Without a Doubt You're All I Dream About

Funny Funny Rodger

”GUESS WHO CAME IN THIRD ON SATURDAY?” I shouted the second I got into the office on Monday morning.

“Hmm, let me guess. Your fiancée?” Katie the secretary smirked as I walked in.

“Oh yeah,” I beamed. “He did amazing!

“You’d think he did amazing if he came in last,” She shook her head.

“Probably,” I giggled along with her.

“Kirstie, why are you out here yelling this early in the morning?” John our boss chuckled as he walked toward us with a guy I didn’t recognize standing next to him.

“Because my gorgeous man came in third in his race,” I beamed.

“But why do you have to shout everything!” He countered through a laugh.

“Because I’m me,” I battled back while crossing my arms.

“Well I want you to meet Zak, he’s the newest addition to our team and Zak, this is Kirsten,” He introduced us.

“Nice to meet you Kirsten,” Zak smiled while putting out his hand.

“Hey, you can call Kirstie, everybody does,” I returned his smile. “I hope you’re weird, because everyone else here is.”

“Nope, that’s just you infecting the whole office with your weirdness,” John teased.

“For being a boss you sure do pick on your employees a lot,” I giggled while starting to walk to my office. “Nice to meet you again Zak, I’ll see ya’ later.”

“Yeah, same here,” He called back.

I went into my office and plopped down, sipping on my coffee. I really didn’t need the caffeine, I was still buzzing over Josh’s podium. I even texted him about how proud of him I was. He just thought it was cute.

A few minutes later Kylee came walking into my office looking a little tired. She kept laughing at how happy I was still over Josh’s win.

“You look tired, do you need a drink?” I asked while holding my Starbucks out to her.

“Yes,” she groaned while taking a big drink. “Tanner crashed into the wall,” she pouted.

“Well I have news for you,” I smiled.

“What’s that?” she asked.

“Did you see the new guy that they just hired?” I whispered while leaning over my desk to get closer to her.

“Why are we whispering?” She questioned me in a louder whisper than I was previously using.

“I don’t know,” I giggled out as she rolled her bright blue eyes at me. “But have you?”

“No. I just got here,” Kylee replied.

“I think you’d like him,” I grinned.

“What do you mean?” She shot back at me.

“He…” I sighed out of heavy thought. “He’s like a… buff, tall, dark haired, good looking… younger version of Tanner.”

“Kirstie, Kirstie, Kirstie,” She shook her head.

“You’re curious now. Look at you. I bet you’re going to go looking for him. I think he’s office is on the other side of yours. You can communicate through the walls,” I joked.

“Shut up. I bet he’s hideous. I mean… look at your taste in men,” She teased me. JOSH IS GORGEOUS!

“And you think Tanner is the most gorgeous thing ever. He’s not much to look at. Sorry,” I threw back at her while she left.

I know she’s going to go see him, I just know it! That day we ate lunch down in the staff room so Kylee could stare at Zak. When we walked in there were a few people walking around, heating up food and stuff but Zak was sitting there, quietly eating his lunch.

“Want to go sit with him?” I teased Kylee while poking her side.

“I don’t want to bug him or anything, and I don’t really want to ask him,” she shyly replied.

“I’ll ask him,” I stated while walking over to the table he was at. As I stood in front of his table, his eyes slowly traveled up to me and his lips turned into a small smile.

“Hi Kirstie,” he greeted me.

“Hey. Is it okay if my friend Kylee and I come eat with you?” I asked him.

“Sure, I’d love some company,” Zak replied while I pulled Kylee over.

The two of us sat down across from him and Kylee was being really quiet, it was so weird! Kylee’s not that quiet! I think she sort of likes Zak. Like not the way she likes Tanner but, the ’oh my gosh, that guy is really good looking and I hope I don’t say something stupid’ kind of like.

“Your name sounds so familiar,” Zak stated after we had talked a while.

“Really?” I asked. “Usually people always get my name wrong or haven’t ever heard it before.”

“Yeah, I can’t think of where I know that name from but I know I’ve heard it before,” he said.

We talked a little more before lunch ended. Kylee brought her laptop into my office so we could chat while we worked. I love having my office at the end of the hall because no one can hear us and tell us to stop being so noisy. That’s kind of why I got moved to the end of the hall…. I’m just talkative!

“Zak is so nice,” She smiled.

“Yeah.”

“That yeah didn’t sound too convincing. Do you not like him?” She shot at me.

“I don’t know. I just have this…feeling about him. I don’t even know what it is, I just do,” I sighed.

“Are you sure you didn’t just eat something that didn’t agree with you? I mean, you do eat a lot of sugar,” She teased.

“Funny funny Rodger,” I giggled.

“You say the weirdest things,” She giggled along with me.

“And you and I are the kings or wording thing weirdly/awkwardly,” I laughed even harder.

“This is true,” Kylee agreed. “I hope Zak doesn’t hear any of it though.”

“You have a little crush on him,” I teased while poking her.

“Shut up I do not! I love my Tanny, I just think Zak’s….really good looking,” She smiled.

Oh that girl, she cracks me up. I still don’t see how Zak is all that attractive but… whatever. I hope this feeling I have about him is just what Kylee said, something that didn’t agree with me.
♠ ♠ ♠
i'm doing a take home test we have to do for biology I HATE BIOLOGY UGH! but i'm watching The Three Amigos movie my little buttercup, has the sweetest smile! HAHAHA i love that part when Steve Martin and Martin Short sing that song and Chevy Chase is playing the piano SO FUNNY!

Josh and Kirstie

comments please???