Status: Under Construction. Posted on wattpad as "Rebels and Skeletons"

Burn It to the Ground

Can We Get This Back To How It Used To Be?

Kassia’s POV:

I seriously had considered that a fist-fight would unravel all my troubles, even if it lead down the road killing my sister in cold blood, believing that would make things any better… it honestly had crossed my mind.

From the when Dean slammed the door behind me like he was caging me in a freaking dog kennel; I folded my arms over my chest and stared out my window in silence, minding my own business. I was so furious with Maura that I wanted to punch Dean in the face it was that bad. He probably would quickly react even if I would have tried, but it was another crazy idea that popped up in my head. After Dean got in the car and started the engine, he felt him gazing at me in concern. My face I’m sure was pure disgust over Maura and our horrific scene, bickering over every stupid possible thing you could think of. When I didn’t bother to veer my eyes back at him, a soft sigh fled from his mouth as the Impala was put in motion back onto the dark, soulless road.

The loud silence within the car was so haughty, Dean flipped on the radio, shattering a familiar song throughout the car; “Cold As Ice by: Foreigner. I rolled my eyes, glaring at his amused expression. “Are you serious?” I questioned brutally, knowing that the song fit the mood all too well but it only made me more short-tempered, and he became aware of that right away.

He let out a guilty chuckle, apologizing “Sorry,” before turning down the volume a couple notches. Another concise pause came in between us, but of course Dean happened to ruin that. I just wanted to be left alone. “So, do you mind telling me why you were endeavoring on murdering your sister back there?” he asked sternly, feeling his eyes wondering over my way. That’s when the night started replaying in my mind like a crossover of Mean Girls and Coyote Ugly- the battle between Maura and I could have gotten more repulsive if Sam and Dean hadn’t shown up. Who knows if one of us would have pulled a knife or a gun to each other? It might have been another bloody massacre and neither one of us might not have gotten out alive.

“I do mind.” I callously answered back, my blue eyes glued on the dark trees quickly passing us by. Unfortunately, my bitterness didn’t stop him from trying to pry the answers out of me. “What the Shape-shifter told you back in Cheyenne; this is what’s bothering you, isn’t it?” Yes and no, but he didn’t receive a response from me. “Hell, I thought you of all people wouldn’t listen to a god-damn thing that bastard says.”

“Goes to show, you don’t know me as well as you think you do,” I shot back, giving him an icy stare. His eyes fell from me, back onto the road and let me proceed. “What the Shape-shifter said was true- every last fucking thing of it, but that’s not the only reason why I’m pissed off at Maura. And I am not getting into it with you right now.”

Dean let out a bothered grunt, keeping his eyes on the road ahead of him. As much as he would try to calm me down, there was no way it was achievable. Maura had me so worked up that I wasn’t in the mood for a family lecture or a therapy session on, why you shouldn’t get pissed off at your sister after a Shape-shifter encounter. I gritted my teeth, letting out a loud sigh as we slowly made our way to a composed and not as creepy motel. It was still a cheap motel and it won’t be peaceful once you put Maura and I in the same room together. I’d be right up there with Dean on murder at that rate.

Staring out my window in a meaningless way, the moon was dazzling in the night sky as billions of stars enclosed it quietly. I rested my head up against the glass window, wishing upon a star that the night would end without another feud. It sounded so childish, but anything was worth the pointless attempt than what I was going through. The Impala pulled into a space in front of the building beside an old rusted-up van, which appeared as if it needed a major tune-up. Dean cut the engine and breathed heavily, glancing over at my anguished face. I peered at him in the corner of my eye, but stared back out the window.

“You know, ignoring me isn’t going to solve your problems with Maura.” He stated, covering his tone with pure seriousness. I scrunched my face at him mentioning solving my problems as nearly let out a small snicker. Dean had no idea about my issues and it bugged me to know that as surprisingly concerned that he was. My drunken rage took the best of me as I slapped him hastily across the face. He quickly pulled his hand up to his face, staring back at me mystified. Dean just shook his head and continued and swung his door open. “Okay, sorry I mentioned that.” He forced himself out of the car, slamming the door shut behind him and walking behind the car to the trunk. I knew he was irritated with the way I was acting, but how could you blame me with what I had just gotten myself into?

I growled angrily and pushed the passenger door open to force my body out, closing it fiercely behind me. Making my way over to Dean hovering over the trunk, he didn’t glance up at me once. I watched as he started fumbling with various weapons, obviously attempting to occupy his mind as I’m sure he was thinking too much. Who wouldn’t be? “Look Dean, I-”

He held a hand out in front of me, gesturing me not to waste my breath continuing. Dean tossed one of the heavy weapons back and closed the trunk, leaning over it before glancing back at me alarmed. “You’re sorry, I get that; no big deal,” he said sincerely finishing my sentence, as I shoved my hands deep in my jean pockets, unnervingly as I began to feel tears well up in my eyes. “It really isn’t my business to start nosing around; pressuring you to tell me what went on back there.” A gratifying smirk spread across his face. “I mean I could see it with my own eyes and boy, let me tell you that was one engaging fight you put up back there.” I smiled as an ashamed chuckle escaped from my lips. Of course, Dean would find something that most would find appalling, so engaging. “Kassia,” he yieldingly prolonged, looking deeply into my eyes with his mossy green ones. “Just what ever else it is, you know I’m here for you- whatever it takes…”

“My life is a boulevard of broken dreams,” I implied following a simple grin of enjoyment, quoting the song from Green Day. Dean raised an eyebrow back at me confused, not realizing what I was doing. “It’s a song, sorry; one that you wouldn’t know.” He snickered and shook his head, before leaning over and pecking me swiftly on the cheek. We both acknowledge Maura’s black and gold Firebird pulling into the parking lot that Sam happened to be driving, as my lunatic sister sat jadedly in the passenger seat.

I sighed and glanced back at Dean. “I’m not sleeping in the same room as her- not tonight anyway.”

“Do you really think that Sam and I are that gullible to leave you two alone for awhile?”

“Hey, she started the whole thing. Do you really think I’m that violent of a person?”

“After that clash in the middle of the highway, I wouldn’t put it passed you.”
_____________________________________________________________
Dean’s POV:

Women; geez.

One minute the two sisters were happy as clams- even if Kass was practically throwing herself at a bartender- but after the girls left to search for the motel, their ripping each other limb from limb. What had Sam and I gotten ourselves into? Two ferocious and probably murderous woman by our sides; that was pretty damn daring if you ask me, but when you have frisky woman like the Valentine’s- what man in his right mind would pass up such an opportunity?

Either way, I knew I had made another bad move when Sam and I left the girls in separate cars as we went in the motel office to get two rooms. Both girls weren’t fit to be staying in the same room, so Sam and I split up with our own bloody Valentines. Once we left the office, I saw the girls out of the cars and leaning against the hood of the Impala and the other on the Firebird, with their bags slung over their shoulders. Apprehensively, the girls weren’t granting each others presence as they stood there, arms crossed over their chests and staring aimlessly at the ground; it was relieving that they were clawing each others eyes out, but disappointing that they couldn’t work things out. I’ll admit that Sam and I constantly bicker about stupid stuff and will get into fist-fights quite often, but we’ve managed to make-up on our aspects.

I walked up to Kassia, who looked up at me disheartened and taking the motel key from my grasp as I realized Maura did the same with the key Sam had in his hand. Maura was the first to flee the tension-built atmosphere between her and her sister, nodding at Sam and I wearily before closing the door to the room behind her, not batting an eye in Kassia’s direction once. We both stared at Kass, who sighed, wiping her eyes vigorously where I had only noticed tears were starting to fall from her piercing blue eyes again. “Dean, I’ll be inside- Night Sam.” Sam and I nodded and watched as she weaved her way around us, into the room next to the one Maura went in.

A sigh left my lips as I rubbed my hand across my forehead, stressfully. “What are we going to do with these women?” I questioned in a confused tone, which I seemed to be talking to myself at the time as Sam was in his own little world. I waved a hand in front of his face slowly, as he appeared to be dazing at the gravel parking lot. “Hey Sammy, you with me?” No response. Snapping my fingers a couple times, he finally shook his head and stared back at me, baffled. “What are you thinking?” Stupid question. What wasn’t he thinking about?

Sam hesitated briefly, shuffling awkwardly in place as he managed to find the words he was looking for. “Dean, how did we ever get ourselves so easily attached? We barely know these girls and we’re calling them our girlfriends?” I wasn’t sure what he was getting at, but he was sort of making a good point. We didn’t know these girls that well and yet they still inhabit our time quite regularly.

“I don’t know,” I replied warily, staring at the open window where I noticed Kass pacing the room like a lonely dog, her face hanging low as her tears were more noticeable.

“You better keep after her before she kills herself,” Sam declared, moving his head in the direction of Kassia in the room. Way to be negative, Sammy.

“I’d say the same for you, but I think she’d be the one to kill you first.”

He shook his head and turned on his heels and walked in the room where Maura was most likely grieving, leaving me out in the eerie, hectic night. I felt like I was hit by a truck, flashing back through the day how it started out like we were good friends and this… this was just agonizing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Didn't move along much farther, but it's a drama-packed chapter! :P
Comments = love <3