Status: Under Construction. Posted on wattpad as "Rebels and Skeletons"

Burn It to the Ground

If You Want To Get Out Alive, Run For Your Life.

Kassia's POV:

Who ever would have thought that we could have been dealing with something so modest? A vengeful spirit; according to Michael Taylor, he was having an affair with Elizabeth when him and Diana were in engaged- talk about scandalous.

It was barely after eleven in the morning, so if we were planning on going to pay Miss. Diana a little visit we needed to wait until it was closer to dusk, otherwise civilians may spot us and call the sheriff to put us in jail. It’s bad enough that Dean was a dead man walking- we didn’t need to add more for the record book.

Maura and I arrived back at the motel shortly after getting off the phone with the boys, as I immediately plunged head first for the bed when we penetrated our room. I was quite exhausted to say the least, right next to my grumbling stomach that was anguishing me into feeding it. It was a protracted night and I just wanted to drown under the covers, never to come back up for a long, long time.

I overheard Maura shuffling in her duffel bag on the bed beside me, occasionally mumbling something to herself lazily. “While I have the opportunity, I guess I’ll do some laundry. Have anything that needs done?” She asked calmly, as I just lied there motionless. I let out a small groan, pointing over to my chaotic duffel resting on the rickety wooden table. There were dirty clothes mixed in with clean ones- it was too much of a hassle for me to get up and tell her every single thing.

A brief silence fell within the room, followed by a rapid sigh from my sister. I heard her footsteps shambling across the floor and then rummaging through my clothes. “I’ll be down the hall if you need me,” Maura stated, as I could feel her eyes gazing at the back of my head. I managed to mutter an ‘okay’ before she fled out the door.

Hastily, I rolled over onto my back and relieved a profound sigh, staring aimlessly at the cheap drywall ceiling. My eyes slowly became heavy as I drifted off in to a deep sleep:

My legs were clumsy, forcing myself to crawl up a flight of stairs as they were jagging in pain, unaware as to why I was in this type of agony. The house wasn’t familiar to me, but I had acknowledged that the home was once taken over by a treacherous fire by all the black film left on every wall, along with broken glass scattered on the hardwood floors from lonely picture frames. Once I had reached the top step, I caught a glimpse of one of the pictures on the floor. I took a hold of the battered photograph, gazing at it bizarrely.

“What the hell?” I quietly whispered, noticing two familiar faces from the picture; one who was a man about in his late twenties, early thirties with short light blonde hair. There was a little girl about four or five, dark brown pigtails who was smiling boldly. It was my dad and sister about twenty years ago. Where the hell was I? Another thing that caught my eye was a young woman around the same age as my father in the picture, glued to his side with her brown locks resting just below her shoulders. In her arms was an infant that wasn’t very old either, possibly a few months old. Could that be me and my… my mother?

“Ah, I’ve been waiting for you, Kassia Valentine.” Said an eerie male voice from the bottom of the staircase, making my heart stop momentarily due to the startling presence inside the house to know I wasn’t alone.

I turned my head rapidly to view who it was behind me. There stood an older man with thin gray hair, staring back at me scornfully with his yellow eyes. Yellow eyes... any relation to this demon Sam and Dean were talking about?

Gulping quietly, the man approached me only to take each step casually and grin at me wildly. “What do you want from me?” I hissed, creeping backwards until my back came in contact with a weak wall of the house.

A small, haughty snicker fell from his lips as he continued to give me an aggressive stare. “I believe little Sammy Winchester told you about me, am I right?” he replied sophisticatedly, as he maintained his pace towards me.

So, he knows Sam? Well, if he is this famous demon that killed both our parents, it was apparent as to how he knew us by name. “You-” I scowled, compelling myself to get off the ashy floor.

“The one and only,” he smartly announced, now standing directly in front of me just a few feet away. “So glad you’re not as narrow-minded as everyone claims you to be.” Narrow-minded, who the hell was calling me narrow-minded? Yep, he is definitely a demon, not that the yellow eyes didn’t distinguish that part already.

Ignoring his comment, I glared at him fiercely. All demons seemed to believe that they were more clever and wiser than us humans. I was never going to let his arrogant remarks change my attitude. “What is it that you want from Sam and me?”I questioned, leaving each word covered in acid.

“Determined are we?”

“Quit evading the question.” I was fed up with all the non-sense and his beating around the bush.

The demon continued smirking viciously, making me feel a bit uneasy inside but I proceeded to stay tough. He hesitated for a moment, evidently trying to pull a fast one to distract me. “You and little Sammy are two keys to my little plan. See you and he are alike in many different ways, and that is why the two of you are useful.”

“Plan? What kind of plan?”

“That’s for me to know, and you to find out.”

Suddenly, the room bursts up in flames and I’m trapped, helpless. I need to get out of here…


-

Bang. Bang. Bang.

I was startled by a vigorous bashing against the door, and it wouldn’t stop. My eyes shot open, realizing that I was still face planted on the bed in the motel room. That part was alleviating, but the thought of who might be behind the door only frightened me more. Was it just a nightmare, or was it the demon’s way of trying to communicate with me? Hell, I was losing it.

Bang. Bang. Bang.

“Kass, it’s Sam; open up.” A mere fraction of me worried that I was still dreaming, that it could be some kind of cruel joke just so I would unbolt the door. “Uh- Dean’s here too.” That’s all it took for me to jolt up from the bed. The whole thought of being stuck in a nightmare faded from my conscious, as I flung open the door and collapsed against Dean’s torso. He instantly wrapped his arms around me, soothingly.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” he asked in his calming voice, not letting go of him as I tried to fight back the fear-provoking tears from falling.

“It’s him,” I managed to choke out through me angered terror. I felt like such a baby being as panicky as I am, but when a demon tells you are part of his plan, what else is there to do- laugh and take it as a joke? Demons lie I know that, but this was just down-right creepy.

There was a brief moment of silence, piercing through me like a dart. “Who’s him?” questioned a perplexed Sam, as I slowly pulled away from Dean to glance up at their alarmed faces.

“That yellow-eyed demon you both have been after. He came to visit me in my sleep.”
___________________________________________________________________

Dean's POV:

If I got paid for every jaw-dropping news I’ve encountered in the passed few hours, I ought to be a millionaire by now. First, the brawl between two Valentine’s in the middle of the highway; next, you have an unexpecting presence of my dad in the middle of nowhere; then, we find out that Michael’s first wife, Diana, was seen by his second wife, Elizabeth, numerous times before her death; and finally, this- Kassia having a dream involving Yellow Eyes? Could this day get anymore extreme?

“Where’s your sister?” my brother asked her in more of a consoling, eager tone.

Kass sniffled, rubbing at her eyes vigorously. “Uh- she went to go to do laundry.”

Sam nodded, glancing up at me to let me know he was going to go find her. Maura needed to know what was going on with her sister. The fact that we had a run in with Dad telling us that it wasn’t safe to be around him, because of the demon and then this happens; it couldn’t have been just coincidence.

Placidly, I helped Kassia back in the room and settled her down in one of the big leather chairs in the corner of the room. Her expression was distant and deep in thought, not saying one word since I brought her back in the room.

“What did he say to you?” I questioned sternly, pacing back and fourth the matted, tacky carpet. Her eyes veered back up at me for a split second and then fell back to the floor. She refused to say anything. “Kass…”

Abruptly, hasty footsteps emerged from outside the doorway. I gazed over my shoulder to see Sam standing behind an anxious Maura, staring wearily at Kassia. This whole demon issue was definitely starting to become our more our problem again. Can we ever get by without having the bastard pop up in every picture? Very unlikely.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well... it doesn't focus on the case really, but this plays a major role at least... trust me.
Remember, comments make our days better... and encourage us to write more :)