todd’s little apology, leaving out the little ring assumption. I wasn’t going to try and bring her down with anything. This was her hubby to be’s race. She was all excited for him. Once the bikes sprinted across the track, mine spiked too. Come on, Joshie!
♠ ♠ ♠
Hmmm... Todders apologizing.... I wonder if it leads to anything.... lol

Ky

comment?