Status: Under Construction. Posted on wattpad as "Rebels and Skeletons"

Burn It to the Ground

Smell The Roses, But Steal The Vines

Kassia's POV

Can we say total asshole move?

Did they seriously think that because they were men, that they were a lot tougher and strong then us woman? Actually, I can believe it. Maybe Maura was right all along about them being complete sexists. I was just too blind to notice that with being easily distracted by Dean's good-looks and badass singularity, but who else wouldn't? Especially, when all you could think about was what was underneath there hunting attire... totally stripping of thee eyes here...

I growled loud and aggravatingly once Sam rushed off to catch up with his brother. I was hoping that maybe Sam had some common sense underneath his shaggy brown hair, to agree with my conclusion of having the bigger weapon. Of course, he must be just like Dean in all aspects. "I hope a freakin' sewer gator eats their fucking ass's, those jerks," I mumbled, letting my frustration get the best of me. I honestly believe the only reason I was so bent-out-of-shape was because I wanted to be with Dean... I liked his company.

Maura chuckled softly, staring down the eerie channel the boys were traveling, which I barely acknowledged them down there anymore. "I told you so- it's a man's instinct to think they're better than us woman. It's like they have nothing better to do, but rehearse their lines in front of a mirror."

Rolling my eyes, I retrieved my shotgun back down at my side. She had a point, but I wasn't bound to agree with her on that. I'm sure she already had her doubts of me letting my hormones get in the way of this case, of course she wouldn't admit that to my face. We continued down the sludgy tunnel, filled with cob webs, pestering black bugs, and an odd smell of something I couldn't determine.

"Hey Kass," my sister said calmly, as I was few paces ahead of her while shining a flashlight to light our path somewhat, since the farther we got in the tunnel it got darker and more ghastly. "Yeah?" I answered awkwardly, while she guided her flashlight above us I guess in case something would jump at us overhead. Never thought of that.

I turned my flashlight to the left where there were little miry puddles of who knows what. I scrunched up my face, returning straight ahead where it was nothing but darkness surrounding us. "How do we exactly know what this shape-shifter looks like?" she asked sheepishly, her expression just as embarrassed as her voice. Maura was always lacking the talent to research on hunts. Since I was the technopathy one, I generally succeeded on discovering the background information within the cases.

"From what I've come across, something freaky with their eyes," I explained blankly, turning in a full one-eighty to face her pale, hypnotized stare, but it wasn't at me. I tilted my head baffled by her wide-eyed expression. "Kass, behind you!" she shrieked, pointing behind me terrifyingly. I looked at her, skeptically. What could she possibly be pointing at other than the- Oh my gosh!

I swiftly turned around, pulling up my shotgun and shot about three rounds until I realized- nothing was there but another pile of shape-shifter goo on the mucky ground, as I was just about to step in it. How lovely. "Sorry," she said modestly, putting her hands in her pockets. "I didn't want you to step in er- that."

"Really," I sighed, rolling my eyes ungraciously. I never would have thought that I would hauntingly freak out, when her voice was so frightening. The thought of me rapidly reacting so quickly- what if was the boys? I would have killed them in cold blood without hesitation.

"Hey, I said I was sorry."

"Never mind that- if this is here, maybe we're getting closer."

Suddenly, I heard faint footstep charging towards us faster and faster from a channel to our left. I glanced over at Maura, looking at me serious, as we held up our weapons and waiting for a shape-shifter to appear.

___________________________________________________________________

Dean's POV

Three continuous gun shots after another, echoing slightly past from where we had left the girls to keep going while Sam and I entered a channel. There was no other active since the stone skimming the sludgy water. If the shape-shifter was trying to throw us off guard by throwing something in the water, he was doing a pretty god-damn good job of it. "Did you hear that?" Sam said, quizzically pointing his flashlight behind him. I nodded, "Come on- the girls might need our help," I replied hastily, jogging passed him quickly and leaving him with a puzzled grin, until he realized he needed to pick up the pace.

We took a short cut from where the shots might have been fired. I had a bad feeling that by the time we got there, it might have been too late. The girls could be seriously hurt, the shape-shifter might have gotten away- why couldn't I think of one thing that could go right about this? Because their woman and weaker than men- Eh- I didn't mean that, really.

Scurrying fiercely down the unearthly, sullied channel, I noticed we were being targeted but none other than the fiery Valentine sisters. Oh great- was it two shape-shifters after all and they've already been captured? I retrieved my pistol, pointing back at them and weakening my pace. "Dean, what are you doing?" squalled Sam, walking beside me uneasy. "It's the girls-"

"I'm not taking any chances here," I told him, shifting uncomfortably as we inched closer to the eerie, hair-raising, gun-cocking girls. Once I got clearer sight of them, a familiar redhead lowered her shotgun. "Dean? Sam?" Kassia said suspiciously, as Maura was standing beside her with her weapon still aiming at us. "Kass? Maura? Uh- how do we um- know it's really you?" I questioned back, put down my gun just slightly. I didn't want to let my guard down thinking that these were the same girls that my brother and I were growing too bosom with.

Kassia's smirk on her face was friendly, but still the same seductive and hot-blooded. "You don't," she stated bluntly, gesturing Maura to lowering her weapon and she obeyed doubtfully. "Just like we don't know if you're who we think you are. I mean come on, how eerie would that be if I started hitting on a freakin' shape-shifter bastard? That's just unsanitary."

A smile spread across my face. "Good point," I stated, "I guess that's a risk we're gonna have to take now aren't we?" Maura mumbled something to herself and rolled her eyes. Leave it to me and my bright idea to split up.
♠ ♠ ♠
Bum dee dum dum dum....
Oh yeah, your comments are lovely :)
Sam and Dean are proud of you loyal fans too!