Status: Complete

Closer to the Edge

Make me Believe it

“Hey guys what did I miss?” I ask while jumping off the last step.
“Oh the planes leaves in twenty minutes and were going to be landing in Prague at about 2:00” Tomo answers since he is the closest one to me.
“Thanks Tomo you’re always so informative.” I hook arms with him.
“Let’s be friends” I stand up straight and smile.
We all walk towards our plane I feel my heart beating faster and faster as I get closer to the flying metal death trap. Tomo and I release arms and check in to the terminal passports in hand. I get on the plane and quickly find my seat. I buckle in and close my eyes attempting to even out my breathing. I feel a person occupy the seat beside me.
“Hi Shannon” I say a little out of breath.
“Are you okay Ev” he asks with a look of concern across his face.
“I hate planes” I close my eyes again
“If you need a hand to hold I am here for you”
I grab his hand.
“Thanks for being there Shannon.”
I feel the plane lurch forward and I hold my breath.
“You’re like the big brother I never had” I try to make the take off seem like it wasn’t happening.
“Thank you for the complement you’re like the little sister I never had I have Jared but he’s not a sister.”We both laugh. The seatbelt light goes off and I am still attempting to even out my breaths. We are in the air and I am on the verge of puking. Maybe I can just sleep the whole ride.
“Hey Ev I have a favor” Shannon looks at me.
“Yeah what Shannon”
“Can you let go of my hand I have no feeling in it and I need it for my job”
I look down and realize that I was squeezing his hand really hard. I let go and blush a little giving him an apologetic look.
“I think I am going to try to sleep the whole plane ride”
I wake up to Shannon shaking me like mad.
“Ev Ev wake up” Shannon looks panicked
“Why what’s wrong” I ask looking around
“The plane is going down” Shannon buckles his belt too.
“Oh god I knew I didn’t like planes for a reason” I say starting to cry closing my eyes.
The plane lands like normal and I am in a tizzy.
“I’m sorry Shannon your life was at its highest and it has to end like this” I breathe for a minute and look around everyone is getting up and grabbing their bags.
“Wait why is everyone so calm and the plane isn’t moving” I wipe the tears from my eyes and Shannon is on the ground laughing hysterically.
“I told you the plane was going down”
“I hate you!” I yell through the plane.
“Shannon what did you do to Eva” Jared asks his bags on his back.
“I woke her up and acted like the plane was crashing” He laughs more.
“Wait Ev are you crying?” Spencer asks.
“No I was just laughing too hard yes I am crying I thought the plane was crashing and I hate planes as is”
They all burst out laughing.
“I hate you all right now!”I get up grab my bags and stomp off the plane.
As I get through the airport I remember I have to ride to the bus with them. I sit in one of the uncomfortable terminal seats and wait for the idiots to come through. I wait at least twenty minutes for them.
“Eva we are really sorry!” Jared laughs a little.
I cross my arms and they all stare at me.
“I would like to get on the bus and claim my bunk before we start touring” I say blankly
“Ev Come on we were really just messing with you and we are all sorry that Shannon did that” Spencer whines.
“Evan don’t make us all sing were sorry to you”Jyrmey laughs.
I look up into the ceiling.
“Ev I’m sorry I made you cry” Shannon sings at the top of his lungs.
I crack a kind of smile.
“Evalynne is the best person to be on tour with” Tomo Sings.
“Eva your awesome” Jared throws in.
I look at them and they all have the ‘I’m sorry faces on’.
“Alright alright I accept your apologies” I giggle.
Spencer ruffles my hair and jyrmey pinches my cheeks they always act like big brothers to me.
“Oh yeah and by the way we” Spencer points between him and Jyrmey “are NOT seeing each other”
“It took you long enough to answer me!”I laugh.
We all look around the terminal we were currently standing in. It’s amazing I can’t believe that I am here in this amazing place!
“Come on dreamer we have to get to our bus like ASAP” Jared puts a firm hand on my lower back and pushes me along.
I’m so confused does Jared want me to like him or something? He is sending me the most mixed signals I have ever gotten from a man. I walk the way he is pushing me and I make sure to walk faster than him so his hand leaves my back.
“Don’t stop Believin’” My phone yells at me.
Jared and Shannon both look at me.
“Sorry” I blush and silence my phone.
“Wait you like journey” Jared looks at me.
“Yeah who doesn’t they are a very amazing band” I laugh
They look at each other “were going to get along great” Shannon smiles.
Three Hours Later
I’m jumping up and down warming myself up for the performance.
“Alright Evealynne Spencer and Jyrmey are ready are you?” I breathe in a deep breath.
“Ready as I will ever be” I jump up and run onto the stage.
The guitar starts then the drums and I feel the beat going through my body I jump up and the lights start flashing.
Make a wish see that dream
Get it catch it in the blink of an eye
I belt out the lyrics to a song Spencer wrote. Before I know it our set is over and the crowd is screaming.
The black curtain goes up behind me and I can hear them moving equipment around.
“Are you ready for them?” I scream into the mic.
The crowd erupts.
“Come on guys are you ready for them?”
The crowd screams.
“I want you to do me one favor when they come out I want you to scream as loud as you have ever screamed in your life” I say.
“Say it with me Mars, Mars, Mars” The crowd starts the chant.
I walk behind the curtain and see the boys getting ready.
“Good luck you guys I know you’re going to be great” I bump fists with Tomo and give Shannon the thumbs up I see Jared walking up to me.
“Have fun” He pulls me into a side hug
The lights go out and I rely on my still adjusting eyes
“What the fuck is going on guys?” I hear Jared hyping up the crowd.
I walk out back to the hall where we all were before we went on stage.
“Can you believe the crowd?” I jump up sweat still new on my skin.
They both smile and we act like idiots for awhile. We settle down for a little bit and I listen to Jared’s voice through the walls.
“I want to hear you all say no, no, no, no”
“I’ll be back guys!”
I get up and run out to the side stage.
The crowd starts saying no and I join in getting the attention of Tomo. He smiles at me and motions to not forget the fist pump. I hear the keyboard start playing and I smile. I jump up and down and pump my fist and sing along with them. By the time the song is over I am done for the night. I go to leave and I hear Jared go to speak as the last notes of the song still ring in the air.
“So what did you guys think of Echolike?” The crowd screams.
“Are you guy’s fans now too” Jared asks with a smile the crowd cheers.
I walk out of the building and feel the cool night air hit my sweaty skin. I walk along the street and look at all the architecture huge monuments and sky scrapers pierce the sky. I get to the hotel that we are staying at and the second I get to my room I peel my clothes off and I get into the shower. This is going to be my routine for the next million billion days. I gather all of the belongings that I have and stash them back into my backpack. I walk out of the elevator and to the front desk I give them my hotel key and walk out. I don’t stay in hotels the last time I did I got left there because someone forgot to wake me up. I sling my backpack over my shoulder and begin the trek back to the stadium I see people leaking out of the doors and I know the concert is over. I walk around back where the bus is and it’s gone. I look around maybe they moved it. About twenty minutes pass and I realize that the bus is really gone.
“Must be back at the hotel” I say to myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello again!
I would really really love it if you guys would leave me some comments and I promise that there will be a little Jared Eva loves in the next one!