Status: Active.

Stand By Me Forever.

three

Weeks have passed and I was really starting to like it here. I got a new job which was a secretary for a elementary school. The job can be stress full at times but it had good pay and good hours. So it was all good for me. I even purchased a 2008 blue Honda Civic with the help of my lovely brother. As for apartments.. I have been looking but I can't afford anything at the moment so I will be staying with Patrick for a bit longer than I have planned. I have been getting closer to Patrick Kane and Jonathan too. They were pretty much my only friends I had right now that were my age, although I befriended a supply teacher who is a year older than me named Jane, but I was a lot closer to Jon and Kaner. The more time I spent with Jon and Kaner, the more I forgot about the death of my boyfriend. Which made me rather happy.

It was a Saturday morning in the middle of October. The weekend after celebrating the Canadian Thanksgiving with Pat and some of the Canadian players off of the team to be exact. The sun peaking through my windows had awaken me that morning at about 9:30. It felt nice to sleep in after waking up at 6:30 for 5 days straight. I took a quick shower and then went downstairs to have some breakfast when my phone vibrated. I looked at my phone and it was a text from Jon.

From; Jon.
Hey.. u up for lunch today with kaner and i?

To; Jon.
yeah sounds good. what time?

From; Jon.
does 1 sound good? and how does pizza hut sound?

To; Jon.
sounds good. don't get fat now jonny.

From; Jon.
i'll just work out more, although i know i won't need it ;)
but kaner and i will pick you up at 1.

To; Jon.
okay, see you then.

I was quite excited for this lunch with Kaner and Tazer. Pizza Hut was pretty much one of my favourite restaurants in Thunder Bay, and I haven't had it since I was there so this should be good. I changed into blue skinny jeans, a white tank top with an unbuttoned blue flannel top with white flats. I straightened my hair, and put my hair in a bun with a white headband in it. I grabbed my sunglasses and waiting patiently for them to come hours later. They eventually came, and I told Pat that I was leaving. We both said goodbye and I headed out the door towards Jon's Chevy. I sat in the backseat because the passenger seat was occupied by Patrick Kane.

We arrived at the restaurant about 10 minutes later and we ordered a large pizza for the three of us and some bread sticks. I took a sip out of my coke as Jon started to talk. "So, I was thinking that you should help Kaner and I pull a prank on Sharpie. Payback from last year, you know." He took a bit out of a bread stick and I laughed.

"Yeah, we need a good prank too. Would you be willing to help, Aubs?" Kaner asked me.

"I don't see why not." I smiled, as smiles spread on the two boy's faces.

"Okay, cool. Any ideas?" Patrick looked at me.

"Hmm.. let me see." I paused. "How about you put saran wrap over the locker room door so when he walks in it he can't get through."

"That's a good one! I was thinking about putting a cup of gatorade or something underneath his helmet so when he picks it up the gatorade spills all over him." Jon laughed.

"Is that what you tried to to do me and Seabsy last year?" Pat asked Jon.

"Yes."

"Man, that didn't work. It just spilled all over the floor, and you had to clean it up." He laughed.

"Shut up Kaner." He muttered. I laughed. "But Aubs, how are we going to get him to walk in it and nobody else." Jon asked me.

"Oh, I don't know. Just tell them all your prank, and just not tell my brother so then he will walk in it." I answered as I ran a hand threw my hair.

"Sounds good."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Later that night, the Blackhawks had a game against the Flyers and we decided it would be a good idea to pull the prank on Sharpie tonight. Kaner along with Seabrook's help, put up the saran wrap and Jonathan informed all the players except for Sharpie and including the staff about the plan. I went to the game with Sharpie so he wouldn't expect anything.

I walked with him to the dressing rooms. I was trying so hard not to laugh because I knew he was actually going to walk through it. We were getting closer and closer I was practically holding all of my insides. Pat just kept looking at me and rolling his eyes. He was just ignoring me which was great! We were about 4 feet away from the locker room, while we noticed that someone had put a chair in front of the door so the door would stay open. "Why the hell is there a chair there?" Patrick asked, but I was pretty sure he was talking to himself. We approached the door and he still didn't notice the saran wrap. He moved the chair with his free hand since he had a coffee in the other and he quickly walked into the doorway before the door moved until.. BAM!.. "what the-" BAM! He walked into the saran wrap! The plus side was since he walked into it and couldn't get in.. the door slammed and hit him. He spilled his coffee everywhere and pretty much ruined his suit. Everyone bursted into laughter and he just glared. "Fuck! You assholes! This isn't funny! You ruined my damn suit!" He held the door open and punched the saran wrap so he could get through. "Fuck, I miss Burish."

The Hawks won in shoot out over the Canuks 6-5. We were all pretty happy. My brother got third star, Henrik Sedin got second, and Jon got first. It was a very excited game to watch and I was glad I came. Pat was still in a pretty bad mood because of the whole incident so I knew he wouldn't be celebrating tonight. In fact, he left WITHOUT me! Like come on. That shit head. He knew I did it so he was mad at me. Typical Patrick. I saw Pat Kane head out of the locker room shortly after my brother, so I decided to ask him for a ride.

"Hey, Pat. Would it be okay if you can give me a drive home? My so called brother left without me. I understand if you can't drive me. You know what just never mind. I'll ask Tazer." I started walking away.

"No Aubs. It's fine, I can drive you. Only on one condition, though." He smirked. I was quite confused.

"And that would be?"

"Go on a date with me. Right now. I'll take you out for supper."

"Oh, I don't know Patrick. You're my brother's team mate."

"So? Just come on Aubrey! It'll be fine." He stuck his hand out for me to take.

"Okay, if you say so." I smiled and took his hand.

I guess this meant I was going on a date with Patrick Kane.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'll right the date on the next chapter. I should be writing a lot more on Friday since it's Christmas Eve and I will be doing nothing really in the day. xxx