Status: Under Construction. Posted on wattpad as "Rebels and Skeletons"

Burn It to the Ground

Somebody Get Me Through This Nightmare.

22 years ago

Green Valley, Illinois, 61534; population: just over 700.

"Momma," Maura tugged on her mother's cotton blue dress, as she was about to put baby Kassia in her crib. "I wanna give Kassie a kiss good night."

Susan and Andrew Valentine were out celebrating their four year anniversary and Kassia's six months on earth that night. It was way past the girl's bedtime and everyone was exhausted from an eventful evening.

The Valentine's may have appeared to be your every day, happy-go-lucky family but in reality, they were far from the Bradys. Andrew, who normally went by Andy, was a demon hunter at night. Yes, also known as a hunter of the supernatural. That was one of a two occupations he had to protect and support his family. He was also a welder during the day to keep food on the table and pay the bills on time. Andy was introduced to this crazy hunting lifestyle ever since his father handed him a gun. This was a family business, and poor young Andy was thrown into such chaos without warning. When Andy had two beautiful daughters, he wanted to give up hunting the supernatural, because he felt that educating his girls on the lifestyle he was a part of would ruin their chances of living a normal life. However, as time went on, everything had changed.

Susan smiled at her oldest daughter, as Maura's big brown eyes would smile back. "Of course you can sweetie." She said, carefully cradling Kassia in her arms and crouching down casually to her daughter's height.
Maura gently kissed her sister's cheek, patting her hairless head softly. "Night baby Kass. I love you." She said sweetly and rushed back into her room to wait for her mother to tuck her in for bed.
Susan placed Kassia down in her crib after kissing her on top of her head. Andy came in the nursery, sneaking up behind his wife and wrapping his arms around her waist and buried his face in her soft, brunette locks. She giggled lightly with a vibrant smile on her face, glancing over her shoulder to see the love of her life. He swiftly peck his wife's lips ever so passionately, not letting her out of his arms.

"I don't know what I'd do without you and our girls," Susan whispered to him, as they both had bold smiles on their faces.
"Well, you don't have to worry about that, now do you?" he declared, pecking her on the lips one more time before turning to his daughter's crib. Kassia was squirming around, failing to fall asleep. "Good night my little angel," he said, leaning over the crib to kiss her goodnight.
Andrew was one proud father of two stunning daughters. He knew that one day they would grow up to be heart breakers. Just ask anyone in passing. Maura and Kassia had that look from the day they were born, and they got it from their mother. Andrew was madly in love with Susan. They were not high school or college sweetheart like the typical parents everyone assumed they were. They met at local hotspot diner, while Andy was on a case. He knew it would not be easy to find a woman like Susan to call his own, but that never stopped him from trying to win her over and in the end, love won.

"I'm going to be out in the garage doing some research, " Andrew informed his wife in a quiet manner that only the two of them could hear. "I also need to call John about a case in Minnesota."
"Another case? When will you be back?" Susan asked her husband with concern in her voice. She never liked the fact that Andy would go out hunting these terrifying and dangerous creatures with John Winchester, who was not only his hunting partner, but also a good friend of his from high school.
Hunting was in their blood.

Andrew pulled his wife closer to his chest as she rested her head against him, only to be soothed by the peaceful sound of his heart beat. She sighed heavily as he spoke.
"Baby, I won't be long. You'll never know that I was gone," He replied softly, kissing her gently on the forehead before whispering "good night" into her ear, followed by him walking out of the nursery and out towards the garage.

Susan glanced back at her baby, who was now out like a rock. She admired how precious and innocent she appeared, knowing that her and her sister were going to be strong fighters just like their father. She turned around, shutting out the lights before migrating over to Maura's room. Her light was still on as she was holding a small book in her tiny hands.
"Momma, I want you to read me this one," she said innocently, waving a book in the air about Sleeping Beauty. Her mother nodded and sat down beside her, taking the book from Maura's grasp, opened it and began to read.

Not more than five minutes later, there was a crashing noise from in Kassia's room. It was not a loud crash, but it was just enough to wake up the baby up. Kassia's cries filled the second floor of the house. Susan grew worried, unsure what to expect.
"Sweetheart, I need to go check on your sister. I'll be right back," she told Maura, giving her a peck on the cheek before rushing down the hall to Kassia's room...

Meanwhile...

"John, I hate leaving my family unexpectedly all the time. Maybe I should just take a break from hunting for awhile." Andy was talking to his hunting partner, John Winchester, researching on a mysterious case outside of St. Paul, Minnesota. He was getting frustrated that he couldn't just settle down and forget about hunting, but he knew that John had lost his wife, Mary, in an unnatural fire a couple months ago and Andy didn't want to let John down. However, he knew John could hunt on his own. He was worried about John and his two boys, Sam and Dean. He always left them alone in cheap motels while he was out hunting with him. They were becoming young warriors and John had taught them well on the paranormal activity that was out there in the world, the exact opposite Andy had intended to teach Maura and Kassia as they grew older.
A sigh came through the line as John spoke up. "I understand Andy, but I can't give up now; not after what happened to Mary. I'm not going to rest until whatever killed her rots in Hell."

Andrew heard Susan screaming from inside the house, causing his stomach to churn. A sign of fear was in his voice as he abruptly said on the other side of the line, "John, I'll call you back," and hung up the phone while staring intently at the door that lead into the house.

He grasped on to the gun in his holster, attached to the waistline of his jeans and pulled it out slowly. The hand gun was cocked towards the door, as Andy gradually pacing as he opened it cautiously. The first floor of the house was silent. Not a soul in sight, or so it seemed. He tiptoed down the corridor that lead into the living room. The moon shined through an open window, letting a small amount of light to illuminate his surroundings, which he appeared to be the only one in the room.
Andy climbed up the stairs to the second floor, leading to the bed rooms. He turned to the first door to his right where he saw Maura, sleeping peacefully with the light on and a book lying next to her. He smiled slightly before returning to his search for his wife.
Continuing down the dark hallway, he came to his and Susan's room. No Susan in sight. His eyes peered across from the room where Kassia's room was. The door was ajar just a couple inches. Andy inhaled deeply and exhaled hastily before pushing the door open. The lights were off, Kassia was wide awake in her crib, but still no sign of his wife anywhere.

Suddenly, he felt something hit the side of his face. It was a warm liquid, which puzzled Andy as he lifted his hand to his face, revealing a dark liquid but couldn't identify the substance. He wiped his cheek vigorously, glancing down at his hand. More of the unidentified liquid dripped onto him. His weary eyes moved slowly to get a glance at the ceiling from where the substance was falling from. That's when his eyes shot wide open, observing his wife pinned to the ceiling in her blood-covered blue dress. Her face was pale and terrified.
"NO," Andy shrilled as his wife burst into flames. This was the last thing he had expected, especially to his family. What did he do to be punished for this? Why would anything or anyone so heartless want to kill an innocent woman like Susan? It was the same way Mary Winchester had died, and whatever it was that did this, had no remorse.

Fire sprawled across the nursery in a flash. Andy felt helpless, but he knew he needed to get his girls to safety, no matter how much he was grieving over such nightmare. His wife, up in flames and there was nothing he could do to save her. He swiftly took a hold off Kassia from in her crib and rushed out into the hallway to see Maura outside her bedroom door, with a petrified look on her face.

"Maura, go take your sister and get out of the house as quick as you can," he shouted to his daughter in high demand.
"But Daddy-" she began in a sorrowful tone.
"Go Maura, go," he exclaimed hastily, as she darted out the room fiercely.

Andy glanced back at where his wife had been, but all he could see was the room, ablaze and raging. He raced out of the house like a bolt of lightning, to see Maura holding baby Kassia at the end the lawn, tears welling her fearful big brown eyes. He sighed in relief to know that his girls were okay, but his heart was wrenching with angst, knowing that the love of his life was taken by a powerful supernatural creature. He hugged his girls tight, not wanting to let them go. This meant war for Andrew Valentine and nothing was going to stop him from hunting this creature down.