Status: Active

Left Side, Strong Side

Start

Riley woke up with a slightly better attitude than he normally did. He had something to look forward to, but it didn't change the fact that he was skeptical about leaving the club. He did make a lot of money there, and leaving meant that he'd have to settle for less. The one thing that kept his mind on track was remembering what Blake had said to him. As long as he kept positive thoughts in his head, he was okay.

The teen went about his day as he usually would. He stayed away from his step mom and tried his best to hold a decent conversation with his dad. It was hard to do both, and he hated it. Riley absolutely hated his situation at home- he couldn't wait to leave that place.

Riley showed up at the club around 5 o'clock; which was hours earlier than he normally would show up to work. He wanted to give Gilly time to find a replacement for the night.

The more he thought about it the more he wasn't sure how to tell Gilly; after all, he was the one who had accepted him even though he was underage and inexperienced. He was the only one that understood exactly what he needed. Riley knew that Gilly was a good person, even though not many people did.

The models always said to Riley, 'You'd have to work for Gilly in order know him. On the outside he seems cold and distant. But on the inside- he's actually a nice guy.'

Riley definitely could relate.

"Hey Gil. I uh, need to speak to you," Riley said timidly, unlike himself.

He had not taken any drugs. He figured he owed it to Gilly to not be high upon entering work. Besides, he wasn't even there to work.

"Is something wrong? Did that man who hurt you come back here?"

The brunette shook his head and looked up at the taller man.

"No. I just. I...I think I want out. I know what you're thinking; that I'm a stupid kid that doesn't know what he wants. I know I begged you for this job but...I don't want it anymore. I appreciate everything you've done for me. You'll never know how much this job helped me. But I need to leave. I'm sorry."

Gilly stepped closer to Riley. "You have nothing to be sorry for. This type of profession isn't for everyone. And you're so young. I'm almost glad that you're leaving. I mean, I'm going to miss you and wonder if you're okay. But I completely understand. You are much better off without this place."

Riley half smiled and nodded. "I would stay, Gil. Really I would. You've always been good to me and you've always made sure I was taken care of. And I can't thank you enough for letting me stay upstairs. I'll be fine though, so don't worry. Okay?"

Gilly nodded back at the boy. "Alright. I trust that you've got an alternative plan of some sort. You're a smart kid, Riley, and you know how to get what you want. But if you ever need your job back you have it," he squinted his eyes for a moment. "...will I see you again?"

Riley knew what Gilly meant, and he started to feel his skin start to itch.

"I don't think I'll be back. Again, I'm sorry."

Gilly's eyes widened, but he soon accepted the idea of never seeing Riley again. Riley was special- even though Gilly knew he wasn't allowed to be. For some reason Gilly's heart went out to Riley. Maybe it was because he saw a little bit of himself somewhere inside the broken boy, or maybe it was because he was saddened that there wasn't proper help he could offer him. Either way he was upset to see him go.

"Okay. Good luck to you, Riley. Take care of yourself."

And with that Riley turned his back and left.

~

Blake showed up at Riley's home at the designated time he was given, which was about 6 in the afternoon. Riley's parents were out and were going to be out for a while, which meant that the blond could pick him up and take him away for a couple of hours. Or perhaps the night if he was willing.

"So...how did it go?" Blake asked nonchalantly, turning his head away from the road for only a second to look at Riley.

"As well as can be expected. I did it, if that's what you're really wondering. I said I was going to. I'm not a liar."

Blake laughed. "Hey now, relax- I never said you were anything of the sort. I believe you. And I am genuinely curious as to how it went."

It was Riley's turn to laugh. He didn't know why he snapped at Blake; he really didn't mean to. He didn't like to be so nasty.

"It really went fine. I told him I was quitting and that was that. He didn't give me a hard time. Said I could come back any time if I wanted."

Blake sighed. "Well I hope that you don't go back. But I'm glad that he was so understanding."

The rest of the ride was quiet, but not awkward or uncomfortable. Riley enjoyed the car, and he enjoyed being in the car with Blake. He liked to look at how cool he looked driving his car. Blake's strong personality was always prominent, but the way he drove said even more about him. He drove with one hand on the wheel and the other rested on the armrest, his seat was pushed back quite a bit, and the sunroof was all of the way open. Blake was definitely the calm, cool, and collected type.

"Here we are...again. Are you hungry? I haven't been home since this morning but I can fix you something to eat..."

Riley shook his head. "No I had dinner earlier. Thank you though."

They both got out of the car and headed inside. Riley still couldn't get over how big and nice his house was. He was jealous that Blake seemed to have his whole life in check...everything seemed so simple for him. It wasn't fair.

"Are you sure? Because it's not a problem. I'm not that great of a cook but-"

"I'm fine, Blake. I swear."

Blake chuckled. "Okay, just checking. Well if it's okay with you I'm going to go up and change- I'm dying to get out of these clothes. You can stay down here, I'll be right back down."

Blake was way too hot in his work clothes- the weather was too nice for button-downs.

"Yeah, of course. Take your time."

Riley moseyed around the lower level of the house, taking a short adventure. He was surprised that Blake didn't have a single family photograph. There was pictures of him with friends and pictures of him at work and a lot of his modeling pictures, but no mom, dad, sister, or brother.

Riley thought it was strange but he didn't dwell on it. If he had his own place he wouldn't have any family photo's either, so he wasn't going to judge.

The teen sat down on Blake's couch and just waited for him; he was done snooping for the time being.

Soon enough the older man came down the stairs in shorts and a t-shirt. Riley thought 'business' Blake was hot, but casual Blake was also hot. Blake was pretty much hot no matter what.

"You look tired, Riley. Do you want to take a nap or something?" He asked, taking a seat next to the teen.

Riley was emotionally drained from the past couple years, not tired. But there was no way to turn that in to a conversation he felt like having.

"I didn't ask you pick me up so I could fall asleep on you. I thought we could have some fun."

Blake raised an eyebrow. "How about we just relax for now? I didn't pick you up to 'have fun' so to speak. I actually just want to talk to you. I have so many questions. I mean...this may be the only time you will answer them."

"Ugh. Why? What do you need to know? There's nothing Blake. Nothing I feel like sharing."

Blake frowned. "I thought we were making progress. You quit stripping for me; ultimately for yourself but still. Can't you just humor me for a little while and answer my questions?"

Riley wasn't in the mood. He never was. He rarely talked to people; he didn't want to start now.

"Because I want to start over," he said instead of 'it's none of your business.' "I'd like to forget about everything and just have a clean slate."

Blake folded his arms. "So by that you mean you're gonna quit the coke right? Can't start fresh if you're high all the time."

The teen bit his lip. "Blake, I am very thankful that you're helping me. You've already done so much. I've screwed up so many things in my life, and I do want to make them better. But you don't know what quitting will do to me. It hasn't even been 24 hours and I'm starting to feel bugs crawling on me," he rubbed at his arm. "...and it's not just the physical aspect of it. If I quit...I'll- I'll fall apart. I know I will."

Blake put his arm around Riley to try and comfort him.

"It's okay, Riley. One step at a time. I won't push you any further today. You're doing excellent so far."

The boy cuddled into the strong man and hugged him. He never knew what it was like to care about someone. He was starting to develop feelings for Blake- and it scared him terribly; he didn't want to care about him. But there was nothing he could do to stop it.

A part of him did want to tell Blake everything, but the bigger part of him wanted to stay quiet. He didn't think he could say the truth about what happened to him to anyone.

There was one thing that Riley did feel like sharing which wasn't very significant but he just wanted Blake to know something; anything.

"I'm allergic to basically anything that has fur. I always wanted a dog when I was younger. I probably would have even settled for a cat; but the ones without hair gave me the creeps."

Blake smiled. "Aw I'm sorry, Riley. I'm sure you would have been a good owner."

It wasn't important; but it was a start.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please go here and pick which story you want me to write next!

Thanks to these lovely people for commenting =]

xmydecemberx
Skwahdala
dinosaursgorawr
liveforthemusic
LuBearr;
LorenElizabethxoxo
yournightmareXO