Without a Doubt You're All I Dream About

I Think You'd Like Him

I was so pumped for Josh. That’s amazing to battle his way back through the pack of riders to end up third. But sticking around and seeing Kirstie and Josh all happy about his finish made me… miss Tanner. He’s always on the podium at his races and I’m… always hugging onto him and telling him good job. I miss him.

Before anything got too crazy, I went over and hugged Josh, telling him how awesome he did in the process. I went on to tell Kirstie that I was going to head out. She eyed me oddly, but I still left.

While I was driving on the empty road, I pulled my phone and out carefully dialed Tanner’s number. I was banking on that he wasn’t going to answer. He’s usually testing into the late hours of the night. But to my pleasant surprise, he did. From his little hello, I could only imagine his bright white smile shining through. It made me miss him that much more.

“Hey, baby,” I smiled.

“”How’d the race go?” he asked.

“Josh got third… it made me miss you. You win,” I grinned, making him chuckle. “How was your day of burning rubber?” I countered.

“Horrible. I hit the wall,” he sighed.

“Aw, poor thing,” I cooed.

“And you’re not even here to kiss it better,” he pouted.

“Are you home?” I asked, getting ready to reroute my way home.

“No, I’m at my hotel, wishing you were here,” he groaned.

“Aw, honey,” I cooed, a little upset that he was quite a distance away from me.

We went on to talk a little more. By the time I got home, we had said our goodbyes. Once I walked into my empty house, I walked straight up to my room and collapsed onto my bed. I want my Tanny! But when I pulled my head up, the Teddy bear Josh got me for Christmas was staring back at me. I smiled before I pulled it close to me, wishing it was actually Tanner.

The next morning was Sunday. I just kind of just chilled out. I didn’t do too much. Tanner called and we talked some. It was cut short though. He had to do some drifting for Top Gear… or was it Battle of the Supercars? Maybe it was a movie? Who knows? But he had things to do, so we couldn’t talk long.

I was actually happy Monday morning when I walked into work. I wasn’t stuck in my house all by myself. Before I went into my office, I went and stopped in to see Kirstie. She was still on a little emotional high from Josh’s race. It was cute. But she had other news too.

“Did you see the new guy that they just hired?” she asked in a whisper.

“Why are we whispering?” I shot back in a loud whisper.

“I don’t know,” she giggled, making me roll my eyes. “But have you?” she shot back in her normal voice.

“No. I just got her,” I told her.

“I think you’d like him,” she smiled.

“What do you mean?” I questioned. Just because Tanner and I aren’t communicating properly right now, doesn’t mean I’m looking for someone else!

“He…” she started, deep in thought. “He’s like a… buff, tall, dark haired, good looking… younger version of Tanner,” she smiled, making me roll my eyes once again.

“Kirstie, Kirstie, Kirstie,” I sighed playfully.

“You’re curious now. Look at you. I bet you’re going to go looking for him. I think he’s office is on the other side of yours. You can communicate through the walls,” she teased.

“Shut up. I bet he’s hideous. I mean… look at your taste in men,” I teased once I got to my feet.

“And you think Tanner is the most gorgeous thing ever. He’s not much to look at. Sorry,” she shot back, making us both share a chuckle.

I stepped out of her office and started down to mine. Just as I was a few feet away, a tall, muscular guy stepped out of the office a door down from mine. He seemed to fit Kirstie’s description… and he was indeed good looking. Oh my. If I were single…

“Hey,” he grinned brightly before we passed.

“Hi,” I smiled back, catching a glimpse of his gorgeous blue eyes. Man, oh man, I’m melting.

But once I was in my office, I had to shake the image of him out of my head. I had work to do. As the day went on though, there was a soft knock on my door. I figured it was Kirstie, but hopeful it was Tanner. Once I yelled for them to come in, it was… the new guy.

“Um… hi,” I said, shocked from his appearance.

“I hate to bother you, but… I’m having issues with this computer. Do you think you could help me?” he asked through a shy little smile.

“Of course,” I grinned as I got up and walked down the hall with him. “I’m Kylee by the way,” I told him while sticking my hand out.

“I’m Zac,” he said while shaking my hand gently.

“Nice to meet you, Zac,” I replied as we stepped into his office. “So, what’s giving you troubles?” I asked, taking a seat in his chair.

“It doesn’t recognize my password,” he sighed in a frustrated tone.

“Hm,” I smiled, knowing exactly what was his problem.

I typed in his information and it logged him in. I turned around and looked up at him with a smile.

“How’d you know what my password was?” he asked with his own smile.

“Everyone’s password is the same when they start. It’s up to them if they want to change it,” I told him as I got up. “And it’s cap sensitive. I’m guessing that was your problem,” I added.

“Well, I feel dumb now,” he chuckled at himself.

“It’s ok. My friend, Kirstie, had that same problem. It took us longer to figure it out though,” I giggled at the memory.

“Well, thanks,” he smiled once again.

“You’re welcome. If you need anything else, you know where my office is,” I told him.

He said a thanks one more time before I left his office. Once I shut his door behind me, I felt my cheeks burn red. He’s gorgeous! All thoughts of my current relationship went sailing out the window. That Zak guy is cute! What are the odds of Kirstie being right? I don’t know which one I’m more amazed at.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've been watching Ghost Adventures too much... I'm kind of... in love with Zak haha

Ky

comment?