Without a Doubt You're All I Dream About

Anything Beyond A Friendship

“So, is there a significant other in Miss Vaughn’s life right now?” Zak asked over lunch about a week after I meet him.

Kirstie had gone with Josh for lunch. She invited but, but then… Zak would be alone for lunch. I couldn’t have that.

“Not at the moment,” I sighed, wishing I didn’t have to say that.

Things with Tanner… got hard. His focus is now on full race mode… He hasn’t even had his first race of the season yet! That’s all he talks about when we talk on the phone. Granted, I love hearing his voice. He could talk about anything at all and I’d find it sexy, but… attention needs to be brought to our relationship. If he can’t realize that, then… we shouldn’t be together.

“Did I go a little too far? I’m sorry,” he replied.

“No, it’s ok. I’ve only really talked to Kirstie about it. It’s not something I just put out there, you know?” I told him.

“Well, lets talk about something else,” he suggested. “You wouldn’t happen to know a Keegan Vaughn would you?” he asked, sparking my attention.

“That’s my brother… why? Don’t tell me you know him. Whatever he told you about me, it’s all…”

“No, no…” he cut me off through a chuckle. “I have to make his profile on the website and I knew that was your last name and was just curious,” he went on.

“Oh,” I giggled out.

“So, your brother snowboards,” he started up again.

“Yeah. He just turned pro,” I smiled, still incredibly proud of my little bro.

“And he got signed by Rockstar,” he added.

“He never told me. What a butthead,” I mumbled, making Zak laugh.

“He’s really good at what he does though,” he added.

“He is… do you have any siblings?” I went on to pounder.

“Yeah. I have a younger brother too. He has a few issue with his anger though,” he shrugged.

“Aw,” I tried to put him at ease.

“He’s working on it though. He’s in all those classes and therapy sessions to make himself better. I’m proud of him. We’re super close, so I’ve been his main support system,” he grinned slightly.

“Aw, I’m really close with my brother too,” I smiled.

“Well, would you look at that? We have another thing in common,” he smiled his full smile this time.

“Are you hinting at something, Zak?” I smiled over at him sideways.

“Maybe…” he trailed off cutely.

I just kept on looking at him with the same look. With each passing second, his smile grew. It was so adorable.

“Kylee, would you like to have dinner with me some night so I could get to know this amazing person that is you outside of work?” he asked through a smile.

“I’d love too,” I smiled

“Tonight?” he asked with a hopeful grin.

“Sure,” I beamed, feeling a pink fill my cheeks.

After that moment, my day zoomed by me. I was sort of kind of really excited for tonight. Not as excited as I was for Tanner and I’s first date, but still… I was excited nonetheless.

Once I arrived at the restaurant that Zak and I agreed on, I walked inside to find him waiting for me. He looked cute. I couldn’t fight off a smile once our eyes met. When we were seated, our conversation took off.

I like Zak… I really do. But… I can’t see anything beyond a friendship. But I could be wrong. I just think all of this could be a little better if I wasn’t still a little down about Tanner. I was good though! I didn’t bring up anything about him in our conversation or hint that I was still a little upset over it. Zak’s smile put that off a little bit.

After dinner, Zak walked me to my car. He’s so sweet. We shared a hug and a quick kiss on the cheek before I lowered myself inside. As I drove off, we waved at each other.

Once I got home, I changed into my pajamas and fell into bed. Overall, I had a great night. Like I said before, I like Zak. He’s a nice guy. But right now, I’m just ready to relax and watch some TV. What are the odds I flip on the TV and see one of Tanner’s shows? Well, the odds were in my favor tonight. Stupid Top Gear. But the sad thing was… I watched it… and smiled at how cute that man is, specially when he drives.

His voice actually put me to sleep. I haven’t heard it for a whole week now. Not that I’m counting down the days or anything. I’m hoping as time goes on, this gets easier. Because right now, I’m wishing Tanner was here with me instead of getting his cars ready for the up coming season.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm watching Ghost Adventures :D I'm on my last episode of the season :( i'm sad... But then I can start all over lol :D

Ky

comment?