Status: Complete

Closer to the Edge

Lost in This Daydream

My mother must have snuck it into my room when Jared and I were sleeping. It’s a magazine with me and Jared plastered all over the front of it. One of the stories said another lady and another more heartbreak on the way. I throw the magazine on the floor and pace the room. Jared stirs and I turn to him as he rubs his eyes and the blankets fall from his chest.
“Are you ready to face the world with me?” I ask rubbing my temples.
“What do you mean?” I pick the magazine up from the floor and toss it to him.
He doesn’t even look at the cover “Yes I am.”
I sit on the end of the bed and look at him.
“Whatever we do we can’t listen to the tabloids” I look at him seriously.
“I know and we won’t I promise” He grabs my hand and kisses it.
I smile and cuddle up next to him again.
“So you ready?” he asks me running his fingers through my hair.
“Ready for what?” I look up at him.
“To meet my parents today, don’t you remember me telling this to you like a week ago?” He now looks down at me.
I sit up quick. “No I don’t remember this”
“Yeah were going to be heading there in about an hour” he looks at his phone.
I jump up and start grabbing my bathroom stuff.
“Ev what in god’s name are you doing?” Jared’s eyes follow me around the room.
“I have to get ready I don’t want to look like a bum in front of your parents going to take a shower I will be back” I say in a rush.
When I get back into my room I look around for the pink haired rock star. He is nowhere to be seen. I hear laughing down stairs. I shut my door and I start pulling clothes out of my closet. I put an outfit on and look at myself in the mirror. I start striping my clothes off when I hear the door open. I look through my shirt its Jared.
“what are you doing?”
“I am trying to find clothes to wear in front of you parents that don’t scream ‘look at me in a giant slut’ but also don’t scream’ I’m so prude that your son is going to be miserable” I shuffle through some more clothes.
“Just wear what you have on right now” I look at him.
“No I can’t wear this”
I look at my black skinny jeans blue converse then to my white tank top and grey cardigan I then put on a colorful peace sign necklace.
“Okay now let’s vacate my room before I look at myself too much and decide to change” I giggle and grab Jared’s hand. We bound down the stairs like a couple of kids and out the door.
Jared opens the door for me and we head off to my imminent doom. I sit there and twiddle my thumbs as Jared tries his hardest to make conversations with me.
“I’m sorry Jared I am just really nervous I mean it’s not every day that you bring home a girl to your parents … I am just afraid that they will think I am like every other girl and” Jared grabs my hands.
“Ev don’t worry they won’t do that I have already told them that you are something special to me” We both smile.
We turn down a dirt drive and I hold my breath. He pulls up to this beautiful house and lets me out. We walk up to the door and he opens it. I feel the glow of the lights inside hit my face and I let my breath go.
“Mum this is Ev” she looks at me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Soooo I decided not to end it where I did!!