Status: Under Construction. Posted on wattpad as "Rebels and Skeletons"

Burn It to the Ground

I Won't Say I've Had Enough.

Kassia's POV

"Now," Rachael Lovegood said moving her hands together in a circular motion, most likely nervous about talking about such a gut-renching subject. "You want to know about Laura's murder then, hmm?"

We all nodded like a group of school kids, sitting in a classroom and actually paying attention to the teacher, though it wasn't much like that at all. I mean we were going to learn more about Laura's murder, but something wasn't right here, or so I thought. Rachael seemed too calm for what happened to her daughter, but maybe that was a good thing. Working with a remorse mother might not have been a walk in the park.

Dean hovered over the coffee table where a tray of fresh baked assortment of cookies and tea were, picking up a cup of tea and about three different kinds of cookies. "Mm- these are really good Mrs. Lovegood," he mumbled, speaking with half eaten food in his mouth, which really wasn't attractive but it was kind of cute- maybe.

She beamed back at him with a bright smile. "Always made with just the right amount of love," she stated cheerfully, though it seemed quite... fake. Something about this bubbly old lady rubbed me the wrong way, of course like I said- breaking down in front of "professional young writers of Time Magazine" would make you feel like a wimp; it would me anyhow.

"Back to Laura's murder," I chimed into the happy-go-lucky conversation, rudely. She turned to look at me with her mouth agape, almost surprised that I sounded uncaring and heartless. "Tell us everything you know or heard from the police."

She sighed as I glanced around to notice everyone else was drinking the tea and eating cookies. It made me feel out of the loop, so I leaned over a picked up a warm, oozy chocolate chip cookie and took a bite. Boy, Dean wasn't kidding when he said they were good. It was like... an orgasmic cookie? "Laura was a quiet young woman; it was her day off so she spent her day cleaning up her and Ryan's apartment."

"Ryan is... who?" Sam questioned curiously with a serious look on his face.

"Well, Ryan is Laura's boyfriend of course. They've been together for quite some time. Anyway, she was on the phone with me that evening and she said that Ryan was home and she'd call me later on. That was the last I heard from her." Rachael's voice trailed off as she stared down at the ground, noticing the wetness in her bold brown eyes. She covered her hand over her mouth, trying her hardest to breakdown out loud. Maura handed her a tissue from on of the chestnut end-table beside her. "Bless you child," she thanked her with a weak smile, wiping her eyes momentarily.

"Mrs. Lovegood," Sam began again, not changing his interested tone. "What do you know about Ryan? Was he ever harmful in any way to Laura?"

She turned to him, shaking her head in disbelief. "Ryan is no killer if that's what you're thinking. He treated my daughter with respect and love. No other man cared about her more other than her father."

Suddenly, a tall, scrawny, gray-haired man appeared into the room out of no where. His aged skin sunk in around his pale face; he looked pretty ragged. I sounded pretty judgmental, but he gave me the creeps. This whole make-yourself-at-home feeling was getting on my nerves. "Rachael, who are these people?" he asked his wife, briskly walking behind her as she was sitting on the love seat across from us.

"Just a few people from Times Magazine. They wanted to write an article on Laura's murder, along with others too, am I correct?" she informed him, glancing at each of us individually and slowly.

Dean nodded, grabbing another cookie off the tray. "Yes ma'am. Need a good story for the public." He pressed the cup of tea to his lips, not sure if he was really drinking it or not. Sam stared at him stupidly, probably thinking of how idiotic his response really sounded. I couldn't agure with that.

Laura's father altered his tone from soothing and appeasing to an uncomfortable sense of hysteria. "No, I want you out of my house! Can't any you show any flattery towards a grieving mother?"

"Lee please, I'm perfectly fine with-" Rachael started to say calmly, but his uncontrollable anger took the best of him to interrupt her. "If these invaders don't head out the door in five seconds, I'm calling the police!"

That's all it took for us to realize that it was our cue to get the hell out of there. We fled the house quickly, hoping not to trip down the stairs from the porch. Sam stopped in front of the door where Rachael was standing on the other side, as the three of us stood there waiting for him. "Call us if something comes up or if you want to add anything to what explained, Mrs. Lovegood. We didn't mean for trouble," Sam stated, handing her a piece of paper with what I presumed to be his phone number.

Rachael nodded sheepishly. Her eyes had huge signs of hurt or depression as she spoke her last words to Sam, "Yes um- okay..." and closed the door behind her.
___________________________________________________________________

Dean's POV

Sam sighed, stepping down the white steps of the porch saying, "That went over well," as we all headed for our cars. Maura and Kassia weren't too far behind us walking, but they were sort of dragging their feet since we were out at the Impala waiting aimlessly for a few seconds.

Shaking my head and leaning up against the car, I replied casually, "Somebody didn't have his coffee this morning."

"I think it's more than that," Kassia said sternly, standing beside me with Maura glued to her side. "Something doesn't seem right with that guy."

"Does anything ever seem right to you?" Maura smirked, getting a nudge from her sister.

Kassia sighed, rolling her eyes. "I'm being serious here!"

I noticed Sam leaning up against the hood of the Impala, which I was about to tell him to get his ass up but I was too caught up with Kassia talking, my mind sort of went blank. "Kass, you don't even know the man. You would be bitter too if you found out you lost someone close to you-" Sam retorted, glancing at her for some good comeback.

"Are you calling her judgmental, Sam?" Maura snapped back, staring at him intently.

Sam shook his head, smirking like he couldn't believe she just said that. "Did I ever say that? No."

"Well either way, she has every right to be and I don't blame her." Maura stated, crossing her arms over her chest, looking back at the small, aesthetic home. "This whole place gives me the chills."

I laughed quietly, turning to face the house briefly. "I hear ya on that one."

"You know what this means don't you," Kassia spoke up veering her eyes back at me, smirking. I couldn't help but grin back at her idiotically. Maura looked at me queasy, demanding "Please, don't answer that. I can only imagine what you are thinking right now."

She's right. I was picturing her naked in bed with me. That was just something I had to keep to myself. Kassia giggled, receiving the roll of the eyes from Maura. "Time to go underground and see if we can find any er-"

"Shape-shifter activity?" Sam finished her sentence. Kassia nodded.

"I'm in!" I said enthusiastically, as I got a wink from Kass and more rolling eyes from both Maura and Sam. Not really sure why I was so excited in the first place, because I hated these damn shape-shifters- so much.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't maybe this is a bit... rushed?
Either way, comments are still loved :)