Movie Star? Superstar? I Thought I Was Just a Normal Kid!

Chapter 3

"What!?" I couldn't believe it. I mean, come on, this was my big chance! How could they not let me?

"Mom, seriously, this is like, a once-in-a-lifetime chance!"

"Mauri, hang on a second. We haven't even talked to the people yet. For all we know, it could cost a bunch of money, it could be during school. Honey, it could even be in another country! We have to think about these things."

"And," my dad broke in, "it ould change our lives completely. You would be attacked by reporters, and school would be nearly impossible. We'd even have to move. Maur, you have to understand. This isn't an easy decision."

I sighed. I knew that he was right. I just couldn't stand being so close, yet so far away.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I flopped down on my bed, getting ready to watch High School Musical 1 and 2 again. Just as I hit 'play', my cell phone started vibrating. It was Travis. Ugh... I really don't want to talk to him right now. But I answered the phone anyway.

"Hello?"

"Mauri?"

"Mhm. Who else would answer my phone?"

"Oh, sorry. I was just making sure."

"Okay, wow, whatever. What did you want?" I knew it was mean, but ever since Travis had started being mean to me, I didn't let him get to me.

"Oh, um... I just wanted to..." He paused, and then changed his mind. "Did we have any homework?"

I rolled my eyes. "Of course we have homework, Travis. We have homework every night." I knew that wasn't his real question. I had heard him talking about how much homework he had when we were on the bus.

"Oh, okay. Bye." And, with a click, he hung up the phone.

"Ughh!" I shouted at the phone. Immediately, it started vibrating again. Assuming it was Travis again, I flipped it open and half-shouted, "WHAT DO YOU WANT!?!"

"Um... may I speak to Mauri Lynn?"

I gasped. That voice could only belong to one person. His next sentence confirmed it.

"This is Zac. Zac Efron."
♠ ♠ ♠
dun dun dun dun....