Status: Updates for this one will be slow.

Wishful Thinking

Chapter 15

Decklin's POV

I didn't see Analise the rest of the day. I had her last period too. She probably was there, I just couldn't see her. I met up with Jennalise and headed home. I saw mom at the kitchen counter. 
"Hey, mom." I greeted her. 
"Hi, mom." Jennalise greeted.
"Hey, there's fruit salad in the fridge if you want some." 
"Sure , later though." I said.
"No, thank you." Jennalise declined. "I'll just do my homework." She headed up to her room.
"Did you see Analise on your way back?" she asked.
"No, why." 
"She got home early and went out for a jog." she informed .
"She came home early?"
"Yeah, she said she felt ill." she said. "She wanted to jog to feel better, but she's been out for four hours already."
"Oh, she's probably on her way back right now."
She nodded. I headed upstairs and started on my homework. I didn't realize a substantial amount of time has passed. My mom went in my room. 
"She's not home yet." she said worried. "It's already    Eight o'clock."
"Really?" I asked concerned. 
"Yeah, can you go out and look for her?"
"Are you sure, she doesn't really like me."
"Just go, I'm worried. Her complexion looked off." she said. "She might be hurt." 
"Fine I'll go." 
I got up and grabbed my keys and headed out. I drove down my street looking at the sidewalk for a jogger. But I couldn't find one. I drove up and down the street multiple times looking for her. Where could she have gone? I decided to just get out the car and look for her. I walked along the sidewalk with a flashlight I happened to find in the backseat. But I couldn't find anything for a while. I was still determined to find her. I looked for her for a few more hours, but there was still no luck. I ended my search when my mom called.
"Did you find her?" she asked.
"No, I can't seem to find her anywhere." I replied.
"Well you need to return home." She told me,"It's already twelve o'clock."
"But she's still not found." 
"I know, but I'll call the police when you get home." 
"Alright." I ended the call and headed back to the car and drove home.

My mom was already on he phone talking to the police.
"Yeah." she replied. "She's been gone for twelve hours already."
She nodded. "She left the house at twelve noon for a jog, but she didn't return home."
"What!" she screamed." I have to wait twelve more hours before you could do anything!" 
"I don't care if it's a protocol you must obey, it's a god damn life at stake!"
"Ugh, fine!" she yelled and slammed the phone down.
"You," she said looking at me,"Come with me."
"Where?"
"To the police office." she said dragging me out the house.
"Why?" 
"You're her fiancé, they have to something if you ask."
"I really don't think it makes a difference." 
"You won't know if you don't try."
"Fine."
I got in the passenger's seat and my mom drove us to the police station. She parked the car and we both left and entered the doors.

"Umm...how may I help you?" someone at a desk nearby asked.
"I'm here to report a missing person." my mother explained.
"Aren't you the one who called earlier?" someone acknowledging us asked.
"Yes." my mom replied.
"I told you mam that a person must be missing for a full twenty-four hours before something can be done.
"Can you do something if the fiancé is looking for her?" she asked.
"No, I'm sorry." he declined, "I must follow the policies written down."
"Fine," she said defeated. "I'll come back here twelve noon on the dot."
"Okay, we'll be able to do something then." he said. 
With that we left and headed home. 
"So what are going to do?" I asked.
"I don't know, but right now the best we can do is pray that she's safe."
I nodded and it stayed quiet the full ride home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment.Subscribe.Enjoy

Love.Peace.PANDA