Without a Doubt You're All I Dream About

I Was Hoping We Could...

“It’s your day off… and you’re dressed up,” Kirstie stated once I walked out of my bathroom.

We had been hanging out most of the day. But I needed to get my butt on the road. I had about an hour drive ahead of me… that Kirstie doesn’t know too much about.

“Are you hanging out with Zak today?” she went on to ask with a stupid grin on her face.

“Nope,” I smiled.

“You’re going to see someone. You don’t dress like that if you’re just running to the store,” she shot back, following me as I went into my closet to get a pair of shoes.

“Kirstie, I wear this all the time,” I shot at her, unable to hide my grin still.

“Your hair and make up’s done too! Where are you going and whom are you going with?” she said with a teasing authority in her voice.

“Someone,” I smirked while walking past her.

“KYLEE!” she groaned in a frustrated way.

“I’m going to Irwindale,” I finally told her as she started following me down the stairs.

Speedway?” she shot back quickly.

“Maybe…” I trailed off with a smile.

You’re going to see Tanner?!” she questioned with her huge brown eyes so wide… I thought they might pop.

“I didn’t say that,” I couldn’t help but giggle.

“You’re giggling! You always giggle around Tanner. Therefore, you’re getting your giggles ready to giggle around him!” she started in again.

“Ok, fine… Tanner called and asked if I would come to his race in Irwindale. Since we haven’t seen each other for awhile, I figured I just go and say hi,” I told her.

“What about Zakie?” she grinned teasingly.

“We’re friends. He’s a nice guy and I’m leaving it at that,” I told her.

“Uh huh… I’m having a hard time believing that. You look at him longingly,” she teased, making me roll my eyes.

“Zak’s hot, but… Tanner has my heart,” I sighed, dropping my eyes to the floor.

“Aw, you like your nerdy man,” she taunted while poking my cheeks that started burning red.

“My nerdy man’s too busy for me though,” I sighed once again.

“If he really loves you and cares about you, he’ll make time for you,” she said truthfully.

I nodded my head, agreeing with her statement. A few minutes later, I was on my way to Irwidale… for a drifting event… that my ex- boyfriend is in. Suddenly, this didn’t sound like such a great idea. I know it seems a little ridiculous that Tanner and I broke up over his busy schedule, but… the communication thing got to me. Maybe he’ll be wanting to talk today though. I was hoping that was his motive behind getting me out here. My fingers were crossed.

Once I got there, I worked my way through the busy pit in search of that bright yellow star. After I spotted it, I saw Tanner conversing with his fans. There were a few kids talking to him too. I thought that was cute. I went over to him with a smile on my face. He didn’t notice my presence until the little family walked away. But once those bright eyes fell on mine, his gorgeous smile pushed its way through.

“Hey,” he grinned as we shared a tight hug.

“Hi,” I said, smiling just as much once we parted.

“I’m glad you came,” he went on while shoving his hands into his pockets.

“I’m glad you actually called me,” I teased, making his smile come back over him.

“Well, I was hoping we could…” he started, slowly bringing his eyes back up to mine.

But someone on his team was yelling for him to get changed and head out for practice. I sighed as he hurried into his trailer, emerging a few short minutes later only to climb into his car… and leave for practice.

I went to chill out in his pit, but the guy that yelled at Tanner told me I could follow him and watch Tanner practice. But what I didn’t know was that he had a radio with him. And from Tanner’s tone coming through it, he wasn’t too satisfied with his car.

As you could predict, he wasn’t in the best mood, meaning he completely ignored me. I understand that he wasn’t having the best day, but really, Tanner? It’s a car. You’re leading the points already. You qualified for the finals… Deal with it! That’s what I was thinking though. I never said this to him. Instead, I texted… Zak. He seemed to be a way better mood than Tanner.

This went on for the rest of the day and into the night. Tanner finished second. He was ok with it, but he still wasn’t in the best mood. I didn’t stay around to make it better. I hugged him goodbye, told him good job and left. I had to get home and get some rest for work tomorrow. Zak’s going to be there. I need to look good.
♠ ♠ ♠
I can't help it! The guy's yummy!... but... I still find Tanner slightly yummier lol :D

Kylee

comment?