Status: Under Construction. Posted on wattpad as "Rebels and Skeletons"

Burn It to the Ground

Who Will Save Me From All I'm Up Against Out In This World?

Kassia’s POV

People giving half-ass answers- what was up with that? If it was someone important in their lives, wouldn’t you think they would want to find out the exact information right away- the truth, not a mile long story or just a few words that don’t explain a goddamn thing? Since no one would let us see the Winchesters, there was a moment where a pencil that was resting on the counter across the room became the best weapon I could use to stab the eyes out of every last idiot in the gut-wrenching hospital. As brutal as it sounded, the endless waiting continued and it crossed my mind more and more. Not sure how far it would get me, but I was still craving the idea.

However, there was a second of relief when Sam Winchester approached my sister and me. The scratches and scars residing on his face appeared as if someone hacked him with a lawn mower. No matter how bad of shape he was in, we were still glad he was all right, especially from Maura’s side view. When she crashed against his chest for a hug and Sam slightly wincing at the pain, a modest smile formed on my face. I think it had something to do with being in her little pet’s arms and she was at ease to see him.

“I’m glad you’re not dead,” I said bluntly, as he released Maura from his arms. I wasn’t sure if I said that in more of an icy tone or not. It wasn’t intentional, but there was still one person I was apprehensive about. Actually, it’s two if you counted John, but I was still hoping that he was the one in the coma. As cruel as it seemed, I didn’t care. Dean was more of a concern.

I gave Sam a weary, belligerent stare as him and Maura broke away from their grasp.

“But where’s Dean?” my voice half-quivered as I scanned the man’s troubled facial appearance.

Sam was utterly silent, gulping uneasily once the question was asked. It was something I knew right away that it couldn’t be good.

“They don’t know anything for sure,” he declared wearily, but I could sense the bewilderment in his voice like he knew something and was afraid of telling me something. Seriously, people need to stop extended the truth with nonsense bullshit. I just want to know what’s going on. Somebody knew something, whether it was the good cliché ending news or it whether it was an atrocious and sob fest.

I quickly jolted from the inexpensive waiting room chair into the direction which Sam had come from, endeavoring to start my search to find Dean. I could have sworn that I heard my sister calling after me, wanting me to stop and scurry back to her and Sam. Like the disobedient bitch that I was, I ignored her. I was tired of waiting on news that would never arrive. I was better off finding out on my own.

My journey began, peeking in every ill room in existence. Occasionally I had a few worried woman peering up at me when I glanced upon the room. They were probably under as much stress if not more than me. This is why I hated hospitals with a frightening passion- everyone is depressed and grieve fretfully.

Just when I was about to turn around and go back to the waiting room with Maura and Sam, my eyes came across a secluded room towards the end of the corridor. A dreary sigh escaped from my lips, figuring that it was my last and only hope at finding Dean in the infirmary.

Swiftly, I shuffled my feet across the pale yellow tiles towards the small metal door frame. Without hesitation, my eyes shot through the room at the occupied bed. My heart instantly stopped, feeling as I myself had been put into a coma. There he was- connected to a million different wires and tubes; the computer monitor on the opposite side of his bed, was making the constant high pitch noise you wish your ears would never have to listen to. Really it was more annoying than agonizing if you asked me.

As I approached his bed side, I could catch a glimpse of his full batter features existing on his face. There was a large cut across his forehead that was stitched up neat enough that it might not even be noticeable after a few months. Then again, a few months- that is all determined on how bad the circumstances were. How long could he be suffering from this?

I slowly placed Dean’s hand in mine, closing my eyes gently as I bit down on my bottom lip with determined force. I didn’t want to start weeping my eyes out even though that’s what people do in hospitals- most of the time; I was stronger than that- at least that’s what I thought. There was no need to keep up with the usual cliché now was there? I mean for one, it was ridiculous how I was reacting on all this. Looking back, if anything Dean and Sam were more of acquaintances with Maura and I. We worked together on two cases and suddenly we feel immune to them? It’s like they had fallen from the sky with their freakishly tall, irresistible charming looks just to distract us. Then you had the overwhelming affection growing inside us like it’s some kind of disease. It was like one of those seven minutes in heaven types of dreams, except I’m sure people wouldn’t consider hunting the creatures of the dark in the whole ‘seven minutes in heaven’ but that could just be me.

Life was better when we slept with random men in biker bars- you know, the ones who we had one night stands with and never saw again; we didn’t care whether or not we were going to come across them because there was a job that need to be done; demon hunting wasn’t going to drop everything and kill supernatural bastards on their own, just so you can go out and live a Disney Princess fairytale.

“The doctor said it’s serious,” Sam’s shaken voice broke through the empty silence. I vigorously wiped away the stray marks that had slipped down the side of my face, sniffling momentarily to pull myself back to reality. Why was I becoming more and more vulnerable? If anything, that depressed me.

“Huh?” I said quietly in an oblivious tone, as if I hadn’t heard what he said. I heard him quite clear, because what I saw before my eyes- it didn’t take a monkey in an astronaut suit to figure out how serious this was- there were details I wasn’t certain on, but I could tell it was bad. I wasn’t stupid.

“He lost a lot of blood,” Sam stated. His voice sounded weary and dull. I wasn’t sure his expression matched his tone until I acknowledged him gendering over to stand beside me, staring down at his motionless brother with distress. “Contusions to the liver and kidneys are what the doc said he’s worried about.”

“Can’t we do anything to save him- save him from… from this?” I questioned mournfully, referring to the excruciating coma Dean was lying in. I know I was grieving, but I could only imagine what Sam was going through. And when he shot me a misty-eyed look, I figured I was already asking too much; besides, he’s not the doctor. However, doctors seem to lack some important information every now and then. My sister and I had been there before- nothing pretty that’s for sure.

I felt a hand rest on my shoulder, realizing that it was Maura standing behind me giving me a weary stare. I was waiting for her to say one of her famous lines to get me to cheer up, but she didn’t. She did manage to inform me how it probably was a good time to get a bite of some hospital food. She was nagging me about when we were sitting in the waiting room for news on the wounded men, but like my response before I gave her a hateful glare.

“I think that sounds good,” Sam chimed in, brightening his dark gloomy eyes just vaguely. “I actually have to go stop by the impound and pick up Dean’s Impala with a family friend. I’ll catch up with you two later. Oh and if anybody asks, we’re Elroy McGillicuddy's sons.”

“Elroy McGillicuddy?” Maura and I said in a baffled unison.

“Just what I said.”

--

“Now this is what I’m talking about; cheap enchiladas in the middle of the night with my favorite sis. Could this get any more awesome?” my arrogant sister proclaimed, loud enough that the army of retired veterans in the far end of the cafeteria could hear her. The way Maura was taking this situation almost made me want to go insane. How could anyone be so calm about something so serious? Yes, she may have been relieved to find out that Sam was alive but there was still one Winchester that was still on the list that needed saved.

“You really need to take this more seriously,” I stared back at her sternly and in a slightly agitated voice. “Dean is in a coma- don’t you even care?”

Maura froze about ready to stuff her face full of the lousy hospital food she was eager to obtain. She lowered her fork and gave me a casual, confident stare. The least she could have done was show a little better emotion for the circumstances.

“I am worried about Dean, Kass. I do have a soul, whether you believe it or not.” Maura kept her eyes glued on me, making sure that I had her full attention. “Now, eat the food I got you before it gets cold.”

“I’m not hungry,” I stated firmly and gazing blankly at the Styrofoam container of dry, overdone rice and pasty, lukewarm enchiladas; talk about icky hospital food. Who would even crave this cardboard shit in a box?

As I continued to stare at the container in front of me, Maura let out an exasperated sigh.

“Look,” she said in concern. “The reason I’m acting like this does robotically mean I don’t give a shit. Between you and me, I’m scared-” Well, I wasn’t expecting that. My sister scared? I never saw that one coming.

My eyes widened, as she noticed my appearance change. Maura let out a weary chuckle and proceeded.

“Yeah, I know right? Me scared; that’s very rare, but I think if you just calm down and relax a little that you wouldn’t feel so stressed out. That’s what I’ve learned to do.”

I frowned, instantly piercing her with a fiery glare. How could she tell me to relax? Dean in the critical situation; I’d rather see his own father die before him. I hardly knew John Winchester, but like I said before Maura and I didn’t know his sons the best either.

My body was still trembling all over by the sight of Dean’s motionless corpse hooked up to monitors. How could she even dare to tell me that I should be calmer?

“Alright,” she shot back in an understanding tone. “How about this: would your little boy toy want to see you like this?”

“How else would he expect me to react? Would he rather see me jumping with joy like a rapid monkey with glee in my eyes, because he’s dying?”

Maura gawked at me puzzlingly, not sure how to respond to that. She just shrugged her shoulders. Was she kidding me? Just shrugging your shoulders doesn’t make it any better.

“Kassia, listen to me.” She was really starting to sound like Dad- one thing that will always annoy me to no end. “Wouldn’t you think Dean would rather see you happy than sit around moping and worrying about how this all turns out?” I veered my eyes from down at the grimy hospital food, back at her caring, brown eyes. “Come on Kass, this is Dean Winchester we’re talking about. I’m pretty sure he would want to see you light up a room with that smile of yours, whether you were faking it or not… and you know, if things don’t turn out good- well… that’s life- it happens. I know you already know that by now.”

She was right, which was surprising because I was on the urge to slapping her across the face from all the words that flew out her mouth. Life is short; we all live it and before you know it, it is taken right from your arms. Whatever happens to Dean could scar me for life, but I can’t mourn forever.
___________________________________________________________________

Dean’s POV

I wasn’t sure what was going on with everyone. There was like an invisible shield around me; no one would acknowledge me. Was I missing something? Was I dead? I needed some clarification on all this.

Quickly, I fled back up the flight of stairs in search for the room I came from. I was still worried as to where Sam and Dad could be; hell, where were the girls? If anything, maybe one of them could help me but that requires actually finding them first. If it wasn’t for a huge semi-truck smashing our brains to bits, I wouldn’t have been in this situation. I thought even more when my eyes stopped at the horrendous sight before me.

When I finally reached the room, I swore I was hallucinating- or just standing in front of a mirror. While I was standing wide-eyed and astonished, there my body laid on the bed before me. I didn’t understand; how was I standing there if I was actually on a cheap hospital bed with wires and tubes attached to me? I felt like one of those earthbound spirits walking around, except I was half dead not one hundred percent dead. This completely dumbfounded me.

Abruptly, hasty footsteps approached the room until they came to a sudden stop. That’s when I noticed a familiar redhead standing a few paces away, gazing across the room at me lying on the bed. Her startled appearance was probably identical to my own. She was terrified and shaking uncontrollably.

“Kass,” I whispered softly. “It’s good to see you. How’s Sam and my Dad?” Of course like everyone else, she didn’t respond. “Come on, you’re a psychic. Give me some kind of ghost whispering or something.”

Kassia paced swiftly across the pale-tiled floor towards the bed, not once changing the expression sprawled on her face. I watched as she cupped her hand around mine, and her eyes welling up with tears. I didn’t want to be like this.

“Kass, don’t- don’t cry. I’m going to be okay.”

“The doctor said it’s serious,” Sam’s familiar, quivering voice split through the empty room. I turned to take a glimpse of my little brother’s battered features.

“Sammy, boy am I glad to see you. You look great,” I smiled lightly, almost wishing I could hug him. Then again, I wasn’t up for another chick flick moment.

Kass moved her hands across her face, making the visible tears disappear. She didn’t turn around but acted oblivious when he entered the room.

“He lost a lot of blood,” Sam declared wearily, pacing into the room and stood next to the mourning redhead as her sister stood close behind her. “Contusions to the liver and kidneys are what the doc said he’s worried about.”

“Can’t we do anything to save him- save him from… from this?” Kass asked somber tone.

“I’ll be fine! Don’t worry about me.”

Sam gazed back at her. I couldn’t see the emotion on his face from where I was standing, but by the looks on the girl’s faces, it wasn’t something to look forward to.

“Why does everybody have to be so down? Guys, I’m going to be fine, you’ll see.”

Everybody being so miserable is making me despise hospitals more and more.
♠ ♠ ♠
Elroy McGillicuddy... you all know what I'm talking about right? John's assumed name on his insurance card? I don't even know if that's how you spell the last name xD

So yeah... it's been what a month since the last update? I thank my lovely migraines keeping me from writing -.-
But to make it up to you, it's about twice as long as what I usually write lol :D

Wait, don't go! Comment- they make us happy!!