Status: Active.

Stand By Me Forever.

one

I looked out of the plane window. I was leaving my home, I was leaving my life. It seems like it was my fault that they are gone. If I wasn't being such a bitch about where we were going to eat for supper, they would all be alive right now. My mother, my father and my boyfriend of 2 years all died that day. I was the only one who survived that accident. A tear slipped from my and I wiped it from my cheek. My brother, Patrick and is girlfriend Abby, have invited me to live with them in Chicago. I accepted knowing that this was pretty much my only option. I could have moved to Calgary with my brother, Chris, but I haven't talked to him in years, and last time I heard he had a family, so I wouldn't want to go and bother them with my problems.

About 45 minutes later, the plane finally landed in Chicago. I was relived. I was so tired because I haven't slept in days, and knowing Patrick he would have room all ready for me at his place. I was Patrick's 'little girl'. I was his 'mini- him.' My world revolved around his, and I was grateful for having a brother like him. As I got off the plane I got my bags and I headed towards the exit. From a far distance I noticed my brother. I practically ran to him and threw my arms around him as he did the same. I was pretty much getting squished by my brother. He was 6'1 and I was only 5'4. I missed his hugs. They reminded me of hugging a teddy bear. We then walked to his range rover and we put my stuff in the trunk as I sat in the front seat. He than sat beside me and started the car and we then started driving down the street.

"I know you just got here and stuff, but a few guys are at the house right now. They said they really want to meet you, and well I couldn't say no to them." Patrick looked at me.

"Yes, you could of said no, Pat. I'm tired and you know that. I just want to go to your house, lay in bed, cry and try to fall to sleep."

"Oh, Aubs, don't go do that now. Besides, I think it will be good for you to get things off your mind right now, and knowing these idiots.. they will really get them off your mind." Patrick reassured me.

"But why exactly do they want to meet me?" I gave him a look.

"Well I don't know. I guess I talk about you a lot." He ran his hand through his hair as he pulled into his driveway. It was my first time being in his new house and it was a really nice looking house. It wasn't exactly a mansion but it was bigger than most of the houses in Thunder Bay. There were quite a bit of vehicles in the driveway which meant that the guys were already here. Patrick grabbed my bags out of the trunk and we both walked inside of his house. There were posters and balloons and streamers everywhere in the house. They all said 'Welcome to Chicago, Mini-Sharp'. I rolled my eyes. Patrick knew that I really didn't want a welcoming party type thing like this, but what was I going to do.

"Welcome Aubrey. I have missed you so much!" Abby gave me a hug. I loved Abby, she was like a role model of mine. She was perfect and Patrick and her made the perfect couple. "So how about we introduce you to some of the team since they are all here." She patted my back and I nodded. We walked into the living room which was where all the guys were. "Okay, so Aubrey this is Brent Seabrook. He plays defense here with Duncan Keith." She pointed to the two guys which stood up and walked into our direction.

"Hi guys. It's nice to meet you. I'm Aubrey." I shook both of their hands and smiled.

"We have heard so much about you, Mini-Sharp." Duncan laughed.

"Yeah, apparently you are just like Sharpie. Abby has told us stories about you two." Brent smiled. I shook my head and looked at Abby you have me a grin.

"Okay, thank you Brent, and Duncan." They both sat down as Abby, and I approached two more people. One of them had nice curly hair, and these beautiful blue eyes. Let's face it, this guy was beautiful. The other guy was slightly taller and just as good looking. He had short brown hair and brown eyes to match. They both noticed me and they both stood up quickly and walked towards us. "Aubs, this is Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane. They both play forward and they are pretty much the superstars of the team."

"Well it's nice to meet you guys." I stuck my hand out, which the blonde gladly took.

"Oh believe me, the pleasure's all mine." He winked and kissed my hand. Just as he did that Patrick, my brother, walked into the room and noticed what Patrick Kane had done.

"Kaner! Get your hands off my sister!" He smacked the boy on the back of the head.

"Sorry boss!" He snickered and walked back to the couch.

"I'm Jonathan." He shook his hand with mine.

"Aubrey. It's really nice to meet you. You are really not like that charmer over there." I smiled.

"Kaner? Nah." We both laughed, then Sharpie came along and thought it would be a good idea if he would show me my room so I could go to sleep.

"Well guys, It was nice meeting you all, but I am so tired. Night everyone!" I had said from the doorway. They all said "Night." as Patrick, Abby and I had walked up the stairs. I opened the door to my new room. It was beautiful. They decorated it beautifully. It was way better than my room back in Thunder Bay. "You guys really didn't have to do this, you know. This is just amazing! I am so happy I have you guys in my life." I gave them a hug, and Abby left the room stating that she was going to bed and she both wished us a 'goodnight.' Patrick sat my bag in the corner and began to walk out the door but as soon as he did that I broke the silence as I spoke. "Hey Pat?" He looked back at me.

"Yeah, Aubrey?"

"Would it be okay if you helped me find some jobs around here tomorrow? I really don't want to be a nuisance to you guys." I stated.

"Aubrey, you are not a nuisance to us, but of course I will help you with that. You're my baby sister and I love you." he walked up towards me and sat on my bed.

"I love you too, Pat."

"Now you go get some sleep. You had a long day." He kissed my forehead. "Night, baby girl."

"Goodnight, Pat." as soon as my head hit the pillow I was drifting fast to sleep. I wondered about how life in Chicago would be different from Thunder Bay. I wondered if I was going to find a new job and friends. I even wondered if I was going to live with someone for the rest of my life, and not be lonely. I miss my old boyfriend, Tyler so much, and I would do anything to get him back, but I can't change the past, so I am going to have to move on. But little did I know, the love of my life could be in the same house as me right at that moment.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so that's the first chapter. I was going to write more but I really couldn't think of anything more and I am super uber tired! So comment and such! xxx